Like Tree9519Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by arbrnrgr View Post
    Hey guys I don't mean to get everybody all riled up and I know "The Rant" isn't always a good source of information but there's a post over there saying that all future classes are on hold due to the second circuit court of appeals decision. This is the first I've heard this anywhere. Can any of you gentlemen who are currently on the job either confirm or deny this rumor. As always, thank you for your time, it is greatly appreciated.

Silly rumor from someone who clearly knows nothing. At this time, all things are go for July 29th.

....and.....for the 1,000,000th time....STAY OF THE F#%KING RANT. That means today and everyday of your career. Nothing good comes from that sewing circle.

Forum Member

When I woke up this morning, I had a couple texts asking me if this was true. I knew there would be a question about it here. It's a bad rumor and I wouldn't be surprised if that was posted just to rile people up.

The only place that I take seriously, as far as information: 9 Metro Tech, my investigator, DCAS. Official sources. Also, all the information I've read, including statements by lawyers familiar with the case, has concluded that the appeals decision has no affect on the current list, at least not at this moment.

Forum Member

funny this came up today, I heard from a reliable source just yesterday that the 29th is not official, but that's still their target date as of this week.

That rumor is pretty ridiculous if you think about it. Take FDsouthbxNY's advice.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Silly rumor from someone who clearly knows nothing. At this time, all things are go for July 29th.

....and.....for the 1,000,000th time....STAY OF THE F#%KING RANT. That means today and everyday of your career. Nothing good comes from that sewing circle.
    The fact that it's titled "The Rant" lets you know it's just that... a rant. The guys on there are worse than women who secretly hate their best friends. Don't even type it into your search bar. And if you do, you're your own worst enemy because it's a rumor mill for malcontents who pine for the days of leather helmets, drinking on the job and paying probies to work tours so they can concentrate on side work. Old news. Stay away from it.

Forum Member

Well just to throw in what i heard from my investigator on Friday 5/31/13.

I called her in regards to a letter i received asking me to hand in all remaining paperwork by June 3rd. When i called her to ask for a few days extension, she asked for my list number and told me "You should not have received that email becuz that email was only intended for those who will be going in July 29". She then said "You still have until August becuz after we wrap up the July class IM GOING TO START PREPARING YOUR CASE FOR THE JANUARY CLASS". I then asked "So there WILL be a January class?" She said "Yes and with your list number you are looking at January, so call me back in August".

My list number is between 560-570/OC

Forum Member

Thanks for the info spider neck, do you mind me asking your score, I'm just curious what if they are really up to 103 etc. thanks

Forum Member

spiderneck did you have ur medical?

Forum Member

Score is 103. No medical yet. No psych either. Only completed CPAT and initial interview.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Score is 103. No medical yet. No psych either. Only completed CPAT and initial interview.
    I'm in the same boat. Early 400's here.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Whenever it was that you said that directly to me I decided to take your advice and delete my account. It felt like going cold turkey off of meth for the first week, but now I feel good about that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    funny this came up today, I heard from a reliable source just yesterday that the 29th is not official, but that's still their target date as of this week.

That rumor is pretty ridiculous if you think about it. Take FDsouthbxNY's advice.
    It's not really official until the last minute. Everything is subject to change as needed. It was the same with the last class. 1/14 was the plan all along, but I wouldn't say that it was guaranteed until day 1. Don't forget they ****ed over the last class that would have come out of 6019 by waiting till the very last moment to cancel on them.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

It's not really official until the last minute. Everything is subject to change as needed. It was the same with the last class. 1/14 was the plan all along, but I wouldn't say that it was guaranteed until day 1. Don't forget they ****ed over the last class that would have come out of 6019 by waiting till the very last moment to cancel on them.[/QUOTE]

Ain't that the truth

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    It's not really official until the last minute. Everything is subject to change as needed. It was the same with the last class. 1/14 was the plan all along, but I wouldn't say that it was guaranteed until day 1. Don't forget they ****ed over the last class that would have come out of 6019 by waiting till the very last moment to cancel on them.
    Ain't that the truth[/QUOTE]

I second that
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Truth or not, that's all you've got. As far as those of you in hiring range are concerned, you're job is to prepare like 7/29 is your Day 1.

Forum Member

Has anyone come across a rumor that states the hiring list is schedule to come out June 5th?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Has anyone come across a rumor that states the hiring list is schedule to come out June 5th?
    what do you mean by "hiring list"?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Maybe it has to do with the PH's or maybe that's the day they're officially starting the life on the OC list ?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

People who are in the process of getting called in for the July 29th class. I was informed by my investigator that you are considered hired if/when you receive your 1.5 mile letter. So, I am assuming a hiring list is created before you even pass that test. Also, I was informed that such a list is schedule to come out June 5th. If so, can this be the reason why they sent out emails informing candidates that June 3rd is the deadline to submit their proof of residency, etc.

Forum Member

what's good, guys? Hope everyone is well and training hard.

I'm in the early 1800's and started working out and running a little while ago. I changed my diet as well.

Does anyone have a generalized idea when the list will start getting near my number? I read next class will be in January, but I'm thinking that will be too soon for my number. I just want to be prepared.

Any guesses?

Thanks guys, and thanks for all the support and useful info being thrown in here.

Forum Member

Maybe the "hiring list" is the official order they are hiring in after factoring in the 3 PH per 2 OC on the OC list? So basically the first few hundred OC people with the PHs mixed into it?
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Maybe it in part takes into account all the people who lost residency.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

People who are in the process of getting called in for the July 29th class. I was informed by my investigator that you are considered hired if/when you receive your 1.5 mile letter. So, I am assuming a hiring list is created before you even pass that test. Also, I was informed that such a list is schedule to come out June 5th. If so, can this be the reason why they sent out emails informing candidates that June 3rd is the deadline to submit their proof of residency, etc.
    Nothing like that has ever been done in the past. You're prob right, internally they have a list of everyone who has completed the process but I'm pretty sure people said they were going in for their medicals this week, so I doubt they would even have a list like you're talking about completed yet.

Forum Member

Yeahhhh I never heard of such a thing.

Forum Member

Nothing like that has ever been done in the past. You're prob right, internally they have a list of everyone who has completed the process but I'm pretty sure people said they were going in for their medicals this week, so I doubt they would even have a list like you're talking about completed yet.
    Maybe medicals to cover for guys who don't show or pass the run ?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

At best, I would imagine it would be an internal document listing all of the candidates from the 3 lists who appear to be ready to be offered the 1.5 mile run and therefore the job. HOWEVER, I imagine they always have that sort of thing going, and if such a thing does exist in any form I guarantee it's confidential.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    At best, I would imagine it would be an internal document listing all of the candidates from the 3 lists who appear to be ready to be offered the 1.5 mile run and therefore the job. HOWEVER, I imagine they always have that sort of thing going, and if such a thing does exist in any form I guarantee it's confidential.
    yea i agree, I wouldn't be surprised if they had a list like that, but I doubt it ever reaches the public. If it does exist, then its not a list that gets posted.

Thread Information