Like Tree9853Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #11201
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Yea unless you have some touring type moto it's not gonna work out. There's a lot you have to carry back and forth.

  2. #11202
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Calm down, relax, breath. There are somethings I say that you guys can attack me for, but this, come on. Yeah, I get it, this situation is fu---- up, but don't become another TEL poster. If you do, don't attack me for trivial things like this.
    I mean, he's got a point. I know for damn sure with my commute I'll be up at 4am every morning. Everyone has their own agenda in their personal life but if it were me I would sell your motorcycle and buy some run down beater that will get you from point A to point B. Then when the academy is over purchase another motorcycle with your "WELL DESERVED" top pay. I can't see how that is even an issue or a concern to you. I guess some people don't want it as bad as others....


    As for the other PH, you better pray that no one can connect you with this forum because if word gets out that it was you with that attitude you will never live it down in the FH. I hear that the brilliant probie who tweeted about sleeping for 8 hours and getting paid for it had his tweet online for only 12 minutes before he deleted it, yet we ALL know about it. That's how easy things travel in this department. Best of luck hoping no one connects the dots guy.
    NycQ83 likes this.

  3. #11203
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20

    Default

    FDNYGUY28 check your pm's

  4. #11204
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    I hope that is not the case with the amount of gear we have to commute with. I will no longer have access too my vehicle since my wife will take on the responsibility of taking and picking up the kids from school. So, I will have no choice but to utilize the motorcycle because I refuse to wake up at 3-4 am every day to get to work.
    If you're on the early schedule you likely will be getting up around 4-430 to get there on time. And that's with a set of wheels or a carpool. You will be on the early schedule some of the time. You do not bring the bunker gear home and back to work every day, though the bag you have to bring is not exactly light either.


    To everyone else: I grow tired of reading constant trash talking of the PH guys. I grow even more tired of when they talk back, because why wouldn't they (you'd get ****ed and talk back too), and then a bunch of people jump on them for having the audacity to fight back against your **** talking.

    Give it a rest already. I'm so tired of scrolling through pages of bickering.
    NycQ83 likes this.

  5. #11205
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    I mean, he's got a point. I know for damn sure with my commute I'll be up at 4am every morning. Everyone has their own agenda in their personal life but if it were me I would sell your motorcycle and buy some run down beater that will get you from point A to point B. Then when the academy is over purchase another motorcycle with your "WELL DESERVED" top pay. I can't see how that is even an issue or a concern to you. I guess some people don't want it as bad as others....


    As for the other PH, you better pray that no one can connect you with this forum because if word gets out that it was you with that attitude you will never live it down in the FH. I hear that the brilliant probie who tweeted about sleeping for 8 hours and getting paid for it had his tweet online for only 12 minutes before he deleted it, yet we ALL know about it. That's how easy things travel in this department. Best of luck hoping no one connects the dots guy.
    Yeah, he is right but I am just expressing my preferences, and using the terms hope and wish, etc. Nothing that one should get offended by or make assumptions of; such as, I really don't want the job or I don't take into consideration too those who do want it, etc. My preferences have absolutely nothing to do with what I am willing to do to make it to the ROCK on time, etc. Whatever my situation may be, I will be there, just as everyone else. I believe you guys dig to deep or over think my comments

  6. #11206
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    If you're on the early schedule you likely will be getting up around 4-430 to get there on time. And that's with a set of wheels or a carpool. You will be on the early schedule some of the time. You do not bring the bunker gear home and back to work every day, though the bag you have to bring is not exactly light either.


    To everyone else: I grow tired of reading constant trash talking of the PH guys. I grow even more tired of when they talk back, because why wouldn't they (you'd get ****ed and talk back too), and then a bunch of people jump on them for having the audacity to fight back against your **** talking.

    Give it a rest already. I'm so tired of scrolling through pages of bickering.
    Okay, thanks, I guess I have no choice but to get up that early anyway.

  7. #11207
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    677

    Default

    I think I'd rather have the early shift, the thought of getting stuck in traffic is terrifying. The earlier, the better.....

  8. #11208
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Okay, thanks, I guess I have no choice but to get up that early anyway.
    I think the more general point I want to make is don't make assumptions about the academy except this: It is going to rule your life for the entire time. You will get acclimated to it and better able to manage your time outside of work, however it is still going to force you to put most things on hold. Just suck it up and roll with it. If you have to get up at 430 to be there on time then so be it.


    edit: You will switch between early and late periodically.

  9. #11209
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I think the more general point I want to make is don't make assumptions about the academy except this: It is going to rule your life for the entire time. You will get acclimated to it and better able to manage your time outside of work, however it is still going to force you to put most things on hold. Just suck it up and roll with it. If you have to get up at 430 to be there on time then so be it.



    edit: You will switch between early and late periodically.

    I understand, thank you.

  10. #11210
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,112

    Default

    And don't be one of those scumbags that only shows up a half hour early. If they tell you to do homework because your quiz average isn't great then do it, it's for your own good. If you need to go to remedial PT it's not the end of the world, but go, don't skip out on it with the attitude of "I'm going to get out of here anyways, so why kill myself?" If one of the hands on teams says you need some remedial work on something then ****ing go to it at least once. The hands on guys are there because at the end of the academy they go back in the field and have to work with you. They don't want morons going to the field. I can say with a whole like 3 weeks behind me that the biggest thing I understand now is that the academy is the most time you will consistently spend on air practicing for the real thing. You have to be ready to do it for real when graduation day comes.

  11. #11211
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    Ok thanks... When I am in the academy come July I will pm you some of my work so you can spell check it for me while you wait for them to call you. You have nothing better to say so you look for things to pick at. No English is not my first language I speak it well sorry if my grammar is not up to your standard.

    Ps. Just a FYI all Ph will be getting paid top pay the start of the academy not After the academy. That's somthing else you guys can hate on.
    Good for you bro your gonna make a lot of dough on the backs of others I like how your so cavalier about it. You really are a hero hahaha jk ur a bottom feeder I hope u never get paid a dollar from the city of New York

  12. #11212
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arbrnrgr View Post
    Boy I have to tell you, I haven't been more disgusted with this thread than I am right now. This is specicifically for these two morons boasting about the entire ph situation. I hope you guys realize there are guys I know personally on this thread who joined a branch of the armed forces and ended up going and fighting for this country for the SOLE purpose of receiving 5 extra points on the firefighter exam because their only dream/goal in life was to become a NYC Firefighter, these guys are now in position to get hired and will eventually be hired. These guys EARNED their way on, you guys did earn jack. One other thing, you guys seem to have a sense of pride about being a PH, you come on an internet forum boasting about top pay and how you have priority when it comes to hiring over everybody else, I just have one thing to say to you, I hope you have that same pride about being a PH when you walk through that firehouse door for the first time. You come on an internet forum acting like a hot shot but I can guarantee you won't be bragging about it in the kitchen.
    I'm one of them guys. Not being from NYC its dam near impossible to get hired. I had to take some steps to get there and dam near lost my life doing it, but it's well worth it. Proud to done what I've done and after I finally get OTJ I'll be even prouder cuz I worked for it.
    mocon337 likes this.

  13. #11213
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    65

    Default

    How do they go about selecting squad leaders? MM can u help on this please.

  14. #11214
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fftank21 View Post
    How do they go about selecting squad leaders? MM can u help on this please.
    Veterans, at least to start with.

  15. #11215
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    If you're on the early schedule you likely will be getting up around 4-430 to get there on time. And that's with a set of wheels or a carpool. You will be on the early schedule some of the time. You do not bring the bunker gear home and back to work every day, though the bag you have to bring is not exactly light either.


    To everyone else: I grow tired of reading constant trash talking of the PH guys. I grow even more tired of when they talk back, because why wouldn't they (you'd get ****ed and talk back too), and then a bunch of people jump on them for having the audacity to fight back against your **** talking.

    Give it a rest already. I'm so tired of scrolling through pages of bickering.
    What are you on, your eighth tour in the firehouse? You haven't even been out of the Academy a month; concentrate on staying alive for one more tour and quit checking this forum. You have no place telling anyone anything. Let us guys with time on make the decisions; you have nothing to say. PHs have no business anywhere near this job or forum; that you're defending them after what you just went through to get on this job is giving us a measure of what kind of guy you're gonna be. And it ain't a good one. Get in the sink and STFU.
    Last edited by teufelhunden36; 06-11-2013 at 11:06 AM.
    FdnytolifeE293 likes this.

  16. #11216
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    I've said this once before: the two PH clowns are getting a kick out of breaking your *****. Stop answering them, and definitely stop offering training advice. The City is going to make sure they get everything they need to pass; don't make this whole thing worse by treating them like they belong.

    And for the two clowns in question who seem so smug about money and seniority, chew on this. EVERY proby starts in the sink and at the bottom. You'll be no different and I promise you, we're waiting for just one tiny little slip up before we destroy you. Because some lefty judge told you you'll have 10 years seniority for pay, benefits and retirement DOES NOT mean you'll be treated like you actually have 10 years on the job. You have two options: shut up about being a PH, work hard, do the right thing and you'll have a great career. Keep running off at the mouth and make the mistake of thinking you're not the junior men on the job and that you don't have to play the game same as the rest of us did, and you will know misery at work like you've never known. You have EARNED nothing; you're being GIVEN everything. Remember that.
    My1Goal and FdnytolifeE293 like this.

  17. #11217
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    I've said this once before: the two PH clowns are getting a kick out of breaking your *****. Stop answering them, and definitely stop offering training advice. The City is going to make sure they get everything they need to pass; don't make this whole thing worse by treating them like they belong.

    And for the two clowns in question who seem so smug about money and seniority, chew on this. EVERY proby starts in the sink and at the bottom. You'll be no different and I promise you, we're waiting for just one tiny little slip up before we destroy you. Because some lefty judge told you you'll have 10 years seniority for pay, benefits and retirement DOES NOT mean you'll be treated like you actually have 10 years on the job. You have two options: shut up about being a PH, work hard, do the right thing and you'll have a great career. Keep running off at the mouth and make the mistake of thinking you're not the junior men on the job and that you don't have to play the game same as the rest of us did, and you will know misery at work like you've never known. You have EARNED nothing; you're being GIVEN everything. Remember that.
    I am still trying to figure out how my conduct on this forum is provoking negative attention or taking a shot at railing anyone up. Also, repost anything that shows I am boasting about money and seniority. Wait, you can't, as usual you are talking out your a--. Why would anyone come on a job expecting the respect as a veteran when he/she hasn't worked a day on it. Anyway, thanks for the advice, I will take it into consideration. Funny how you are telling poster not to engage with the PH's but then you go an give some solid advice. LOL

  18. #11218
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    If you're on the early schedule you likely will be getting up around 4-430 to get there on time. And that's with a set of wheels or a carpool. You will be on the early schedule some of the time. You do not bring the bunker gear home and back to work every day, though the bag you have to bring is not exactly light either.


    To everyone else: I grow tired of reading constant trash talking of the PH guys. I grow even more tired of when they talk back, because why wouldn't they (you'd get ****ed and talk back too), and then a bunch of people jump on them for having the audacity to fight back against your **** talking.

    Give it a rest already. I'm so tired of scrolling through pages of bickering.
    Not too suprised your defending the PH's considering you come from the backdoor promo list. Cant blame you for taking that route because everyone has the opportunity to do it that way, but when you are on the OC list, competing with tens of thousands of people gives you a real excuse to "grow tired" of people who take spots from you without scoring higher/ or earning the extrapoints the hard way. To be honest I grew tired of ems promos as soon as I heard the first class was exclusive to promos. Thats life though, some people earn it, while some people take advantage of the system. No fault of yours MM, just a fault of the system imho. The PH list is a different animal altogether though. If I was you I would have forgotten about this forum as soon as I stepped onto the rock for my first day. Good luck and be safe.

  19. #11219
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    I am still trying to figure out how my conduct on this forum is provoking negative attention or taking a shot at railing anyone up. Also, repost anything that shows I am boasting about money and seniority. Wait, you can't, as usual you are talking out your a--. Why would anyone come on a job expecting the respect as a veteran when he/she hasn't worked a day on it. Anyway, thanks for the advice, I will take it into consideration. Funny how you are telling poster not to engage with the PH's but then you go an give some solid advice. LOL
    The fact that you are here is provoking negative attention. The forum thread is titled "list 2000". Nobody here really wants to here from someone who is not on the job already, or a part of this list. You are better off seeking advice from candidates who are in the same boat as you and can relate to your situation. Until we are working on the same job, you are someone I am hoping does not get to take one of the very limited spots I have been trying to secure for the past 8 or so yrs.

  20. #11220
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Don't blame MM for being on the promo list. He didnt break any rules or sue the city, he played by the same rules as everyone that took the test. Everyone that's not within reach on this list and really wants to be a ff should apply for ems and serve the city for years just for a chance at the acdemey

  21. #11221
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    The fact that you are here is provoking negative attention. The forum thread is titled "list 2000". Nobody here really wants to here from someone who is not on the job already, or a part of this list. You are better off seeking advice from candidates who are in the same boat as you and can relate to your situation. Until we are working on the same job, you are someone I am hoping does not get to take one of the very limited spots I have been trying to secure for the past 8 or so yrs.
    If you guys don't want PH on the forum why ask question about the ph. Last time i check this is a public forum so all is welcome. Every one talk about how we are going to get treated in the academy but no one up here is in the academy but a handle ful. If that your view about PH don't assume every one in the fh feel the same way.

  22. #11222
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    I've said this once before: the two PH clowns are getting a kick out of breaking your *****. Stop answering them, and definitely stop offering training advice. The City is going to make sure they get everything they need to pass; don't make this whole thing worse by treating them like they belong.

    And for the two clowns in question who seem so smug about money and seniority, chew on this. EVERY proby starts in the sink and at the bottom. You'll be no different and I promise you, we're waiting for just one tiny little slip up before we destroy you. Because some lefty judge told you you'll have 10 years seniority for pay, benefits and retirement DOES NOT mean you'll be treated like you actually have 10 years on the job. You have two options: shut up about being a PH, work hard, do the right thing and you'll have a great career. Keep running off at the mouth and make the mistake of thinking you're not the junior men on the job and that you don't have to play the game same as the rest of us did, and you will know misery at work like you've never known. You have EARNED nothing; you're being GIVEN everything. Remember that.
    This is not about money or seniority. This is about every time a ph write something on this forum someone have something to say. Every time soneone don't agree with your point a view you are ready to bash them. I don't think you are going to last with your attitude. I hope you are not that type of person who will lost their job because of somthing you write or say. At the end of the day it not worth it. Use that hate you have for the ph to work harder to get the job not lose it. Like someone up here said anything can happen we can lose everything even the job with the 2 court ruling. You talk about MM but he on the job already. You are not so why not take your own advice and respect him. I know I was giving a second chance and I don't take it for granted.

  23. #11223
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    Not too suprised your defending the PH's considering you come from the backdoor promo list. Cant blame you for taking that route because everyone has the opportunity to do it that way, but when you are on the OC list, competing with tens of thousands of people gives you a real excuse to "grow tired" of people who take spots from you without scoring higher/ or earning the extrapoints the hard way. To be honest I grew tired of ems promos as soon as I heard the first class was exclusive to promos. Thats life though, some people earn it, while some people take advantage of the system. No fault of yours MM, just a fault of the system imho. The PH list is a different animal altogether though. If I was you I would have forgotten about this forum as soon as I stepped onto the rock for my first day. Good luck and be safe.
    The only "backdoor" to this job is the one the PHs are using. EMS guys spend at least 2 years elbow deep in blood, puke, phlegm and s&*t for crap money before they get promoted. They most definitely earn their promotions. I get that it's frustrating to wait on the OC list after doing well on the tests, but the EMS guys aren't the enemy here. They did their time.

  24. #11224
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    double post....

  25. #11225
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Wow, just WOW!!! Hey gentlemen we are all grown ups here, can we start by using proper english sentences?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 39 users browsing this thread. (10 members and 29 guests)

  1. 40&OUT,
  2. 4040clubBouncer,
  3. DannyD0pe,
  4. EKFCASPER,
  5. Ffs2be,
  6. Gheech,
  7. Matador611,
  8. MuscleHamster,
  9. seagull716

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 04:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register