Like Tree10467Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Definitely agree. If you didnt hear it from Peggy then it holds no truth. And he's right about the court order, can't see them going against that. Plus the Medicals are only good for 6 months which means they'll have to redo all these guys who did it already for the January class which would've made all this a big waste if time and money which again they wouldn't allow.

I'd be very surprised if there was no OC in this class cuz I don't think it will be a full class without them but well see in a few weeks. Guys should be getting their letters shortly.
    Peggy Quinn was the one who gave us this info about us not being called until the earliest January. She stood right in front of us flesh and blood.

Forum Member

This is THE MOST factual evidence you guys could have at this point. I mean she's the head of the dept and knows more than any others about where they are. They are working hard on those PH's. believe me it was a letdown considering I'm in the mid 700's and I won't be looking at the academy until the earliest July '14. I just wish we could see the ratios start to form.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Combat medic 92 View Post
    This is THE MOST factual evidence you guys could have at this point. I mean she's the head of the dept and knows more than any others about where they are. They are working hard on those PH's. believe me it was a letdown considering I'm in the mid 700's and I won't be looking at the academy until the earliest July '14. I just wish we could see the ratios start to form.
    dude, if what you heard is true, and considering the source it probably is, I don't even feel safe saying January is a definite for me. I know how you feel. Sucks big time.

Forum Member

Peggy Quinn was the one who gave us this info about us not being called until the earliest January. She stood right in front of us flesh and blood.
    Yes, her name was mentioned while discussing the PH, OC and EMS, list/July class. Also, if you guys are called off the list, they stated the 1.5 mile run will be conducted July 9, 11, 15. Then someone who works at 9 metro that was present stated it will be July, 9, 10, 11.

Lastly, I am not sure if this is just pretaining to the PH, but an email suppose to be sent July 1 informing people of the run.
    Last edited by almostthere; 06-18-2013 at 10:41 AM.

Forum Member

I was really hoping for the January 14 class but now it looks like I won't get my shot until July 14 at the earliest if all this stuff is true, talk about about a kick in the teeth early in the morning.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

This is great news to start the week

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I was really hoping for the January 14 class but now it looks like I won't get my shot until July 14 at the earliest if all this stuff is true, talk about about a kick in the teeth early in the morning.
    Yeah, this sucks hard. I was literally counting down the days till January and telling anyone who asked that's what i was expecting. Knowing I'd be waiting 6 months changing to a full year... Ugh this is rough. Month officially ruined. 7 years of this BS.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

This sucks for the people on top of the list but great news for people with 97s

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Yeah, this sucks hard. I was literally counting down the days till January and telling anyone who asked that's what i was expecting. Knowing I'd be waiting 6 months changing to a full year... Ugh this is rough. Month officially ruined. 7 years of this BS.
    I give you 6019 guys credit, I'm down about another 6 months of waiting, I couldn't imagine 7 years. Another 6 months at my dead end office job, I was already in waiting out the clock mode.
    mocon337 likes this.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Sorry guys I hate being such a letdown. I've been right along with you during this whole process and rumors have made up my life especially lately, I am so sick of rumors that cannot be corroborated that I just stopped listening. I don't post often but I wanted to let you guys know what was going on considering that I heard it with my on two ears from the one person who actually knows whats going on. almostthere, I have nothing against you, you've provided valued information to all of us but damn man those PH's really screwed us over. So many more of them passed the process than any of us could imagine and that meant a huge setback for the rest of us. It feels like eternity since I sat on Court street wondering how I did. I joined the ems side of FD, I decided that I didn't want to wait anymore and would get in one way or another. I would like someone to tell me that I didn't earn a spot because I went the promotion way and I will show them just how well I did, but decided it would be quicker going another route. Wether I get the call for oc or another promotion exam opens I don't care but this is a job worth going to hell and back for. You guys seem dedicated and I can't wait to actually meet most of you, hopefully we will all be in the front leaning rest position soon being screamed at by instructors at the rock. until then god speed and good luck. I will post any other relevant news if I hear of any.
    Score 102
    List #7xx

Forum Member

Sorry guys I hate being such a letdown. I've been right along with you during this whole process and rumors have made up my life especially lately, I am so sick of rumors that cannot be corroborated that I just stopped listening. I don't post often but I wanted to let you guys know what was going on considering that I heard it with my on two ears from the one person who actually knows whats going on. almostthere, I have nothing against you, you've provided valued information to all of us but damn man those PH's really screwed us over. So many more of them passed the process than any of us could imagine and that meant a huge setback for the rest of us. It feels like eternity since I sat on Court street wondering how I did. I joined the ems side of FD, I decided that I didn't want to wait anymore and would get in one way or another. I would like someone to tell me that I didn't earn a spot because I went the promotion way and I will show them just how well I did, but decided it would be quicker going another route. Wether I get the call for oc or another promotion exam opens I don't care but this is a job worth going to hell and back for. You guys seem dedicated and I can't wait to actually meet most of you, hopefully we will all be in the front leaning rest position soon being screamed at by instructors at the rock. until then god speed and good luck. I will post any other relevant news if I hear of any.
    Appreciate it - news good or bad is extremely appreciated.

Forum Member

Been saying the same thing. Guess it will be July 14th at the earliest for me as well. Oh well after 10 years what is another 6 months...
    vekdoggs75 and River6019 like this.
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

Forum Member

I totally agree with you man, this lawsuit situation has screwed a lot of you guys over. I am able to view both sides of the field, but in my honest opinion, you guys have suffered more then us PH guys. Just my opinion which I am sure the PHS would disagree with.
    River6019 likes this.

Forum Member

Hey guys lets stop with all the "dissapointed" talk. I too am closer to the top of the list and was expecting to be hired for the July class. Does it suck? Yeah. But at the end of the day what is another 6 months? It might not be such a bad thing to not be lumped in with the PH class anyways.

Forum Member

Will there be many people left over from the Ph and promotional lists after this class? If those lists are completed then its likely the January'14 class could reach the 800's on the OC.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrugger View Post
    Will there be many people left over from the Ph and promotional lists after this class? If those lists are completed then its likely the January'14 class could reach the 800's on the OC.
    There will be PHS left over which will be in the Jan 14 class. Not sure about EMS.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    There will be PHS left over which will be in the Jan 14 class. Not sure about EMS.
    Thanks for the info. I am just really shocked as to how this is possible. Did the PH's pass all the steps at a 100% rate? Were there 400 EMS promos left to draw from? Something just doesn't add up.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Thanks for the info. I am just really shocked as to how this is possible. Did the PH's pass all the steps at a 100% rate? Were there 400 EMS promos left to draw from? Something just doesn't add up.
    Well JerkAlert broke it down for the EMS side of things and I think he said they had something like 300 some odd eligible candidates left. And I think he said about 40 of them wouldn't be eligible until the January 2014 class. What I don't understand is, why did they call in more candidates from the OC list than the initial run if it's looking like they won't even touch the list. .
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

I wonder how things work as far as the life of the list in relation to the ems promo list.

Do they have an independent lifespan?

Does that mean a new EMS promo test will be given in 2016 separate from the open exam?

Forum Member

Personally, this Is the equivalent of "ripping the band aid off" instead of dragging out the PH over the course of 2-3 years they're knocking them out in what looks to be 2 maybe 3 classes... So instead of being pushes back in 6 monthes, year, etc you're being pushed back now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Personally, this Is the equivalent of "ripping the band aid off" instead of dragging out the PH over the course of 2-3 years they're knocking them out in what looks to be 2 maybe 3 classes... So instead of being pushes back in 6 monthes, year, etc you're being pushed back now.
    Technically if a PH hire has to wait another year to get hired, don't they get another year of backpay that they didn't earn whatsoever?

Must be nice.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    I totally agree with you man, this lawsuit situation has screwed a lot of you guys over. I am able to view both sides of the field, but in my honest opinion, you guys have suffered more then us PH guys. Just my opinion which I am sure the PHS would disagree with.
    Not trying to start an argument, but you didn't suffer. You got super lucky and at least some of you are getting a horrendous amount of money and someone else's job for scoring a 25 on test. The rest of you scored higher but not high enough. Not trying to pick on you because you are one of the better PH's but I can't let a comment like that slide with out pointing out the elephant in the room.
    ffbam24 likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBravest View Post
    Technically if a PH hire has to wait another year to get hired, don't they get another year of backpay that they didn't earn whatsoever?

Must be nice.
    No, the PH list terminates once the Jan 2014 class ends. If we are not hired by Jan 2014 class then we can't get the job.

Forum Member

I love the attitude of whats the big deal, its just another 6 months, and Im trying to keep that as my motto, but as someone who should have been in that only class that went in on 6019 I cant help but feel nervous about what could happen in those 6 months. As most of us know anything can happen and I get nervous that the more time that passes the more of a chance of something happening. Whats your guys opinions on how much of a guarantee that they will put in a class in July 2014? (I know no one knows, just curious, especially from the guys on the job)

As for the guys in the top 750, I gotta think you have a real good chance of getting into the January 14 class. There cant be that many PHs left at all. In fact how could that be possible at all, besides the ones that decide to defer this class?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

I'm still confused as to why Priority Hires are going right in while the OC is being held up. Didn't Goofis' ruling state a 3 out of 5 procedure?
    NycQ83 and USMC2024 like this.

Thread Information