Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 445 of 1020 FirstFirst ... 345395435442443444445446447448455495545945 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,900 of 20383
Like Tree7739Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Yo lets chat about the 300 more packets going out...who what when where?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by marc3071 View Post
    What are the facts cause he hit it right on the head!!
    I have already addressed it. And I addressed you immediately after you saying he was right on point. Read back a few posts.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I am the last person to stir crap up and debate the PH situation on here. And I agree with a lot of what you say. However you a very much wrong about one thing. There were indeed candidates who did not get hired off of those old exams that are literally named in the suit. They took part in it. I forget their names, but it shouldn't be tough to find. I just need to clear that up for you man.
    Even if...the vulcans would have started this sh*t regardless. Main point is that most of us are sick of reading the same crap. Im done

One last thing though..is that the Vulcans were the initiators of this mess. And the judge was the ruler. My beef would be with them and not with the PH's whom they most definetely inspired. And certainly not with any PH on this forum. And that there are other means of addressing the issue than thia forum. Thats all, and im really done.

Forum Member

can someone comment on the extra 300 packets going out? Because that would mean I need to turn my training into over drive. NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    can someone comment on the extra 300 packets going out? Because that would mean I need to turn my training into over drive. NOW!
    I think all we have to go on is that one thread from hopeful.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2000 View Post
    Its all about perception. To add to it, Joe Cassano really hit us with a low blow. In one tweet neither his sister(a teacher) or her principal had a problem with him referring to her 5th grade students as "schwoogs". Im not saying they learned this from daddy but one does wonder. It just looks really bad.
    I appreciate your tone but we are not Joe Cassano and should not allow our written or vocal disapproval of our rights being trampled to be equated with Racism or negativity. Its our opposition who are the racist ones. I don't really mean to go on and on but had to address your post because it was a good point and some people who are more ignorant to the whole case might think what you described.

Spider neck your last paragraph about me made no sense. I never said racism doesn't exist at all, I see and hear racism often. The HIRING PROCESS in the FDNY however is not racist. You can NOT point to any thing I said that is "Racist".
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 03-24-2013 at 01:05 AM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I appreciate your tone but we are not Joe Cassano and should not allow our written or vocal disapproval of our rights being trampled to be equated with Racism or negativity. Its our opposition who are the racist ones. I don't really mean to go on and on but had to address your post because it was a good point and some people who are more ignorant to the whole case might think what you described.

Spider neck your last paragraph about me made no sense. I never said racism doesn't exist at all, I see and hear racism often. The HIRING PROCESS in the FDNY however is not racist. You can NOT point to any thing I said that is "Racist".
    WRONG. The hiring process is NOW racist.
    LongCut and FDsouthbxNY like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Kids bad jokes* who knows if this will influence the court decision due to public pressure. What an idiot. Its not even funny. I think they should let coombs give him like 100 charlie horses in a row and call it even.

He resigned which is good but still it makes it seem like there really is racism when we all know there is not. What a moron. You have to go out of your way to be that stupid.
    My last paragrapgh about you DOES makes sense in light of your above and blatant statement of denial. You didnt specify any racism that u have ever seen or experienced nor did you specify "where" exactly it was (At fdny? Among his family? Among his his friends? Where??) that Cassanos son only makes it "seem like there really is racism". All you basically said was this is bad because "we all know there is not (any racism)".

Thats a flat out denial that there is any racism within the department whatsoever. And only certain kinds of people try to go that far.

(Remember, racism WITHIN the department does not equal that the department IS racist.)

Like Teufelhunden said, Yes, there are many racist guys in the department, but they remain hidden because the majority simply wont have it. And neither will the department itself.

Those are the kinda statements and actions that are executed by those whose hearts are clean and who can discern the evil and be truthful about it. But those who seek to deny that the evil even exist do so only becuz of the evil which is within their own hearts. In this case, the evil is racism. I can only discern your condition by reading thru your post. I cant point to any specific racist comments that you have made on this forum.. But i bet God, your friends and you yourself can.

Forum Member

This thread keeps taking weirder and weirder turns. Everybody grab a beer and chill out.

Forum Member

so how many people here have received letters for either the medical or psych? Seems like only a handful have
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    This thread keeps taking weirder and weirder turns. Everybody grab a beer and chill out.
    This thread got so weird I had leave and go on vacation. Running in 85 degree weather is definitely better than 35 degree weather. If another 300 packets go out I would have just missed the cut. Damn my parents for not giving birth to me a few days earlier, damn this social security number.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    This thread got so weird I had leave and go on vacation. Running in 85 degree weather is definitely better than 35 degree weather. If another 300 packets go out I would have just missed the cut. Damn my parents for not giving birth to me a few days earlier, damn this social security number.
    Funny you say that, cause I prefer the 35 degree weather. Ran for fun yesterday in just shorts/tshirt, it was fantastic.
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Forum Member

I wouldn't put too much stock in this rumor of 300 more packets. To be honest, chiefs at HQ are often just as in the dark as anyone else. Remember, DCAS does the administering of the list. The fire department requests the ability to hire from city hall and then DCAS provides them with a number of candidates to begin to investigate. While I'm sure they could request more, it's getting a little late for July.

That said, if you'd be in that next round of 300, you should have been working out already. You're less than a year away so get moving!

Forum Member

Ph this, racism that, the court this and that blah blah certain people gotta stfu and focus on your game instead of talking about what that you can not change or have no control over, this is a great ****ing opportunity to change your life I mean comeon we're all trying to get in to one of the best fire departments in the world..not just any fire department, the new York city fire department. Yes I understand certain people may feel like the whole process was unfair but there's nothing you can do now but train your *** off at the gym and focus on your physique not just for the cost but for the academy itself. Lets go guys..its crunch time baby..go hard or go the **** home.
    letssee likes this.

Forum Member

*train your *** off at the gym not just for the cpat but for the academy itself..

Forum Member

Just for all you dopes that like to write stupid **** on your twitter and Facebook....be very careful read todays post another racist idiot from EMS bringing down this whole department. if you don't like a certain group of people this is the wrong job for you just move on now if you are.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    I wouldn't put too much stock in this rumor of 300 more packets. To be honest, chiefs at HQ are often just as in the dark as anyone else. Remember, DCAS does the administering of the list. The fire department requests the ability to hire from city hall and then DCAS provides them with a number of candidates to begin to investigate. While I'm sure they could request more, it's getting a little late for July.

That said, if you'd be in that next round of 300, you should have been working out already. You're less than a year away so get moving!
    a year, even 6 months is a huge amount of time to get in shape for pretty much anything that "normal" people do. By normal i mean anyone who is not an elite athlete

Forum Member

This will lead to the FDNY checking social media as a part of the background investigation. I could care less if they check mine, they will be bored seeing pictures of my kids, and fancy cars that I dream about. But to the rest of the clowns posting drunk pics, and other and silly comments about race, or even politics for that matter, better delete their accounts.....
    As a matter of fact, don't delete it cause FDNY nor does the city want you serving them.
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 03-24-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nev7248 View Post
    Just for all you dopes that like to write stupid **** on your twitter and Facebook....be very careful read todays post another racist idiot from EMS bringing down this whole department. if you don't like a certain group of people this is the wrong job for you just move on now if you are.
    Im so with u man. This sh*t is ridiculous.

Thread Information