Like Tree9519Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Bro.. I'm in the same range as you.. Same score. We might be in the same class.
    That would be awesome maybe we'll be going over the wall right after each other.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 99
    List #: 4XXX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan View Post
    from what I heard since all the people in the first class are EMT they did not have to take some kind of course that everyone else would have to take. I believe it had to do with some type of medical training.
    Certified First Responder training. I imagine all future classes will resume getting full CFR training per NYS-DOH standards. Since everyone in 01-13 was already certified above that level they were able to just have us do a recertification class down to CFR, which we were able to do in 5 days. Doing the full deal will not add 2 months. I think you guys are going to be doing a lot more PT and a lot more evolutions.

Forum Member

I heard some idiot went on tweeteror what ever and started bragging about all he does is sleep on the job and get paid...yea some ppl need not to have social media ...Smfh

Forum Member

Wouldn't that put the July class all the way into January though? So, they would have two classes there at the same time, or two back to back classes with no rest for the instructors between?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingHenrik View Post
    That would be awesome maybe we'll be going over the wall right after each other.
    I'm on an iPhone Tried to PM you but couldn't..don't know if I'm too stupid or what..

Would be nice to link up with someone close to my range..build a rapport early ya know?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Wouldn't that put the July class all the way into January though? So, they would have two classes there at the same time, or two back to back classes with no rest for the instructors between?
    Classes over laped all the time in the past, that's a non issue. Why would the instructors need a "rest"? They aren't the ones pushing a 2 1/2 into a taxpayer and they get weekends off.

Forum Member

Does being a NYS EMT have any impact on the hiring process from the OC list? I wouldn't think it would, but just inquiring

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    Does being a NYS EMT have any impact on the hiring process from the OC list? I wouldn't think it would, but just inquiring
    None at all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Takethedoor174 View Post
    Classes over laped all the time in the past, that's a non issue. Why would the instructors need a "rest"? They aren't the ones pushing a 2 1/2 into a taxpayer and they get weekends off.
    I thought someone said a while back in this thread that there wasn't enough room at the rock to accommodate two classes at the same time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    1 A guy from my class is learning all about that right now, but I'll let one of the other guys OTJ tell that story.
    Flexin' mirror pics on Instagram in bunker gear? haha
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Just curious is there anyway I can get my hands on the probie book. Please PM me with info thanks guys.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Yea, it would mean the Jan class wouldn't start until the last week of January unless like Takethedoor174 mentioned they do have 2 classes overlapping. I'm pretty sure when they did this in the past it was when the current class was at the very end, maybe like a week or 2 left until they graduate.

I thought I remembered reading (and definitely remember hearing guys say) that 26 weeks was way too much time, like the instructors ran out of job related stuff for the probies to practice. They'd do PT/run, and then just try and find stuff for them to do around the academy.

Forum Member

The classes can overlap if they time the logistics correctly insofar as when one class turns in their training gear and when the other gets it, etc. etc. But you guys don't have to worry about that stuff. Just wait and see what happens.

Forum Member

If the class is supposed to be 26 weeks because the people on the OC do not have the CFR training, what will happen to the rest of the EMS guys? Sit around and watch?

Forum Member

I spoke to someone that is in HQ's yesterday, and he said he doubts it will happen. He also said stop worrying about things we can't control, and just go with it, the reward at the end is worth any length of time and the academy.

Forum Member

The classes can overlap if they time the logistics correctly insofar as when one class turns in their training gear and when the other gets it, etc. etc. But you guys don't have to worry about that stuff. Just wait and see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I spoke to someone that is in HQ's yesterday, and he said he doubts it will happen. He also said stop worrying about things we can't control, and just go with it, the reward at the end is worth any length of time and the academy.
    I agree. I'll believe it when I see it. We see so many (sometimes wild) rumors you really can't hang on every one of them. And if it's 26 weeks instead of 18 so what? We're still gonna take the job anyway.

Forum Member

The academy was 18 weeks long once, 6 years ago. They did a full CFR-D cert. for that class. I would assume that they'll do the same thing again.

Look, does it really matter? If you get in, you get in and you'll stay there as long as it takes.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    Takes a toll on your mind, too. There were two or three classes that did the 26 weeks and it does suck. But it's worth it. I wonder why they'd go back to it after doing the 18 weeks for one class. Maybe it's to give the PH's the square kick in the pants they deserve. Hopefully it gets a few of them out. If they didn't have what it takes to study for a written test, they won't make it through 26 weeks of misery.
    Maybe the PH's will have wake up calls and shuttle busses to make sure their alarm clocks don't discriminate against them.
    vekdoggs75 and FdnytolifeE293 like this.

Forum Member

I'm sure they will.

I highly doubt there will be any overlap or 26 week academy. I wouldn't take stock in either of those rumors. Longest was 23 weeks and it was a waste according to all those involved.

Just can't wait for this class to go in so I can get my paperwork.
    Exam 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 9xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Maybe the PH's will have wake up calls and shuttle busses to make sure their alarm clocks don't discriminate against them.
    Assuming the senior drill instructor is the same I can assure you there will be no coddling.
    FdnytolifeE293 likes this.

Forum Member

Looks like I just missed the cut for this upcoming class. Kind of upsetting, but just means more time to prepare and be in the best shape I could possibly be in. Good Luck to those going in July and looking forward to beginning this great journey with some of you in January.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 104
    List: 2XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dawk34 View Post
    Looks like I just missed the cut for this upcoming class. Kind of upsetting, but just means more time to prepare and be in the best shape I could possibly be in. Good Luck to those going in July and looking forward to beginning this great journey with some of you in January.
    I wouldn't count on anything just yet. Along with all the info the gentlemen gave us at BHS on Thursday, they added that nothing is for certain as of yet and they are not sure how exactly things are going to play out.

To add, we were given an approximate number of people they have put through the medical for this class: 680. It was stated that the pass rate was approximately 60%.

The information I posted before was given to myself and several other candidates, the end of the medical, by two members of the BHS staff.

However, it does seem the people are getting a variety of information from people at HQ and it seems to be a little different each time!
    Last edited by Minerva; 06-08-2013 at 03:28 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Assuming the senior drill instructor is the same I can assure you there will be no coddling.
    There's only so much he can do. I can tell you right now that if the staff at the Rock are told to make sure certain people get through, those people are getting through, no matter what happens. The class from 6019 had someone who never did complete FST; they removed obstacles that person was unable to negotiate so they could pass that person. That person also happened to be a squad leader and ended up going to a 15th Division engine company. The job is now under scrutiny from all sides. Have no doubt that every PH who doesn't quit on his own is definitely going out to the field. They WILL NOT be weeded out by the DI's because the chiefs and Commissioner won't allow them to. And also have no doubt that they WILL NOT be leaned on as hard as the rest of you. So at least with the 26 weeks they'd have to endure it a bit longer.

Forum Member

Whats up bigGriff? I just sent you a PM. Get back at me if you can
    Test:2000
    Score:98 (no extra points)
    List#: 58xx

Forum Member

Just did.....

Thread Information