Like Tree9858Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Where are people hearing this? Haha, it makes no sense whatsoever. What possible reason would they have for not putting in a full class?
    if they are only a few people short it makes no sense to start the OC list for only a handful of people

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by apples&oranges View Post
    if they are only a few people short it makes no sense to start the OC list for only a handful of people
    But if they gave medicals to about 300 OC guys it would stand to reason they need fill at least 100 spots after all the promos and PHs.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DREAMOFFDNY View Post
    At least I'm not the only one with the jitters on when we are going to get called for the academy. Just have to keep training hard, our day will come
    I am around your list number, and I speculate (for what its worth) we will have a shot at the July 2014 class. I am thinking January 2015 at the latest for 2500 and below. Thats just my optimistic educated guess. Anyone agree or disagree with this? I am interested to see if you all think that is realistic.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List #: 20xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ready2go View Post
    I am between 290-300 and I still have my medical to complete with no scheduled date as of yet. If anyone has heard otherwise I'd sure like to know.
    I would call up your investigator, ASAP. I had my medical about two weeks ago and there was a person there in the 290's.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian_patrick View Post
    I am around your list number, and I speculate (for what its worth) we will have a shot at the July 2014 class. I am thinking January 2015 at the latest for 2500 and below. Thats just my optimistic educated guess. Anyone agree or disagree with this? I am interested to see if you all think that is realistic.
    I also am keeping my fingers crossed for July 2014 and have really just amped up my training. From all my connections and this forum, I am also speculating July 2014, January 2015 at the latest. Just have to stay positive and wait it out, only time will tell
    FDNY EXAM 2000
    Score: 100
    List Number: 22xx

Forum Member

I'm around the same area. Literally one of the last guys with a 101 by luck of the SS# draw haha. But yea, I've been discussing when the process would start for guys in our range, and replaying/calculating it everyday in my head haha. I'm thinking we should at least get packets by January.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

I really hope you guys make it before then cause then that means I will be cutting it real close.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    I'm around the same area. Literally one of the last guys with a 101 by luck of the SS# draw haha. But yea, I've been discussing when the process would start for guys in our range, and replaying/calculating it everyday in my head haha. I'm thinking we should at least get packets by January.

I am also to receive my packet by January

Forum Member

I am also hoping to* sorry I'm on my phone and couldn't figure out how to edit my post

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DREAMOFFDNY View Post
    I am also to receive my packet by January
    Yea. And even if we have to wait until after July 2014, at least getting the packets will be some form of progress. This idleness is killing me.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Yea. And even if we have to wait until after July 2014, at least getting the packets will be some form of progress. This idleness is killing me.
    Yes a little something to start showing the light at the end of the tunnel

Forum Member

So here is the deal, I spoke with the head investigator dealing with our hires. They don't think they will be taking anyone from the OC list for the July class. They said that the PH group is getting letters and that it will
    Most likely fill the academy along with the rest of the ems promotes. Directly from the person who knows the most and oversees the hiring of all the firefighters

Forum Member

So in the span of one month they went from barely passing 10 PHs at the medical to having almost 220 of those guys ready to go!?!? Wild....I'd say give it a week or two. Just doesn't add up.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Combat medic 92 View Post
    So here is the deal, I spoke with the head investigator dealing with our hires. They don't think they will be taking anyone from the OC list for the July class. They said that the PH group is getting letters and that it will
    Most likely fill the academy along with the rest of the ems promotes. Directly from the person who knows the most and oversees the hiring of all the firefighters
    As I said before, take everything with a grain of salt. This is a situation they've literally never had before, so really just take it as "wait and see".

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    So in the span of one month they went from barely passing 10 PHs at the medical to having almost 220 of those guys ready to go!?!? Wild....I'd say give it a week or two. Just doesn't add up.
    Reminds me a lot of last fall when everyone on 2500 was failing the medical in droves because we were a bunch of fatass ambulance drivers. We both know how that turned out. Once you get your run letter shoot me a PM if you have any specific academy questions you don't want to ask here.

Forum Member

Upper 1000's and lower 2000's sounds reasonable for a July 2014 Class or January 2015 at least.

Also IMO, a July 2013 class can be filled up easily with the minimum 293 Phs and the 100 - 200 EMS that are left (if they decide not to follow the 3:5 PH to OC ratio). I assume if they decide not to include OC in the July 2013 class would be so that the life of the list won't start until January 2014. It won't make sense to start the life of the list in July 2013 for only a few OC guys to get in. It is more likely to get up to the 8000's in four years as they projected if the first OC guy goes in January 2014 and thus the life of the list starts then.
    Last edited by DannyD0pe; 06-17-2013 at 10:35 PM.

Forum Member

The questions is do they have the balls to fail any Ph's?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    The questions is do they have the balls to fail any Ph's?
    They won't need to. All of the people who left the academy early on (besides those that were hurt and going to be recycled) just plain quit.

Forum Member

Im going to ask what may be a stupid question...

If they aren't going to use the OC list why did they call more people for medicals not to long ago

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Combat medic 92 View Post
    Head of investigations or not, CID does just what their dept. sounds like.....background investigations. They do not "oversee" hiring. Take what they say with a BIG grain of salt. They would not have given 300 medicals for no reason. Medicals aren't good forever.... We'll all know in a few weeks when letters for the run are handed down. If they send you a letter for the run, they have a spot for you, it's yours to f-up.

Court order says 3-2. I don't see them doing anything but what the courts say. The process is being monitored endlessly.

Forum Member

Just came from a PH meeting tonight along with several candidates on the OC list. The guys on the OC list inquired about the probability of you guys making it into the July class. They were told it strongly looks like you guys will not be called off that list. As someone stated above the OC list clock down will not start until the January 2014 class. That class will also have some PHs in it.

Before anyone starts to assume that I am boasting about this situation, I am not. I am just providing information that was dicusssed which I thought you guys would want to know.
    Sultan likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Head of investigations or not, CID does just what their dept. sounds like.....background investigations. They do not "oversee" hiring. Take what they say with a BIG grain of salt. They would not have given 300 medicals for no reason. Medicals aren't good forever.... We'll all know in a few weeks when letters for the run are handed down. If they send you a letter for the run, they have a spot for you, it's yours to f-up.

Court order says 3-2. I don't see them doing anything but what the courts say. The process is being monitored endlessly.
    Definitely agree. If you didnt hear it from Peggy then it holds no truth. And he's right about the court order, can't see them going against that. Plus the Medicals are only good for 6 months which means they'll have to redo all these guys who did it already for the January class which would've made all this a big waste if time and money which again they wouldn't allow.

I'd be very surprised if there was no OC in this class cuz I don't think it will be a full class without them but well see in a few weeks. Guys should be getting their letters shortly.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Just came from a PH meeting tonight along with several candidates on the OC list. The guys on the OC list inquired about the probability of you guys making it into the July class. They were told it strongly looks like you guys will not be called off that list. As someone stated above the OC list clock down will not start until the January 2014 class. That class will also have some PHs in it.

Before anyone starts to assume that I am boasting about this situation, I am not. I am just providing information that was dicusssed which I thought you guys would want to know.
    Interesting to hear this again, but who is "they"? In other words, who was the source providing the info? Could be true, but it just sounds strange to me. If it came from Peggy it would be a different story. As far as hiring goes, it goes from God to Peggy to the masses.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    They won't need to. All of the people who left the academy early on (besides those that were hurt and going to be recycled) just plain quit.
    I assumed nearly all of those who dropped out of the academy last class would be recycled. Am I wrong for thinking this or did some guys just feel the job wasn't for them and would instead try going up the ranks in ems or become a NP or PA.

Forum Member

I assumed nearly all of those who dropped out of the academy last class would be recycled. Am I wrong for thinking this or did some guys just feel the job wasn't for them and would instead try going up the ranks in ems or become a NP or PA.
    You can become a NP or PA from ems?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Not directly, and a lot of school is required but I think if an emt is enthusiastic about the health field, becoming an RN, NP, or PA is a route they can take. That is if they have the time and means for school. I met an emt at my hospital rotation who was going to nursing school at night. He said a lot of other people do the same. I'm sure MM and other guys who were/are on ems would have way more insight on this than me tho.

Thread Information