Like Tree11288Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1364441

What kind of settlement do you guys think there looking for?
    :shrug: .......

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    :shrug: .......
    I'm just asking just to confirm that this wouldn't affect us right?

Forum Member

I'm just asking just to confirm that this wouldn't affect us right?
    I don't think it will affect anything for this class, but you never know.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I don't think it will affect anything for this class, but you never know.
    Yeah - when I hear the word "settle" I think of $$$ damages so I doubt it ends up affecting classes. Although I've been surprised before.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Yes, me too !!!! I'm using your list number as a reference if you get called by the fourth class ... Then I have a chance so lets hope you get call sooner than expected !!!
    List your range in the sig if you don't mind. This way when we all discuss possibilities, we can compare. I was gonna ask you your score but figure I asked you already.

4th class would be awesome. Hope many classes total again, 8?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

On exam 2000 any where from 8-10 classes not counting the class that just graduated

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by apples&oranges View Post
    On exam 2000 any where from 8-10 classes not counting the class that just graduated

Awesome, thanks for reminding me.

On a side note, check out the newest merit matters article, I didn't realize a new one came out because I don't always receive the emails.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

What's up guys? First off I want to say congratulations to everyone who passed 2000 and especially to those who are on their way into the next academy class. I've been following this board for a while and have picked up a lot of information. Thank you guys for sharing your knowledge with everyone else and helping any way you can.
    Im 20 years old right now sitting at late 700 range so I'm hoping for the January or July 14' class. One question I have for you guys is whether or not there is a minimum weight requirement to get on the job. I know that the height/weight chart shows the upper limit and your 20% and 35%, but it does not state anything about a minimum weight. I was just curious because I have a smaller frame and cannot gain weight for my life. I'm around 5'8 or so and pushing 140. People always say I need to gain weight if I want to get on the job and I have been trying, but no luck. I would hate to get rejected the job over something so miniscule, especially after I paid all that money for Lasik surgery. So if anyone has any insight on a minimum requirement it would be much appreciated. Thanks again in advance and good luck to everyone.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedAmbition View Post
    What's up guys? First off I want to say congratulations to everyone who passed 2000 and especially to those who are on their way into the next academy class. I've been following this board for a while and have picked up a lot of information. Thank you guys for sharing your knowledge with everyone else and helping any way you can.
    Im 20 years old right now sitting at late 700 range so I'm hoping for the January or July 14' class. One question I have for you guys is whether or not there is a minimum weight requirement to get on the job. I know that the height/weight chart shows the upper limit and your 20% and 35%, but it does not state anything about a minimum weight. I was just curious because I have a smaller frame and cannot gain weight for my life. I'm around 5'8 or so and pushing 140. People always say I need to gain weight if I want to get on the job and I have been trying, but no luck. I would hate to get rejected the job over something so miniscule, especially after I paid all that money for Lasik surgery. So if anyone has any insight on a minimum requirement it would be much appreciated. Thanks again in advance and good luck to everyone.
    Well I don't think you need lasik any more but if not it's still a good investment. I think gaining weight should not be a concern, just keep up your endurance and make sure you are strong enough climb stairs and pull a dummy.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 06-06-2013 at 03:34 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Well I don't think you need lasik any more but if not it's still a good investment.
    I got the Lasik surgery for the job because my vision was 20/200. Even if I don't get the job I'll be glad I got the surgery. It was well worth it and I see better than ever.

Forum Member

I tried to go to NYSC today to sign up; to start doing the stairmill. I was under the impression by the guys on this forum that you get a discounted rate while you are on the list and in training. But the sales persons there seemed some what confused about my situation.

Maybe someone can give me a heads up here

Forum Member

I tried to go to NYSC today to sign up; to start doing the stairmill. I was under the impression by the guys on this forum that you get a discounted rate while you are on the list and in training. But the sales persons there seemed some what confused about my situation.

there was a window for that offer, it wasn't open for ever. Pretty sure you needed to sign up within a month of when we were going for our first orientation at the rock.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    An unlimited amount of bowties for their Prez?

Don't knock the bowtie bro, or as I prefer to call them, browtie.

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    They actually drew a conservative judge thank God. I really hope the city fights them on every last thing they want.
    This is such a silly line of thinking. You do recall that it was President Bush's DOJ that initiated the whole thing way back in like 2007, right? Garaufis may be a New York liberal, however that doesn't actually have that much impact on his rulings, in my opinion. If you want a window into his mind read this NYT article: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/08/ny...anted=all&_r=0 it's really illuminating.

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1364441

What kind of settlement do you guys think there looking for?
    The city wants to avoid another costly trial, and probably rein in the influence of the vulcans. The vulcans desperately want to hold onto the outsize power they've gained in this whole process.

Forum Member

Hahaha the browtie?

Also, I understand it was the Bush DOJ who originally jumped at the Vulcans' suit, but it was Obama's DOJ under Thomas Perez (hopefully NOT our next labor secretary) who went running with it big time. I don't necessarily think a conservative judge will do much here, but the liberal side of politics is the birthplace for quotas and disparate impact.

I do agree that this settlement is all about saving time and money on a new trial though. Last thing Bloomy wants is his name or admin being mentioned in a trial that'll probably continue through his mayoral exit.

Forum Member

Any word on that list that was supposed to happen today?

Forum Member

Can you send me a pm? I have a question.

Forum Member

What's up Brooklyn, I'm 58xx on the list. Are you upper or lower 6xxx? Just curious. Could end up in the same class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by profeshffd View Post
    What's up Brooklyn, I'm 58xx on the list. Are you upper or lower 6xxx? Just curious. Could end up in the same class.
    Are you asking me? sorry if you are not. It says in my sig that I am in the 6400's score of 98.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

NYSC sucks, I can't wait for my contract to be over. Went to harbor fitness today and its much better and the same the price.
    I think you are thinking of the last list, I don't think they have a deal with sports club this time. If you have no choice but to go to NYSC then go at the end of the month because the prices are usually better on the last day during their crunch time.
    coldblood92 likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by profeshffd View Post
    57** here buddy

Forum Member

They did have a contract with NYSC for exam 2000, but you needed to show your CPAT orientation card for the Rock as proof.
    coldblood92 likes this.

Forum Member

Quick question... I've seen alot of rappelling/ hanging from ropes from buildings etc.. Is that something they work up to or is it like.. Get over the wall.. See ya.

I'm not a super big fan of heights... I've rappelled in basic training... But that was only 42 feet high...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    List your range in the sig if you don't mind. This way when we all discuss possibilities, we can compare. I was gonna ask you your score but figure I asked you already.

4th class would be awesome. Hope many classes total again, 8?
    Yea I figure 4 years two class a year 8 classes if you go in by the 4 th class I should be getting into the last class hopefully... I did have my range I'm my sig but seem like I was getting ignored lol I wonder if anyone else if that range in the forum

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Quick question... I've seen alot of rappelling/ hanging from ropes from buildings etc.. Is that something they work up to or is it like.. Get over the wall.. See ya.

I'm not a super big fan of heights... I've rappelled in basic training... But that was only 42 feet high...
    go skydiving; heights wont be a problem after that....trust me

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post

Better get cured of that. 7 or 8 floors up an aerial that's almost vertical isn't for people with heights issues.

Thread Information