Like Tree9501Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

On the joinFDNY facebook

UPDATE: The Fire Department will be reaching out to all applicants to register them for our Firefighter Information and Tutorial Sessions. Applicants will be called in the order of their test dates, so that we can get those being tested first into a session. Applicants will be contacted via telephone, and we will register them for a site that is most convenient for them. Given the large number of applicants, folks must be pre-registered to attend a session. The FIT Sessions start on March 5 and will run through the testing period.

I'm still going to the Vulcan one because I want as much prep as possible lol.

Forum Member

i agree the issues that are raised in the merrit matters press release is and should be a definite concern. it is important to remember that this test was made up by a private company. so its psi's reputation on the line if any type of bias were to be found out. as far as it being on numerous locations spread out throughout the month i am curios at how they did come about giving everyone days and times. maybe it was just like an automated lottery

Forum Member

Are you guys sure about no calculators? On the notice of examination it says you can as long as it is not on a phone or capable of word processing.

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by dkjets75 View Post
    Are you guys sure about no calculators? On the notice of examination it says you can as long as it is not on a phone or capable of word processing.
    You are not permitted to enter the test site with cellular phones, beepers, pagers, cameras, portable media players, or other electronic devices. Calculators and electronic devices with an alphabetic keyboard or with word processing or data recording abilities such as planners, organizers, etc. are not permitted. If you are found to be in possession of any of these devices,

that would mean no and also don't bother brining a cell phone or iPod or anything that has to do with electronics. Just making it clear in case someone shows up and they see your phone You will get thrown out for this so be on your toes and don't take chances leave all that shiet at home.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    Read post #870

Thank you.

If they really are cancelling the SI classes, would anyone who attended be able to provide a copy of the materials handed out? The SI classes are really the only ones I could make. If it comes to that I'll put up the $20 for your inconvenience/helping me out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Thank you.

If they really are cancelling the SI classes, would anyone who attended be able to provide a copy of the materials handed out? The SI classes are really the only ones I could make. If it comes to that I'll put up the $20 for your inconvenience/helping me out.
    I would suggest just trying to make it anywhere else or have someone give u a ride there. If you really want this job you will have to do whatever it takes to make it there. If there is a will there is a way. Plus it's a lot of papers to copy trust me its better that you go to one of the dates so that if you have any and I mean any questions that will be addressed.

Forum Member

Just curious if anyone would be interested in getting a study group together? This way everyone can find out what's our weak side when it comes to this test and attack it together.

Is there any way we can find out if the staten island class is definitely canceled?

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Thank you.

Would anybody know if there is anyone we can contact to find out for sure if the staten island Vulcan review classes have officially been canceled?

Forum Member

thats good info but i would leave my phone and all other electronic devices at home and bring a cheap calculator and ask the proctor when you get there (especially if your one of the first scheduled to go) i know what the noe says but that whole thing about a calculator with an alphabetic keyboard is tricky?what about just a simple numeric calculator? ask the proctor if she says no just toss it in the garbage

Forum Member

where did u hear the staten island classes are cancelled? can you elaborate?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    where did u hear the staten island classes are cancelled? can you elaborate?
    One of the guys I attended with last night. He said he got an email about the cancelation of the class. That's why I'm asking for someone to confirm this info in case it has changed.

Just checked join FDNY on Facebook and they confirmed its closed in SI due to higher demands in other boroughs.
    Last edited by Skavenger85; 02-28-2012 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Staten island closing confirmed

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    thats good info but i would leave my phone and all other electronic devices at home and bring a cheap calculator and ask the proctor when you get there (especially if your one of the first scheduled to go) i know what the noe says but that whole thing about a calculator with an alphabetic keyboard is tricky?what about just a simple numeric calculator? ask the proctor if she says no just toss it in the garbage

They specifically say no calculators. Not no 'calculators with an alphabetic keyboard'.

That said, it's not like everybody followed the rules last time...

Forum Member

Does it matter how you pay the $20, cash money order etc.? Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andyboyfire View Post
    Does it matter how you pay the $20, cash money order etc.? Thanks.
    I saw everyone paying cash so I would guess cash. It's only 20 bucks bro money order really.

Staten islanders read post #890 just edited

Forum Member

I saw everyone paying cash so I would guess cash. It's only 20 bucks bro money order really.

Staten islanders read post #890 just edited
    I figured but just wanted to make sure. Thanks.

Forum Member

So I just got back from the Harlem session. Had to laugh when Paul Washington spent the first 5 minutes talking about how the Vulcans were responsible for the desegregation of the FDNY and then proceeded to say that we "the people who didnt recieve the email directly from them, you know who you are" werent welcome at their sessions and shouldnt go to the next one. Classy guy.

Other than that it was super informative, and no one but Paul Washington made us feel unwelcome.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    So I just got back from the Harlem session. Had to laugh when Paul Washington spent the first 5 minutes talking about how the Vulcans were responsible for the desegregation of the FDNY and then proceeded to say that we "the people who didnt recieve the email directly from them, you know who you are" werent welcome at their sessions and shouldnt go to the next one. Classy guy.

Other than that it was super informative, and no one but Paul Washington made us feel unwelcome.
    That's weird he wasn't like that at the bk site. I wonder what caused him to say that this time around. Was there any people being rude or something? I noticed that alot of people aren't taking this exam serious so I would say for those people not to show up to the exam. Other than that the bk auditorium was packed with people and everyone was asking questions and showed that this test mattered to them.

Forum Member

That's weird he wasn't like that at the bk site. I wonder what caused him to say that this time around. Was there any people being rude or something? I noticed that alot of people aren't taking this exam serious so I would say for those people not to show up to the exam. Other than that the bk auditorium was packed with people and everyone was asking questions and showed that this test mattered to them.
    Washington is a feckin dickwod & a racist....that's why he said that. Guy is the definition of a hypocrite when he talks about whites havin hooks in the Dept and it's easier for them to get hired. The guy has had multiple family members in high ranking positions inside the FDNY.

Forum Member

Who has the exam on march 15th??

Thread Information