Like Tree9888Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Thanks, I will continue to train hard and work in lots of sprinting.

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    That WILL matter in time so try to maintain it. As for the run, just try to run double the 1.5 at about an 8 minute mile pace. If you can do that, the 1.5 mile will be no problem for you. And this comes from a bigger guy who runs like a crack addict with broken legs.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Just keep running. Shoot for doing a 1.5 as fast as possible on some days, and a 5k-5m at a moderate pace on other days. Longer distances at a moderate pace will make the 1.5 easier, but if you're anywhere near the bare minimum (13 minutes) then adrenaline will also carry you through the day. Still just keep on running, since the 1.5 is only the beginning, there's a lot of running ahead of you if you make it that far.
    That's what I've been doing lately. Mixing in max effort 1.5 miles along with longer runs at a more moderate pace. I'm very close to the minimum, and I do expect that adrenaline and running with a big group will get me through, but all these guys talking about such fast times makes me wish I was one of the smaller lighter guys...lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Bones View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I've been reading this forum for a while now and scratch my head when I see people saying that their references got their paperwork, they've talked to their investigator or got some news. I've passed everything on my first go around and have nothing in my paperwork that would delay me getting in, yet if my life depended on it, I could not get in contact with my investigator. And if by some grace of god I did, I would get told they'll get back to me later (which doesn't happen). Is this normal? I don't mind it if that's the case, I'm patient, but if I'm the only case then I'm worried.
    I understand how you feel. I was having the hardest time getting through to my investigator. It was coming to the point that I felt like I may have to send a certified letter for proof of contact. I'm talking about numerous phone calls and voicemails week after week with no response. I finally decided to email him and was given an almost immediate response to my questions. So if you haven't tried email, maybe give that a shot.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    What's up fellas had a Long weekend at the race track with the motorcycle, just finished caching up with 5 pages !!!! Any idea when they going to reach list number 13000 ?
    13,000? Honestly, probably never.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    If you guys don't want PH on the forum why ask question about the ph. Last time i check this is a public forum so all is welcome. Every one talk about how we are going to get treated in the academy but no one up here is in the academy but a handle ful. If that your view about PH don't assume every one in the fh feel the same way.
    A handle full? How much is that? Cool story hanzel.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VanCroon View Post
    What does your upper body workout consist of?
    3 sets of everything except push ups which is 4 sets. All rest times are 1:30

Hand stand push ups 4x
    Dips 10xplus added weight
    So form of lower back exercise 15x weight depends on exercise
    Chin ups 8x
    Shrugs 15x100lbs
    pull ups 7x
    Dual axis row 10x110lbs
    Push ups 25x

none of this is very difficult on its own for me...But this many compound exercises back to back to back is really hard

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    I actually think he might be the guy that writes those spam mails about the dead relative who left millions and he has a "most honorable business transaction that he is discuss to most good person like yourself".

Forum Member

More than a grip. Less than a clutch. Lol.
    River6019 likes this.

Forum Member

13,000? Honestly, probably never.
    "/ ill keep running !!!!

Forum Member

I will be in the news soon. I reported this forum about the hate you guys have towards the ph. So I hope no one lose their job or not get hire because of some of the things that was said...
    That's great dude! Hopefully they catch all the screen caps of you bragging to people who took the open competitive exam that you'll be "in the academy making full pay while they sit at home!". Not to mention all the posts where you flat out call your future employer racist.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

I am disgusted by what's occurred in the last day or so. I'm done.....

Forum Member

Wow, whymetoo. Lets not play that game. Even though a poster stated he was going to save a screen shot of something I posted and circulate it around on other message boards and media, I still donít agree with what you plan on doing. Lets not play with people livelihood and especially their personal information. Please do not proceed with what you intend to do. This message board is already being scrutinized by media, wonks, etc.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire ant View Post
    I understand how you feel. I was having the hardest time getting through to my investigator. It was coming to the point that I felt like I may have to send a certified letter for proof of contact. I'm talking about numerous phone calls and voicemails week after week with no response. I finally decided to email him and was given an almost immediate response to my questions. So if you haven't tried email, maybe give that a shot.
    Thanks, I'll definitely give that a shot.
    Exam 2000
    Score: 106
    List: 1**

MembersZone Subscriber

teufelhunden36 is your birthday Feb 10 1970 or March 6, 1979... Just making sure i have the right person.
    I'm amending my request to the rest of the members of the forum. Instead of ignoring this guy, report him. You will see in the lower left hand of the the reply board an exclamation point in a triangle. Every post this guy makes along the lines of threatening people, click it and write what was said.

Last thing: I have a feeling this guy is a plant looking to get people to say stuff he can twist. Don't respond to him anymore.
    Last edited by teufelhunden36; 06-12-2013 at 03:12 PM.
    ffbam24, vekdoggs75 and River6019 like this.

Forum Member

So how about those Yankees? Lol
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    So how about those Yankees? Lol
    Talk about high blood pressure....They stank

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Talk about high blood pressure....They stank
    The Yanks aren't that bad, you've simply been spoiled due to years of excellence! The Mets are however, are a truly terrible team and organization. They are the equivalent of an AAA team and with few good prospects in their minor league system, they are a good bet to be terrible for years to come!
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    The Yanks aren't that bad, you've simply been spoiled due to years of excellence! The Mets are however, are a truly terrible team and organization. They are the equivalent of an AAA team and with few good prospects in their minor league system, they are a good bet to be terrible for years to come!
    The Yankees AAA team play 10 minutes from my house.. They don't do all that well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    The Yankees AAA team play 10 minutes from my house.. They don't do all that well.
    I'm not sure the Yankees minor league system is in that great of shape either, although in their lower level teams, they have several good prospects. But they are the Yanks, they'll manage to get good players from somewhere.

The AAA system can be deceiving, though. The best minor league ball is probably at the AA level.

St. Louis is a very classy organization, from top to bottom and I think its the best organization in baseball. Tampa Bay and Texas also have been very well run, top to bottom.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Who is going running tomorrow when we get dumped on with rain? LOL
    mocon337 and coldblood92 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    The Mets are the reason I drink. At least we have Wheeler to look forward to Tuesday, that gives us about 6 Legit big leaguers on the roster. As long as the Wilpons own the team we're screwed.
    mocon337 likes this.

Forum Member

No offense to you legit. Yankees fans out here... But all of the "fans" out my way make me hate them.

You know the fans who don't know anything about Yankee history or the difference between a bunt or RBI but swear they've loved the Yankees forever..or because they win frequently.

Although the baseball stadium experience is fun though.

Forum Member

Definitely, with the Wilpons, it's never going to get better. We've got Wheeler up and D'Arnaud coming up, but that sure seems to be about it.

Any of you watch college baseball or college football? Looking forward to the fall, for that.
    Last edited by Minerva; 06-12-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I'll be out there, I hate running inside, on a treadmill.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    ill be up at 6 and on the track by 7. Hopefully it wont be raining by then

Thread Information