Like Tree9522Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    almostthere can you confirm or deny the number of PHs being hired(around 100). This would probably help put some of the rumors to rest...I know after hearing some of the latest "information" it sounded like 200 or more PHs were to be hired
    Not sure the exact number, but if I recall at the meeting, they might of said about 150. Like some said previously, you guys will have a better understanding when this class goes in. I also stated earlier that some PHs will go into the Jan class.
    coldblood92 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Not sure the exact number, but if I recall at the meeting, they might of said about 150. Like some said previously, you guys will have a better understanding when this class goes in. I also stated earlier that some PHs will go into the Jan class.
    yeah i read that i didnt know if it was due to the high number of ems to still go in, defers or what.
    Thank you for the answer

Forum Member

If anyone gets a chance to watch that documentary "Burn" about the Detroit FD it's really awesome. Came out on dvd yesterday.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    If anyone gets a chance to watch that documentary "Burn" about the Detroit FD it's really awesome. Came out on dvd yesterday.
    Sweet can't wait to buy it.

Forum Member

Can anybody give me an address where I can go to inquire about some medical exam questions. The medical office or something. Going to be back in the states for a few days, would like to go visit their office, phone calls are about pointless out here. Thanks in advance

Forum Member

Very good source says no OC in this class. Sorry guys, bad news for all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Very good source says no OC in this class. Sorry guys, bad news for all.
    So in theory.. The life of list wouldn't start until.. The Jan class?

Forum Member

I need to read that Vulcan Email.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Im on a list for emails and haven't gotten anything. I don't think its a Vulcan email

Forum Member

Yea in theory it doesn't start until January.

Good news though - same source states there is a good chance the class will be the same 18 weeks, possibly slightly shortly, with the classes back to back for a while and possibly overlapping by a few weeks.
    vekdoggs75 and coldblood92 like this.

Forum Member

Good news though - same source states there is a good chance the class will be the same 18 weeks, possibly slightly shortly, with the classes back to back for a while and possibly overlapping by a few weeks.
    That's good news.. For those of us outside of the top 800 or so.

Forum Member

So basically once they through the bulk of promo's and PH's they're going to start banging classes out one after another ? So in theory the class after the January 2014 class may actually be sooner than July ? And January 2015 may start even earlier than 2015 and so forth and so on.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Supposively. And this is coming from a man with quite a few stars on his uniform

Forum Member

That's great news !!! If your source is accurate then we may be going in sooner than we all anticipated. If the life of the list starts in Jan 2014, I can see them having at least 8 classes coming out of the OC list. Assuming they process 1000 candidates per class to get 320 probies, with a list in the 4900's I should be in that 5th class if all goes well.
    BrooklynBorn likes this.

Forum Member

I hope they go through 1000 to get 320 then ill be in the first class

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I need to read that Vulcan Email.
    No, you don't. It doesn't impact you.

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Im on a list for emails and haven't gotten anything. I don't think its a Vulcan email
    Candidates were not included on this email. It was for members of the job.

They could overlap, as they did in the past, but only by a few days. The locker rooms and bunker gear storage can't accomodate more than 300 and change. To be honest, I don't know why they haven started overlapping already. In the hiring years post 9/11, the dept. hired class after class with no break in between.

Look, either way, you guys can't control the hiring plans. If you were on the cusp for this one, you'll definitely be in the next. Don't get discouraged, a few months will go by and you'll be right back at this point, with the academy around the corner. Just keep working at what you can control, your physical fitness. Do that, stay out of trouble and your time will come.
    vekdoggs75 and FdnytolifeE293 like this.

Forum Member

vekdoggs75 and River6019 like this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Our favorite judge is letting mobsters hang out when on parole while he isnt ruining the fdny

Judge OKs Genovese crime family soldier wake attendance
    By SELIM ALGAR
    Last Updated: 5:31 PM, June 19, 2013
    This judge has respect for respects.
    A Brooklyn federal court judge today allowed a reputed Genovese crime family soldier to remain out on bail despite his ill-advised attendance at a mobbed up wake.
    Despite bail conditions that prohibit his mingling with mafiosi, James Bernardone, 46, showed up at a March 21 Bronx memorial that drew more than 25 known hoods — including Luchese underboss Steven Crea.
    “He seems unable to cease his contact with organized crime,” said US attorney Jacquelyn Rasulo in arguing for his bail revocation. “The government finds this violation to be flagrant.”
    But Bernardone’s attorney argued that his client was simply paying his respects to the elderly, non-wiseguy father of a childhood friend and that he didn’t deserve to be put behind bars for the infraction.
    Judge Nicholas Garaufis showed the mobster some mercy and opted for a stern warning rather than a return trip to the clink.
    “There are certain things that you can’t do and this is one of them,” Garaufis said, noting that mob funerals often serve as forums for business as well as mourning. “Wakes and funerals are a fertile environment for discussion of the activities of organized crime.”
    Bernardone is facing racketeering charges related to the alleged extortion of contractors performing work in Manhattan Queens and Brooklyn between 2006 and 2009. He is currently out on $750,000 bail.
    selim.algar@nypost.com
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Kinda shocking that the justice dept and Obama are literally bribing cities to drop disparate impact cases before the supreme court can vote on them. Makes me feel a little stupid for voting for him haha.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Kinda shocking that the justice dept and Obama are literally bribing cities to drop disparate impact cases before the supreme court can vote on them. Makes me feel a little stupid for voting for him haha.
    A little stupid? LOL j/k
    River6019 likes this.

Forum Member

The July class will have a total of 125 black , 68 Latino from the Ph list. They are not allowed to place more then that amount into the class.
    All left over PH will be in the January class. PH list ends and January.

Forum Member

It's funny to me that the way this city is showing that it doesn't hire based on ethnicity, is to hire based on ethnicity. I've said it since day one, if you want to stop claims of racial bias then don't have a selection on your test where you have to select what ethnicity you belong to.
    vekdoggs75 and River6019 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    The July class will have a total of 125 black , 68 Latino from the Ph list. They are not allowed to place more then that amount into the class.
    how many are going to be left over for january? are you saying this as if someone in the know just told you or are you saying this just as this is what is possible as far as the court order?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    That's nearly 2:1 African American to Hispanic. Explain that disparate impact.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    It's funny to me that the way this city is showing that it doesn't hire based on ethnicity, is to hire based on ethnicity. I've said it since day one, if you want to stop claims of racial bias then don't have a selection on your test where you have to select what ethnicity you belong to.
    What? The city is going through with a remedy given by everybody's favorite federal judge. Complying with Federal Court is not the same as being hypocritical. Also that same federal judge was the person who required that candidates disclose their race.

Get your facts right.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Thread Information