Like Tree11258Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Nothing like that has ever been done in the past. You're prob right, internally they have a list of everyone who has completed the process but I'm pretty sure people said they were going in for their medicals this week, so I doubt they would even have a list like you're talking about completed yet.
    and I would also doubt they would submit a list to candidates. Other than the list DCAS publishes, this entire process is kept pretty close to the chest.
    HopefulFF likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Why do you guys continue to pay attention to any of the crap this almostthere guy spouts? Listen to me: THEY WILL HIRE YOU WHEN THEY HIRE YOU. There's no pre hire list put out, no pre pre hire list, no may hire but not yet list, or any other list EXCEPT the list you're on. You will complete your 1.5 mile run and there will be a letter and a rep from CID waiting to officially make the job offer. THAT'S when you'll know you're hired.
    vekdoggs75 and rcfd31 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    Why do you guys continue to pay attention to any of the crap this almostthere guy spouts? Listen to me: THEY WILL HIRE YOU WHEN THEY HIRE YOU. There's no pre hire list put out, no pre pre hire list, no may hire but not yet list, or any other list EXCEPT the list you're on. You will complete your 1.5 mile run and there will be a letter and a rep from CID waiting to officially make the job offer. THAT'S when you'll know you're hired.
    This information I received today VIA EMAIL from a good source my be crap, but if it is not, whatever other information comes my way about this I will let you guys know!!
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

what's good, guys? Hope everyone is well and training hard.

I'm in the early 1800's and started working out and running a little while ago. I changed my diet as well.

Does anyone have a generalized idea when the list will start getting near my number? I read next class will be in January, but I'm thinking that will be too soon for my number. I just want to be prepared.

Any guesses?

Thanks guys, and thanks for all the support and useful info being thrown in here.

Anyone care to help me out with an estimation?
    Last edited by VanCroon; 06-03-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Forum Member

Do they do entry level interviews at all in the hiring process?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VanCroon View Post

I'm in the early 1800's and started working out and running a little while ago. I changed my diet as well.

Does anyone have a generalized idea when the list will start getting near my number? I read next class will be in January, but I'm thinking that will be too soon for my number. I just want to be prepared.

Any guesses?

Thanks guys, and thanks for all the support and useful info being thrown in here.

I would doubt January 2014, I would guess July 2014...?? Hard to say at this point.

Forum Member

Hey Manhattan Medic when you guys had the 1.5 mile run for the last class were there guys who didn't show up at all. Also were there guys who showed up but failed the run?

Forum Member

im in your shoes. im in the early 1800's as well. i think july 2014 is more realistic. well have a better idea after we see how many go into this july class from the oc list.

Forum Member

I'm having my first medical date this week, so if there is some kind of hiring list, it cant be final. Theres still a few people that are doing medicals, and if I am correct, the medical is only good for 6 months, therefore meaning that I have a chance at july academy (fingers crossed).
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VanCroon View Post

Any guesses?

I would say July 2014 at best. Very possible you'll get a letter once the January class goes in and at least begin processing then. That's what I'm hoping for at 21xx.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    This information I received today VIA EMAIL from a good source my be crap, but if it is not, whatever other information comes my way about this I will let you guys know!!

a friend of mine not going through the process just told me a guy he works with who is a PH was telling him about this "hiring list" today too...very odd.

Forum Member

Does your friend work with almostthere? LOL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Does your friend work with almostthere? LOL
    LOL, no he doesn't, but don't be surprise when you start hearing more and more about this!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by arbrnrgr View Post
    Hey Manhattan Medic when you guys had the 1.5 mile run for the last class were there guys who didn't show up at all. Also were there guys who showed up but failed the run?
    I imagine there must have been some that didn't show up for the run, but there was no way for us to know. I think there was 1-2 that appeared to fail on the day I did it.

edit: I'll say it again, but unless this hiring list BS is something to do with PHs I'd say there's nothing to this story. They're always keeping track of that sort of stuff, but it's for their eyes only.
    Last edited by Manhattan Medic; 06-04-2013 at 01:10 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I imagine there must have been some that didn't show up for the run, but there was no way for us to know. I think there was 1-2 that appeared to fail on the day I did it.

edit: I'll say it again, but unless this hiring list BS is something to do with PHs I'd say there's nothing to this story. They're always keeping track of that sort of stuff, but it's for their eyes only.
    Would you briefly sum up what happens after you pass the run? Teuf was saying that you get a letter from a CID rep, but what else need to happen before day one? I'm thinking things like gear issue and swearing in. How did it go for you post run, pre day one? Thank you.

Forum Member

Ya I agree. The only list that hasn't been made public is the PH list. Maybe it's that, still would be odd to release that info now after they processed all of the PHs though.

Forum Member

Remember that most PHs started Medicals and the whole process before guys from the OC. The "hiring list" refers to the PHs list numbers since they weren't given one when they tested I guess they going to use the SS tie breaker system to create a list for them, which only means.... They processed all who WILL take the job and have passed everything in the process.

Forum Member

Even if it's just a hiring list for the PH's it will at least give us guys on on OC list an idea of how many PH's are going in and give us guys an idea of where we potentially stand. That's if it's made public which is probably won't be.
    Last edited by TomFromQueens; 06-04-2013 at 10:25 AM.
    vekdoggs75 and River6019 like this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Even if it's just a hiring list for the PH's it will at least give us guys on on OC list an idea of how many PH's are going in and give us guys an idea of where we potentially stand.
    That seems like the most likely scenario seeing as how PHs are the only people hearing about this.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    That seems like the most likely scenario seeing as how PHs are the only people hearing about this.
    Who are the others hearing of this?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Who are the others hearing of this?
    HopefulFF said he had a friend who spoke to a PH and that he mentioned the list as well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    Would you briefly sum up what happens after you pass the run? Teuf was saying that you get a letter from a CID rep, but what else need to happen before day one? I'm thinking things like gear issue and swearing in. How did it go for you post run, pre day one? Thank you.
    You get your official job offer letter, have business suit orientation day about a week before the start of the academy, and get set up with a date to go to quartermaster and get issued gear. Don't worry though, they've done this a few times and will take care of everything for you, all you have to do is follow directions and be there on time. (we all know what on time is, right?)
    vekdoggs75 and River6019 like this.

Forum Member

Its not priority hire stuff, i also have it. The hiring list was supposed to be made by june 5. Its also about appeals for medicals. You can supposedly havemore than twotries, i dont know why you would need it though. But yea almostthere is right june5

Forum Member

You get your official job offer letter, have business suit orientation day about a week before the start of the academy, and get set up with a date to go to quartermaster and get issued gear. Don't worry though, they've done this a few times and will take care of everything for you, all you have to do is follow directions and be there on time. (we all know what on time is, right?)
    Somewhere between 59 and 61 minutes early?
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Its not priority hire stuff, i also have it. The hiring list was supposed to be made by june 5. Its also about appeals for medicals. You can supposedly havemore than twotries, i dont know why you would need it though. But yea almostthere is right june5
    What was it, an email that you got? What list number are you around?

Thread Information