Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 453 of 1144 FirstFirst ... 353403443450451452453454455456463503553953 ... LastLast
Results 9,041 to 9,060 of 22879
Like Tree8991Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #9041
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    56

    Default

    4 more candidates resigned including 1 female on 3/27

    Does anyone know at what point when they can no longer be recycled?


  2. #9042
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Is it that hard to figure out? Monthly statements for July 2010 to June 2011 (the 12 months prior to July 1, 2011).
    Is it that crazy of me to just want to confirm so I am not missing a month. thanks for the info. Mr High Horse jk.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  3. #9043
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    64

    Default

    I'm not really religious but being raised in a catholic background one of the prayers I really did like was the Serenity Prayer and it applies to all of you worrying and getting stressed out about whether you'll be in the July Or Winter class:

    God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

    With the bank and credit statements, I can just print them out online and hand them in right? Also I lived with my friend for about 8 months, should I list that? I had a lease and all that but stayed at home a lot too, both are in brooklyn. I just don't want to bring proof of living in the apt with my friends since it'll just be a headache. and all my bills and everything continued to go to my parents house, so I'm not sure if i should even list it and just stick with just my parents
    Last edited by SnatchBK; 03-29-2013 at 12:41 AM.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  4. #9044
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    314

    Default

    So even though I have a while before I get processed should I get a notarized letter now?
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  5. #9045
    Forum Member Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Why do you say people at home have it the easiest? I would think it would be harder since they have less stuff in their name?
    Becuase my investigator gave me an additional document titled "Requirements And Reminder Notice". Its a huge sheet where she highlights everything that she has recieved so far as well as any further documents that she requires.

    Not necessarily easier if you live at home, but like i said, the "young'ins"; those who were 21 or younger at the time they submitted the APPLICATION for exam 2000. On the back of the sheet she gave me its states, and i quote: "...as an alternative (to the standard, ridiculous requirements that everyone else has to provide), candidates who are 21 years of age or younger at the time of their application to take the exam may provide:

    *A diploma from a NYC public High School; AND
    *(only) One proof of residency

    So young guys (21-) staying at home will have it much easier as far as residency. Its the old guys like me who have age (32 yrs) and have been away from mama & papa who must dig a little deeper.

    I dont even know if it makes sense to tell anyone on the OC to start saving their documents from now on. Anything u save from this point on doesnt mean a damn thing. They specifically want documents covering the specified period of JULY 2010-JULY 2011. So saving things from now on doesnt make a difference. It MUST be for that time period only.

  6. #9046
    Forum Member Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    I dont even know if it makes sense to tell anyone on the OC to start saving their documents from now on. Anything u save from this point on doesnt mean a damn thing. They specifically want documents covering the specified period of JULY 2010-JULY 2011. So saving things from now on doesnt make a difference. It MUST be for that time period only.
    ...at least as far as THIS list concerned. If you think that your chances for getting on the job from this exam are slim, and you are young enough to take the next exam in 4 years, then it would be wise for u to start saving EVERYTHING you can from now on. But if exam 2000 is your last shot, then nothing saved from this point on will do any good.

  7. #9047
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    828

    Default

    To the people worried about getting documentation for residency points, start calling up whatever company that has a bill in your name during that time period and start requesting the paperwork. Most companies will oblige, they may charge you for it but if you want this job bad enough you will pay it. I have my cable bills, two separate credit card bills, checking account statements, and 40 some odd pay stubs from that time period. I'm still debating if I should contact t-mobile to send me my phone bills during that time just to play it safe. I think tmo charges $5.00 per bill and when I requested a couple of missing bills from Time Warner they charged me $10.00-$15.00 but I think that was a flat fee if you needed one old bill or several old bills.
    Last edited by TomFromQueens; 03-29-2013 at 09:17 AM.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  8. #9048
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    286

    Default

    There's no need to drive for eastern queens to SI and pay for a cpat training course when you can do everything at home for free. Biggest loss is access to a stair master but easily fixed.

  9. #9049
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    There's no need to drive for eastern queens to SI and pay for a cpat training course when you can do everything at home for free. Biggest loss is access to a stair master but easily fixed.
    Not so fast. It's not all strength and endurance with that. Getting used to the way the machine works and developing a cadence and balance are key things that walking a regular flight of stairs won't give you. Touch the side or handrail for too long and they'll fail you. Find a local gym that has a stepmill. The CPAT IS a cakewalk, but running the exact course a few times so you know you can ace it before you do it for real is a smart move.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

  10. #9050
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    616

    Default

    Teufelhunden36 is right, find a gym. Unless you can practice in a high rise, it will not be the same. I was doing it on my deck, but just wasnt the same. Sucks you have to come down to come back up, it wastes a lot of time. I went to NYSC yesterday and did 16 minutes with the vest, you just have to concentrate on just the steps, it's great.

  11. #9051
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    75

    Default

    I remember MM said some of us may need to get creative as far as document for residency. Do you guys think this will hold water. I have My cable bill in my name and the utilities was in my roommates. How about getting the run of utility bills from my roommate with a notarized letter with it from him saying I lived there and contributed to this bill? Just an idea...
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List #: 20xx

  12. #9052
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brian_patrick View Post
    I remember MM said some of us may need to get creative as far as document for residency. Do you guys think this will hold water. I have My cable bill in my name and the utilities was in my roommates. How about getting the run of utility bills from my roommate with a notarized letter with it from him saying I lived there and contributed to this bill? Just an idea...
    Did you have a lease for this apartment? Was your name on the lease? I feel like that should hold more water than your friend saying "yeah he lived with me."

    For those gray area things like "I'm going to need a letter from ____" I really don't have any advice other than get creative and be persistent.



    Quote Originally Posted by apples&oranges View Post
    4 more candidates resigned including 1 female on 3/27

    Does anyone know at what point when they can no longer be recycled?
    Why do you highlight the fact that one of the women quit?

    At some point in the academy they look at people with failing averages and decide whether or not to keep them on. This was the case. I don't know the deal though with recycling.
    Last edited by Manhattan Medic; 03-29-2013 at 04:10 PM.

  13. #9053
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Becuase my investigator gave me an additional document titled "Requirements And Reminder Notice". Its a huge sheet where she highlights everything that she has recieved so far as well as any further documents that she requires.

    Not necessarily easier if you live at home, but like i said, the "young'ins"; those who were 21 or younger at the time they submitted the APPLICATION for exam 2000. On the back of the sheet she gave me its states, and i quote: "...as an alternative (to the standard, ridiculous requirements that everyone else has to provide), candidates who are 21 years of age or younger at the time of their application to take the exam may provide:

    *A diploma from a NYC public High School; AND
    *(only) One proof of residency

    So young guys (21-) staying at home will have it much easier as far as residency. Its the old guys like me who have age (32 yrs) and have been away from mama & papa who must dig a little deeper.

    I dont even know if it makes sense to tell anyone on the OC to start saving their documents from now on. Anything u save from this point on doesnt mean a damn thing. They specifically want documents covering the specified period of JULY 2010-JULY 2011. So saving things from now on doesnt make a difference. It MUST be for that time period only.
    yeah thanks thats what I thought you meant about their recent diploma being easy proof.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  14. #9054
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Teufelhunden36 is right, find a gym. Unless you can practice in a high rise, it will not be the same. I was doing it on my deck, but just wasnt the same. Sucks you have to come down to come back up, it wastes a lot of time. I went to NYSC yesterday and did 16 minutes with the vest, you just have to concentrate on just the steps, it's great.
    I have been seeing a few people at the brooklyn belt location of NYSC training with vests recently. 2-3
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  15. #9055
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Yea I need to find an actual step mill. The Y I go to only has the step machine that middle aged women use to keep whatever buttocks they have. It's good for the endurance aspect with the vest and measures stories/flights per minute, but using the real thing would be nice sooner or later if I can find one.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  16. #9056
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    805

    Default

    I rented a locker like 10 ft from the step mills at this gym in Astoria (coincidentally named "the rock"....I know a couple of you know it). Anyway, it's one of those somewhat cheap, flimsy metal lockers. Lol the friggin weight vest has caved in the bottom of the locker already. It's only a matter of time before the bottom completely falls through. Either way, I'm gonna have to pay for it at some point...
    River6019 and mocon337 like this.

  17. #9057
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Can someone with a list number between 150 and 250 pm me. I would like to keep in contact so we can talk about upcoming events as well as anything we miss. For example my cpat orientation letter got lost in the mail and I called Dcas they said it wasn't mandatory and not to worry but I don't want to miss something important. Thanks

  18. #9058
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I rented a locker like 10 ft from the step mills at this gym in Astoria (coincidentally named "the rock"....I know a couple of you know it). Anyway, it's one of those somewhat cheap, flimsy metal lockers. Lol the friggin weight vest has caved in the bottom of the locker already. It's only a matter of time before the bottom completely falls through. Either way, I'm gonna have to pay for it at some point...
    I know where! haha
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  19. #9059
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I rented a locker like 10 ft from the step mills at this gym in Astoria (coincidentally named "the rock"....I know a couple of you know it). Anyway, it's one of those somewhat cheap, flimsy metal lockers. Lol the friggin weight vest has caved in the bottom of the locker already. It's only a matter of time before the bottom completely falls through. Either way, I'm gonna have to pay for it at some point...
    It's been years, but I remember spending a lot of quality time on the step mills at The Rock. I started seeing a personal trainer at the rock and followed him to Crossfit Dynamix (he's the owner/head trainer). The Rock is a fine standard corporate gym, but I miss Crossfit.

  20. #9060
    Forum Member Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Teufelhunden36 is right, find a gym. Unless you can practice in a high rise, it will not be the same. I was doing it on my deck, but just wasnt the same. Sucks you have to come down to come back up, it wastes a lot of time. I went to NYSC yesterday and did 16 minutes with the vest, you just have to concentrate on just the steps, it's great.
    Well lucky me. I work security part time in a 20 story building on the weekends in Manhattan. 12 hour shift sat/sun. Im literally the ONLY one in the entire building so its basically mine for the whole 2 days.

    I walk 20 stories at the beginning of my shift. Then i do it again an hour before i get off; repeat again on Sunday. So i climb a total of 80 flights over the weekend. And thats not including the normal up and down thats actually work related. Then im on the construction site mon-fri climbing lifts and scaffolds with 4" rigid pipe and power tools, loading and dragging 500 MC power cables.

    I think im gonna love being a firefighter. It will be the military structure and brotherhood that im used to, combined with the physically demanding lifestyle that i've always known. Just have to play the proby/army private/baby apprentice role ONE LAST TIME. But thats ok.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 40 users browsing this thread. (14 members and 26 guests)

  1. 40&OUT,
  2. Blinkster,
  3. CleverJ,
  4. dem7191,
  5. FDNYProspect,
  6. grizzle,
  7. I3akdraf,
  8. Jackooze,
  9. JAS1205,
  10. JRodPizza ,
  11. Matador611,
  12. RWeHvgFunYet,
  13. TomFromQueens

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:08 AM
  2. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  3. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  4. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 11:16 AM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts