Like Tree9524Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Default References

Anyone in mid to upper 200's get reference letters yet??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by athomas44 View Post
    Anyone in mid to upper 200's get reference letters yet??
    All of my references and two of my past employers received letters. I'm assuming my two other past employers did as well. I'm between 250-300.
    Last edited by Minerva; 06-05-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Forum Member

They sent letters to your employers?? I havent heard tgst from anyone else. I have a lower list number and didnt get anything. Im assuming its because my investigator was on vacation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by athomas44 View Post
    They sent letters to your employers?? I havent heard tgst from anyone else. I have a lower list number and didnt get anything. Im assuming its because my investigator was on vacation.
    Yes. At least two of the four total did. One called me to tell me he received a letter, the other told my Father to tell me he had received a letter. My current employer hasn't received anything.

MembersZone Subscriber

Gee, no "pre-hiring-the-day-before-you-get-pre-hired" list? Who'd have thunk it? You guys have your list numbers already; that's all you need. Look for your letter telling you to show up for your run. Provided you can do it under 12, you can then assume you will be hired. They're not gonna tell you anything until then. I understand it's a nail biter waiting for this, but you need to stop clinging to every rumor that comes up.

There IS one bit of truth to this: the PHs ARE receiving info the rest of you WILL NOT get. Understand that they WILL be walked through this process at your expense. Make sure you have your collective s&%t together so they can't get rid of you to accommodate them; they're gonna try.
    ffbam24 and FDsouthbxNY like this.

Forum Member

Wow I can't believe they send letters to employers. Never heard of that. That sucks
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Wow I can't believe they send letters to employers. Never heard of that. That sucks
    So like.. Would they send a letter to an old army unit? Like I've been out going on 3.5 years... Or like.. For my job now will they send it to the corporate office?

That sounds fine and dandy if you work at a small firm or a grocery store..

Just doesn't make sense.

Forum Member

To clarify, it sounded like it was more of a form they fill out, confirming the information you provided to CID. Also, in 2008, when I was going through the process for 6019, this also occurred.

Also, the employers that received these forms, I haven't worked for them 5 and 6 years respectively.
    Last edited by Minerva; 06-05-2013 at 10:34 PM.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    To clarify, it sounded like it was more of a form they fill out, confirming the information you provided to CID. Also, in 2008, when I was going through the process for 6019, this also occurred.

Also, the employers that received these forms, I haven't worked for them 5 and 6 years respectively.
    Are you saying that they just.. Confirm you worked there?

What if they don't remember you.. Or they don't send the paperwork back?

Sry.. Little paranoid.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Are you saying that they just.. Confirm you worked there?

What if they don't remember you.. Or they don't send the paperwork back?

Sry.. Little paranoid.
    Or the past 3 jobs you had before your current job have gone out of business lol.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Or the past 3 jobs you had before your current job have gone out of business lol.
    See that's what I'm saying.. First job is out of bus.. 2nd job I got paid under the table.. Not sure about that 1.. And the 3rd (army) my company commander and any other friends/leaders are long gone.. If the CO got a letter asking about me he's be like.. Ummm? Toss this..

Same with the guard unit I was in..

Forum Member

has anyone actually heard of anyone being DQ'd due to background investigation, whether it be fired from a job or prior arrests? That is seriously my only obstacle, I passed my physical, will pass my psych(i hope, lol) and will more than likely be all good with my medical(few surgeries, nothing serious, great shape) , just have a few minor arrests and couple of summons.

EDIT: Also that sucks they send letters to your past two jobs, my current, It'll be great but the one before this, was panera bread, i worked there for like 3 weeks and hated it so I kinda quit on the spot , I hope it doesnt effect me negatively

Forum Member

I really wish we had more inside into the ratio of this next class. I am curious how the residency credit is working out and if lots of people claimed it who cant prove it.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I really wish we had more inside into the ratio of this next class. I am curious how the residency credit is working out and if lots of people claimed it who cant prove it.
    Yes, me too !!!! I'm using your list number as a reference if you get called by the fourth class ... Then I have a chance so lets hope you get call sooner than expected !!!

Forum Member

I honestly don't know for certain. I have one job that closed down and I never had a direct manager, so I have no idea how that works.

Forum Member

Same boat with you guys as far as past employment, only thig I'm really worried about. Got fired from a job when I was 16 and had a few jobs where I only worked there for a few weeks, am a union electrician now so hopefully they see past the retail and odd jobs

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    Same boat with you guys as far as past employment, only thig I'm really worried about. Got fired from a job when I was 16 and had a few jobs where I only worked there for a few weeks, am a union electrician now so hopefully they see past the retail and odd jobs
    I would think so.. I'm sure your investigator had to work a few crappy jobs before..

It's life.. ESP in a tough economy today.. Unemployment/multiple jobs/getting laid off.. Etc.

Forum Member

In my opinion, I think you fellas are blowing this out of proportion a bit. Obviously the investigators have to take into account of the turnover at some of jobs you're going to list. For 6019, I listed 2 jobs that I knew my managers/bosses weren't going to be there. I would say you'll be fine unless you got locked up at the job for stealing or beating up your boss lol.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post

I'm surprised to hear they went back beyond 5 years.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    In my opinion, I think you fellas are blowing this out of proportion a bit. Obviously the investigators have to take into account of the turnover at some of jobs you're going to list. For 6019, I listed 2 jobs that I knew my managers/bosses weren't going to be there. I would say you'll be fine unless you got locked up at the job for stealing or beating up your boss lol.
    I hear you.. Obviously they know the turn around rate/ bosses or co workers moving on etc..

I'm just super paranoid because this is my only shot due to my age..I just want to prepare for anything that can go wrong.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    I hear you.. Obviously they know the turn around rate/ bosses or co workers moving on etc..

I'm just super paranoid because this is my only shot due to my age..I just want to prepare for anything that can go wrong.
    Me too - sucks being old men in this game. I stopped working for my previous employer once 6019 got jammed up so I'm actually kinda interested to see what he writes on that report. Like I said though, I wouldn't be too worried about it unless you had some legal issues at your old job(s).

Forum Member

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1364441

What kind of settlement do you guys think there looking for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Yeah I hear you bro, I just tend to over think things, especially when it comes to this hiring process lol
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post

An unlimited amount of bowties for their Prez?
    River6019 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post

They actually drew a conservative judge thank God. I really hope the city fights them on every last thing they want.
    List # 12XX

Thread Information