I just don't do it every day..if its over the wall see ya..or go home.. Guess who's going over wall..me.
At work, we went up in a 105' Ariel lift track machine, 2 of us went up just in case one of us froze. We didn't, but that boom was swinging back and forth, it was sketchy to say the least. I think you'll be fine, since you've done repelling before.
I've thought about it. My reasoning is that no one actually enjoys heights, but you do what you have to do. Makes sense to me now, we'll see for real when the time comes haha.
Dannypanigale - are you thinking a list number in the 6XXX range has a possibility of going in the 4th class??
I'm early 3XXX and I'm worried about when/if I'll get a call
The list came out last september, correct?
It's no joke though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLPZR-JDSfU (action really starts at 3:30)
What has the ratio been in the past for OC? Can anyone confirm if they did or did not ask for summons records for this exam?
That was awesome.
Guys, don't get hung up on heights. Very few people I know are completely comfortable at the top of an aerial or looking over a 7 story parapet, myself included. But I will say it's much different knowing you have a job to do as opposed to just standing there looking down. You'll be ok as long as you don't think too much into it. At the Rock, you are COMPLETELY safe and tied off to a belay line that will catch you if you do fall during your rope evolutions. So don't sweat it.
I had my medical yesterday. Everything went well except the stepmill. I went over by 2 on the warm up section. So, I signed up to go back today and take again. Today, I was under the threshold on the 3 minute warm up by 30. I also made it under on the 5:12 with the vest, by 4 beats. Go figure. Doctor made a comment that I must have been pretty nervous yesterday. So, I guess those nerves can get you.
Some tidbits we were told:
- This was the last group to get medicaled for this round of hiring.
- Next round of medicals would likely start around September. At this time, there is a January class planned and the plan is still to hire 2 classes per year.
- Advised us to get rid of any social media, as the department is really cracking down if something stupid gets posted.
- Classes will be 26 weeks. That was a first. Has anyone else heard that?
- It's helpful if you bring along any documents you might have to show to the nurse and to the doctor, relating to anything major. It makes things go smoothly and makes the doctor happy.
- Keep on working with the stepmill after you pass, along with running.
- If you haven't heard from your investigator don't worry. No news is good news. You'll hear from them when they need you or when you are scheduled for a section of the hiring process.
Hey great job. What range is your list number? Also for the next round of medicals, I am assuming this is the rest of PHS, EMS, and the rest of OC up to 733 or whatever they reached out to? Did they mention when the next set of interviewes would be? List number 16xx
Thank you for this information. Perfectly organized and INCREDIBLY helpful. Very much appreciated.
26 weeks? If I recall correctly this last class was only 18 weeks. MM is that correct? If that is true, we got a LONG road ahead of us brothers haha. Can't wait though! It's looking like January for myself with a list number in early 400's. More time to train!
from what I heard since all the people in the first class are EMT they did not have to take some kind of course that everyone else would have to take. I believe it had to do with some type of medical training.
2. Hahahaha I heard this and mentioned here that I heard a rumor that it was going to be longer, but nobody wanted to believe that. Literally half a year, that's insane. Hope you guys like the change of seasons.