Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 463 of 1020 FirstFirst ... 363413453460461462463464465466473513563963 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,260 of 20395
Like Tree7747Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

here is the chart from the post above
    Name:  chart  .JPG
Views: 478
Size:  38.3 KB

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by apples&oranges View Post
    here is the chart from the post above
    Attachment 22852
    Nice! Thanks.
    So, what is The 20%, 35%, do you know? If I'm reading this right, at 6'1"(73"), I need to be under 230.4 lbs???

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    Good to know, thanks again. I'm 6'1" and 218. Do you know if I would pass or fail at that weight for that height?
    I'm not slim but def not a fatty either. I'm able to handle a good deal of pt thanks to my time in the military. I worked with some animals for about 5 years, and keeping up with them has paid off.
    You're fine. I'm 5'9" and I believe my max was something like 210.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    You're fine. I'm 5'9" and I believe my max was something like 210.
    Well, that was a short lived crisis in my road to my goal. Guess I'll have to go back to nursing my concerns over bp and hr. haha.

Forum Member

Well, that was a short lived crisis in my road to my goal. Guess I'll have to go back to nursing my concerns over bp and hr. haha.
    Listen, before you worry yourself to death......use your head, they do. Work out, eat right and prepare, but remember that there is a little wiggle room in the numbers and you'll be sized up on an individual basis. If your heart rate is a little high and you look like 10lbs of s*#t in a 5lb bag they're not going to let you by. If you're a little on the high side, but you look halfway decent and have good color while on the stairs you'll be fine, despite your heart rate.

Just excersize and don't focus TOO much on the numbers, a little, but not too much.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Listen, before you worry yourself to death......use your head, they do. Work out, eat right and prepare, but remember that there is a little wiggle room in the numbers and you'll be sized up on an individual basis. If your heart rate is a little high and you look like 10lbs of s*#t in a 5lb bag they're not going to let you by. If you're a little on the high side, but you look halfway decent and have good color while on the stairs you'll be fine, despite your heart rate.

Just excersize and don't focus TOO much on the numbers, a little, but not too much.
    Thanks. I never would have thought there would be any place for wiggle room in this process. My only frame of reference is the military and they are real strict on the numbers. It's good
    To know they will evaluate the whole person.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    That's absolutely true. If you are judged overweight according to their charts you will be put on medical hold until you lose the weight. It's nowhere near as stringent as what the military requires, but there is a weight requirement based on height.

It's called BMI guys (body mass index). In all reality it's kind if a joke, but does set a standard. But there is other tests that they have to do if you fail the BMI. They must measure certain areas of your body to get an accurate reading on what your actual body fat percentage is. They have to do this because people vary big time on these numbers. There are three different types of body types: ectomorph, endomorph, and mesomorph. You can be a combination of these too. An example of why the have to measure you after a failed BMI test would be your typical bodybuilder. Them guys are big in weight, but it's lean muscle mass. Most carry around 8% body fat at any given time and 2-3% come show time, these guys will NEVER pass a BMI test. Basically to pass the secondary test you need a larger neck measurement in conjunction to a small waist measurement. If anybody else has questions pertaining to this google BMI and you'll find all you need to know! But it's nothing to be worried about in my opinion. If you fail both tests, well you have A LOT of work to do. Good luck!

Forum Member

Article regarding quota implementation.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion...3nlsNbf4bixCrK
    Exam# 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SouthBK84 View Post
    Article regarding quota implementation.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion...3nlsNbf4bixCrK
    That's an editorial, not an article, and a ****ty one at that.

Forum Member

Just got back from my psych screening...anyone know how they let us know if we past or didnt? Is it through mail or is it a phone call?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Just got back from my psych screening...anyone know how they let us know if we past or didnt? Is it through mail or is it a phone call?
    I think if they are questioning anything, they will have you come in. I think no news, is good news......

Quick question. I finally have my Investigation Interview in a little over a week after having to reschedule a couple times. I am wrapping up my packet but had a question. The only college credits I have are 3 from a medical terminology class I took way back in like 2003 at a community college in FL. Do I HAVE to list that? I just know it will be a pain for me to try and get my transcripts so I'd rather not if it doesn't matter. Thanks.
    USMC2024 likes this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:109
    List # XX

Forum Member

Don't you have to have 16 credits or something to even qualify for the job?

The weight to height ratio isn't tremendously stressed, at least it wasn't for EMS. According to them I was 5lbs overweight but the lady laughed at it because there's pretty much nowhere on my body I could lose that from. They tell you if you are over, by how much, and generally just want to see within a few weeks when you come back that you've been making effort and have lost weight. You don't neccessarilly hit the exact number but most show improvement for the during of the process till you are officially hired. They will ask you to come in several times. Again that's what they did for EMS.

As for the psych they don't tell you if you pass. If you don't hear anything you passed, if you do there's a problem.

Again this is all based off my recent EMS hiring process.

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Don't you have to have 16 credits or something to even qualify for the job?
    Yes.

If you don't have 6 months work experience or are prior military. I fit both.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:109
    List # XX

Forum Member

Ah ok. Well if not listing the 3 credits won't effect meeting the requirements than I wouldn't bother.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post
    Yes.

If you don't have 6 months work experience or are prior military. I fit both.
    Could look like you're trying to
    Hide something. I remember reading something in the packet that you have to list all schools attended.

Forum Member

Could look like you're trying to
    Hide something. I remember reading something in the packet that you have to list all schools attended.
    I with you, I would definately list it. Ask them on your interview if they want the transcripts, then bring them in. Most of us had to go back anyways.

Forum Member

Since you are prior military and won't be using college credits to qualify, you will not need a transcript. I went with a sealed transcript in hand, but since I was using my military service to qualify, my investigator said I did not need a transcrpt. So in other words, list it on your packet, but you will not need to worry about trying to acquire a transcript. Hope that makes sense, and hope that helps.

Forum Member

What if u don't pass the second medical

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Unity View Post
    What if u don't pass the second medical
    turn on ur PMs Unity

Thread Information