Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 448 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 348398438445446447448449450451458498548948 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,960 of 23410
Like Tree9175Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jocon31 View Post
    Was curious about the residency credits. Started my job back in 2004, but never updated my w-2 forms to the new address. Wasn't a problem as i was living with my aunt, and she still lives there. Even though my old address was a city address, would that be sufficient enough for the credits.
    What? If I recall right you need 3 different proofs of residency for each month out of the year period that they specified. Do you have 3 different things with the same city address for that year? If not, you're going to have to get creative in finding proof.

Forum Member

I have bank statements, and phone bills for my current address, you're right about trying to get creative. 33 years old, have never lived outside of nyc, and one document will screw it up.
    Test 2000
    Score:98
    List# 5XXX

Forum Member

Hey guys, question here.

So i'm going to CPAT orientation tomorrow in long island city at 10 am. It says on the paper that we need to bring a lock for lockers and wear gym clothes. So are we doing a practice CPAT run tomorrow?

What should I expect to do tomorrow?
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

accidental double post.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    accidental double post.
    They have lockers there for you to put any personal belongings. If you'd like to lock the locker you need to bring your own lock. Not a big deal tomorrow (you're just doing a walk through), but something you may want to consider when you go and do the actual test.
    infolet333 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    Hey guys, question here.

So i'm going to CPAT orientation tomorrow in long island city at 10 am. It says on the paper that we need to bring a lock for lockers and wear gym clothes. So are we doing a practice CPAT run tomorrow?

What should I expect to do tomorrow?
    Mine is at 8am, I guess they have another at 10.

Forum Member

How do I turn my pm on

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Depan shoot me a PM so I can reply, I don't think your PM's are on.
    How to I do that

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Depan395 View Post
    How to I do that
    Go to settings on top of page, then to general settings, scroll down and you will see it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Depan395 View Post
    How to I do that
    That was so long ago I don't even remember what I wanted to tell you, sorry.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    You are commenting FAR ABOVE your pay grade. The PH's did the wrong thing BY NOT GETTING A GOOD MARK IN THE FIRST PLACE. That's how they started this mess. It isn't "bitching" to call these guys out for what they are; it's how we make sure they understand what they're facing and what's expected of them. And that kind of brutal, blunt honesty is how EVERY SINGLE MEMBER of this Department gets treated, black, white, Asian, male, female etc. The job is not asking you to join; you're asking to be a part of it and that's how we do things. If you don't like it, TOUGH SH*T.

There's a pecking order on this job, and you are currently at the very absolute bottom of it. In fact, you're not even on it yet. You would do well to remember that when and if you make it out to a firehouse because a tirade like that is enough to have every senior guy in the house looking to make your life miserable.
    The point of the point of the post was to not use this forum as a bitching ground. U can call out and address any issue u want, just stop wasting our time. Lots of us are tired of the anti-PH tirade u guys always throw around, changing the atmosphere of the f*cking forum. We cant even get answers to decent questions without you or some other high head jumping saying dumb sh*t every single time u get a chance. It was funny for awhile but now its old. Do it the right way or stfu.

Question: Why are you such a bigger dick than any other otj poster on this forum. Why are FDsouthbronx and ffbam so muh more professional than u are. Just wondering. Jist wondering if u really represent the department or are u just a d*ck.

And i dont know where youre from but fyi...in the U.S.A, we dont need a specific paygrade to voice an goddamn opinion. I got nothing to say about the FD or the firehouse. But i can voice my opinion on the something posted on a public forum. Im done and will not argue with you about this stupid sh*t, even though i know u would love it. Go ahead and make ur usual tough guy response, ill save my forum post for more important sh*t.

Sorry for wasting this space guys. Good luck to all of you.

Forum Member

Just got back from CPAT orientation, and just some pointers for those that couldn't make it, and wondereing about the test. There is metered parking under the train station, but you have get there early or you will have to wait till someone leaves. The machine takes credit cards and cash.....
    As far as the test itself, there are two lines on the floor for the course. Follow the BLUE line when going to the next obstacle on the test. Follow the RED line when you're actually doing the obstacle, and these lines will be numbered, just might get confusing for those that didn't see it.
    Also they said that there are three obstacles that have the highest failure rate. Two being the stair mill, and the dummy drag, for obvious reasons, tired legs. But the third is the ladder raise. He said that people get tangled in the rope because either they are tired or not concentrating. He gave a tip, and you can use it or do it your own way, whatever works for you. He said to look at the rope and your hands, not the actual ladder being raised up top. People get fixated on the ladder, and the rope slips or gets tangled.
    Hope these things help, and good luck to all taking the exam. He says they are booked for mid to late April, thru May 19 for exams.
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 03-26-2013 at 12:19 PM.

Forum Member

Has anyone in the 200 range that had they're intake interview 2 weeks ago received info about psych or med yet. I called my investigator last week and was told I had all necessary paperwork. Just a little paranoid I guess

Forum Member

I had my phys today guys. Make sure you are aware of your work history criminal background and moving violations. They are asking for this information. Also, there is 567 questions and most of them are weird. One question ask, do you believe a man should only be the head of tbe houshold, and several sexually questions. It test is all true or false.

Forum Member

How about the one "are you afraid of fire?" LOL
    Tricky SOB's....
    BrooklynBorn and NycQ83 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    I had my phys today guys. Make sure you are aware of your work history criminal background and moving violations. They are asking for this information. Also, there is 567 questions and most of them are weird. One question ask, do you believe a man should only be the head of tbe houshold, and several sexually questions. It test is all true or false.
    Thanks for the info. Yeah, I gotta imagine its similar to the NYPD psyc test I took where they ask you about 8 different times if you hear voices and think about killing yourself haha.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Lol, if you answer yes to that I am sure they are going to dq u.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Question: Why are you such a bigger dick than any other otj poster on this forum. Why are FDsouthbronx and ffbam so muh more professional than u are. Just wondering. Jist wondering if u really represent the department or are u just a d*ck.

And i dont know where youre from but fyi...in the U.S.A, we dont need a specific paygrade to voice an goddamn opinion. I got nothing to say about the FD or the firehouse. But i can voice my opinion on the something posted on a public forum. Im done and will not argue with you about this stupid sh*t, even though i know u would love it. Go ahead and make ur usual tough guy response, ill save my forum post for more important sh*t.

Sorry for wasting this space guys. Good luck to all of you.
    Stop. Just stop. This is a battle you can not win.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Lol, if you answer yes to that I am sure they are going to dq u.
    I'm not afraid of fire, I respect it.

Forum Member

Another tip for the guys who have to take the CPAT test if you know that you're going to have trouble on it. You're allowed to hold onto the railing until the test starts, after that you are allowed to grab the railing 1 ( cant remember if its 2 times and on the 3rd the dq you) time for a brief moment to stabilize yourself. Remember if you fall off you are automatically dq'd so if you think you're about to fall grab that railing. Also what I've done since i have big feet i always made sure that I had the toe of my foot pressed hard against the back of the stair. Because my foot already hang off quite a bit. I guess if y'all have anymore questions about it i've taken the CPAT 3 times now.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Thread Information