Like Tree9854Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Somewhere between 59 and 61 minutes early?
    Just be there 1 hr before you are scheduled and I would think you would have no problem.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    What was it, an email that you got? What list number are you around?
    Mid 300s. Its a list of ppl who completed all the steps so far. I'm not one of them. I don't have a medical yet. Everything else is done.

Forum Member

Tom Coughlin rules on steroids type early

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Mid 300s. Its a list of ppl who completed all the steps so far. I'm not one of them. I don't have a medical yet. Everything else is done.
    WOW I am shocked they're disclosing this type of information.

Forum Member

It wasn't sent by anyone official was it?

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    WOW I am shocked they're disclosing this type of information.
    definitely...and if they included list numbers too that would be real nice

Forum Member

Are they suppose to email this list out?

Forum Member

VAN CROON -
    At 18XX I'm hoping you're easily in July '14, and certainly getting paperwork for preliminary processing soon after the July class goes in.

I'm early 3000s hopefully looking at January '15 or July '15 if the classes move with out wild lawsuits derailing the process again.

Forum Member

So how many people have completed all the steps? Do they indicate Promo, PH, or OC?
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Lol they don't send you the list, but i imagine they have a list made up of ph and oc that completed everything so far and they will invite them to the run. Im a lil ****ed but this summer will be brutal, hello jan

Forum Member

Lol they don't send you the list, but i imagine they have a list made up of ph and oc that completed everything so far and they will invite them to the run. Im a lil ****ed but this summer will be brutal, hello jan
    My bad I misunderstood you when you said that you have it. Thought you meant you have "the list". Lol

Forum Member

This list will be available on the FDNY website. Also, the appeals process is totally different for background disqualification then it is for medical and CPAT. As most said, this list is not the offical hiring list but more of an indication who most likely will be accepted into the July class.

Investigator said disqualification letters and invite for the 1.5 run will be mailed out late June early July.
    Last edited by almostthere; 06-04-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Forum Member

Its not priority hire stuff, i also have it. The hiring list was supposed to be made by june 5. Its also about appeals for medicals. You can supposedly havemore than twotries, i dont know why you would need it though. But yea almostthere is right june5

You can have a third crack at medicals if you fail round two (which is pathetic). However, if you want this third try you must visit an outside doctor for a nuclear stress test and methocolean test. You must bring the results of these tests to BHS for consideration.

Forum Member

Yup kinda bs to me, score a 104 and sit behind ppl who got 80s in the past, but i've been
    Keeping calm and trying to stay positive, at least i'll be on before i'm 25
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Yup kinda bs to me, score a 104 and sit behind ppl who got 80s in the past, but i've been
    Not only are you sitting behind people who scored less than you (PH/EMS), you are competing with candidates who has the opportunity to retake the medical and cpat two or three times. (OC/EMS/PH).

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Not only are you sitting behind people who scored less than you (PH/EMS), you are competing with candidates who has the opportunity to retake the medical and cpat two or three times. (OC/EMS/PH).
    Who are you to pass judgement on people who need a 3rd try at something in the medical? There are probably plenty of legitimate reasons to justify a 3rd attempt. I view people that need multiple attempts at the medical the same as I view PHs: Case by case. I'm not going to judge everyone the same. Some may have valid reasons for being in the position that they're in, even though they're trying their best, and I'm sure others are full of it.
    ffbam24 and FDsouthbxNY like this.

Forum Member

If you're early you're on time, if you're on time you're late policy?
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Who are you to pass judgement on people who need a 3rd try at something in the medical? There are probably plenty of legitimate reasons to justify a 3rd attempt. I view people that need multiple attempts at the medical the same as I view PHs: Case by case. I'm not going to judge everyone the same. Some may have valid reasons for being in the position that they're in, even though they're trying their best, and I'm sure others are full of it.
    You are absolutely right. There are some who has legitimate reasons, but I am more focused on those who don't. I am voicing my opinion just like you guys are voicing your frustration/opinion towards me, but I am not going over the top with it. I am just letting you guys know it is not just the PHS that you are competing with, etc.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    You get your official job offer letter, have business suit orientation day about a week before the start of the academy, and get set up with a date to go to quartermaster and get issued gear. Don't worry though, they've done this a few times and will take care of everything for you, all you have to do is follow directions and be there on time. (we all know what on time is, right?)
    Early is on time, on time
    Is late, late is not happening???
    Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    You are absolutely right. There are some who has legitimate reasons, but I am more focused on those who don't. I am voicing my opinion just like you guys are voicing your frustration/opinion towards me, but I am not going over the top with it. I am just letting you guys know it is not just the PHS that you are competing with, etc.
    I do not voice a specific frustration/opinion towards you because I don't know you. Overall I don't really agree with the idea of PHs but it's happening. I won't hold it against any of you specifically because that's unfair to you personally, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    Early is on time, on time
    Is late, late is not happening???
    Thanks.
    Yes but there's a specific time frame, read the comments above, they were on the money.

Forum Member

25? You lucky SOB

Forum Member

25? You lucky SOB
    Lol, i took 6019 also didn't score high enough for the class that got screwed but would've been hired in 3-4 yrs. I was 18 at the time so it would've worked out perfectly. Betterlate than never
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Lol, i took 6019 also didn't score high enough for the class that got screwed but would've been hired in 3-4 yrs. I was 18 at the time so it would've worked out perfectly. Betterlate than never
    I am in the same boat. Took 2043 at 18 and just missed the cut for the last class. Hope to be in before my 29th birthday. Better late than never x 2
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by thirdtimesacharm View Post
    I am in the same boat. Took 2043 at 18 and just missed the cut for the last class. Hope to be in before my 29th birthday. Better late than never x 2
    What did you F up on for 2043? I just missed the last class for that list too.

Forum Member

What did you F up on for 2043? I just missed the last class for that list too.
    Didn't mess anything up. Passed the real physical, completed all the paper work, and had my letter written to my company. I was ready to go. Then they hired up to 5696 on the list and I was at 57XX. Missed out by 40+ guys.

O well it is water under the bridge, now i am focused on 2014.
    vekdoggs75 and mocon337 like this.
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by thirdtimesacharm View Post
    Didn't mess anything up. Passed the real physical, completed all the paper work, and had my letter written to my company. I was ready to go. Then they hired up to 5696 on the list and I was at 57XX. Missed out by 40+ guys.

O well it is water under the bridge, now i am focused on 2014.
    Yeah I was in the high 5000s as well. I scored really well on the written, but wasn't prepared for the physical aerobically. I learned my lesson BIG TIME.

Thread Information