Like Tree9945Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #11601
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Because they are deemed to be more important to the city by way of a federal judge than us. I have a 106 for a score and it blows my mind that there are so many 70s mixed in there.
    So I guess these are the PH's. Thats so ridiculous. This really should make the news.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  2. #11602
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    112

    Default

    That's a DCAS list based off of exam 2000 that was given out on March. It's only written. DCAS handles written. FDNY takes it from there and from what I heard those guys did not pass everything in such high numbers. That list you posted are written scores and guys who are eligible for processing. No way the FDNY puts out a list of guys who passed everyhkng to the public. If ANYTHING there is only a dept order on the intranet at work.
    This message board drove me crazy past few hours lol. Take everyhkng on here with a grain of salt. It'll drive you bonkers!!! I'm gonna go back to enjoying my Sunday. Thursday is my last day on an ambulance god willing. I'm gonna stay off of here until I get my invite for the run. My psyche can't handle it! :-) stay positive boys.

  3. #11603
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    Lol must be nice to be #1 with a 98, meanwhile ill have to wait 3 years with the same score
    They probably didn't get extra points on their scores, so yeah a 98 is actually reasonably impressive.

  4. #11604
    Forum Member
    nyckftbl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On a Hill, overlooking George's Kingdom
    Posts
    2,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    They probably didn't get extra points on their scores, so yeah a 98 is actually reasonably impressive.
    Lol. .

  5. #11605
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    They probably didn't get extra points on their scores, so yeah a 98 is actually reasonably impressive.
    I didn't get extra points either buddy

  6. #11606
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    What is up FDNYMAN. Are you sure this is the list of everyone who passed all the steps? I wasn't aware this would be the list telling everyone who is going into the academy, especially if the 1.5 mile run wasnt completed. Also, I was under the assumption that background checks are still being conducted.
    Hey almostthere. From what I have been told all Back round check have been complete for all Ph that were eligible for hire.

    If you look at the OC list 2000 there list have been made public but not yet established. This Ph list have been established.

    The Department of Citywide Administrative Services made public a 40,864-name list for Firefighter on Oct. 3, 2012. The list is based on Exam 2000, which was held from March 17 to April 20, 2012.

    Readers should note that this roster has not yet been officially established for use and that once established, an eligible list changes over its four-year life as candidates are added, removed, reinstated, or rescored.

  7. #11607
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Not all 282 candidates will be going in to the July class.
    Going over the list it's about 85 black candidates and the rest are Latinos candidates.
    This is why at the Vulcan meeting they stated it will be less then 128 black candidates for July class. They also stated there were more Latinos than black candidates.

  8. #11608
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Yes, I thought this list are for those who only passed the written, but read that 400 plus passed it. So, I am confused what this list really is or what it is indicating.

    Yes you are right. 420 Ph pass the written but only 282 pass all step in the process. This list have been established. Providing that every one pass the run.

  9. #11609
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    70

    Default

    As per my mentor there is about 175 ems eligible for the july class.

  10. #11610
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    Yes you are right. 420 Ph pass the written but only 282 pass all step in the process. This list have been established. Providing that every one pass the run.
    Thank you for the information!!

    Another question, how are they going to determine who goes in first? Is it by their score or list number. If list number, what is it?
    Last edited by almostthere; 06-23-2013 at 12:03 PM.

  11. #11611
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Thank you for the information!!

    Another question, how are they going to determine who goes in first? Is it by their score?
    Yes it by their score and ss#. But you have to remember that this list will be broken into two groups. Black candidates and Latinos candidates. If you are a black candidates you will more then likely be going into the July class. The max for the July class is 128 they only have about 85 black candidates. So all black candidates off this list should receive a letter for the 1.5 run.

  12. #11612
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    Yes it by their score and ss#. But you have to remember that this list will be broken into two groups. Black candidates and Latinos candidates. If you are a black candidates you will more then likely be going into the July class. The max for the July class is 128 they only have about 85 black candidates. So all black candidates off this list should receive a letter for the 1.5 run.
    You are the man, thank you for the information!!

  13. #11613
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    the fact that there are more Latino's on the PH list than Black's is pretty important. All future classes could only have a max of 64 PHs in it.

  14. #11614
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    the fact that there are more Latino's on the PH list than Black's is pretty important. All future classes could only have a max of 64 PHs in it.
    Yes you are right. They have to stick to the court order. I think that's why even tho they have about 85 black candidates and they can hire 128 they can't fill the rest of the Latinos candidates in the July class. I hope I explain that right.
    The Ph list end January so some of the Latinos left might not be place in a class after that.
    coldblood92 likes this.

  15. #11615
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Almostthere what time are you at on your run? I'm at 11: 32 but trying harder to get it down more. I will like to be at 10 mins or less.

  16. #11616
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    Almostthere what time are you at on your run? I'm at 11: 32 but trying harder to get it down more. I will like to be at 10 mins or less.
    I went to the gym Thursday and was a 11:20. I am confident I will be at 10 or below before the run. I've been out of commission for about three weeks and I've been back in the gym for a week and a half. So, slowly but surely I will improve. Just trying to get my strength/endurance/stamina back. I am actually going running today with my son. He plays high school football and track, so I am going to have him work me out for the next two weeks. Just keep doing your thing and you will be ready for the run.

  17. #11617
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    535

    Default

    Was at HQ yesterday for the 10am session. They did share that the 1.5 mile run is being given in advance to allow more time to call more people if the passing rate is low. They are familiar with the passing rate of the promo list and they are uncertain of the PH list.

    Judging a book by its cover (which is not always the best idea) some PHs were squared away and looked like they were ready to go. Some looked out of their depth and completely unready. A lot could be told by questions people asked of the Academy Instructors who came. Those who asked about diet and excersises on weekends? Good. Those who asked what the hours were and when they'd "be served" lunch? Bad.

    General observation of all candidates in attendance.......Why don't we try showing up on time, huh? Pathetic. On time is late! Late is grounds for termination! Wake up. Also, try some kakhis and a collared shirt! I can't tell you how many people came dressed for a Barbeque. This meeting opportunity takes place in the headquarters of the New York City Fire Department. All of the staff is showing up in uniform. Show a little respect and wear business casual attire. NO HATS!

  18. #11618
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Was at HQ yesterday for the 10am session. They did share that the 1.5 mile run is being given in advance to allow more time to call more people if the passing rate is low. They are familiar with the passing rate of the promo list and they are uncertain of the PH list.

    Judging a book by its cover (which is not always the best idea) some PHs were squared away and looked like they were ready to go. Some looked out of their depth and completely unready. A lot could be told by questions people asked of the Academy Instructors who came. Those who asked about diet and excersises on weekends? Good. Those who asked what the hours were and when they'd "be served" lunch? Bad.

    General observation of all candidates in attendance.......Why don't we try showing up on time, huh? Pathetic. On time is late! Late is grounds for termination! Wake up. Also, try some kakhis and a collared shirt! I can't tell you how many people came dressed for a Barbeque. This meeting opportunity takes place in the headquarters of the New York City Fire Department. All of the staff is showing up in uniform. Show a little respect and wear business casual attire. NO HATS!
    Unreal, you would think that this late in the game people would know what is expected of them when they attend these events.

  19. #11619
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Yeah, I couldn't make the meeting, but i have been to HQs, and a lot of people were in sweats, and jeans. Meanwhile the head of investigations was talking to us about what to expect, I guess she didn't expect that.

  20. #11620
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Thank you for the information!!

    Another question, how are they going to determine who goes in first? Is it by their score or list number. If list number, what is it?
    Probably the ones they think have the best chance of making it through, I would imagine a big failure would be a PR nightmare. But then again lots will be pushed through. Remember a few classes ago when a recruit died and the Vulcans sued claiming they worked him to death because he was black.

    Can some one please get in touch with Anderson Cooper or someone who can tell the rest of america what is going on here. Its ridiculous. This is actual extortion.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  21. #11621
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    Yes you are right. They have to stick to the court order. I think that's why even tho they have about 85 black candidates and they can hire 128 they can't fill the rest of the Latinos candidates in the July class. I hope I explain that right.
    The Ph list end January so some of the Latinos left might not be place in a class after that.
    Sorry to be a pain, but can you go into detail and explain this a little more?

  22. #11622
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Sorry to be a pain, but can you go into detail and explain this a little more?
    Not a pain at all i hope I explain it better this time around....

    As per court order 186 black candidates and 107 Latinos candidates are to be hire for a total of 293.

    For this July class they are only ALLOWED to hire 128 black candidates and 64 Latino candidates. That will give them their 2:5 for blacks and 1:5 for Latinos ratio. They are not allowed to add more Latinos just because they do not have a total of 128 black candidates.

    186-128=58 black candidates left
    107-64=43 Latinos candidates left

    Now the ph lists have 282 candidates ABOUT 85 are black candidates and the rest are Latinos candidates. So for this july class they would have place all black candidates in this July class with only Latinos left over.

    So if you do the math
    282-85= 197
    85 black candidates and 197 Latinos candidates. For a total of 282.
    They can only hire 107 Latinos. If they continue to hire with the ratio of 1:5 for Latinos that will be 64 Latinos per class.

    The ph list end in January so that will give the Ph two class. Hiring Latinos at the 1:5 ratio will be 64 for July and 64 for January.
    64+64= 128
    197-128=69
    So there will be 69 Latino candidates that may not be going in.
    But dealing with the city you never know.

    Ps. Every one still have to pass the run. At the meeting it was stated that a letter will go out to more than the number allowed in the event that some one don't pass the run. But in the event that 64 pass the run the others will be place in the January class.
    Last edited by Fdnyman; 06-23-2013 at 08:15 PM.

  23. #11623
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    Not a pain at all i hope I explain it better this time around....

    As per court order 186 black candidates and 107 Latinos candidates are to be hire for a total of 293.

    For this July class they are only ALLOWED to hire 128 black candidates and 64 Latino candidates. That will give them their 2:5 for blacks and 1:5 for Latinos ratio. They are not allowed to add more Latinos just because they do not have a total of 128 black candidates.

    186-128=58 black candidates left
    107-64=43 Latinos candidates left

    Now the ph lists have 282 candidates ABOUT 85 are black candidates and the rest are Latinos candidates. So for this july class they would have place all black candidates in this July class with only Latinos left over.

    So if you do the math
    282-85= 197
    85 black candidates and 197 Latinos candidates. For a total of 282.
    They can only hire 107 Latinos. If they continue to hire with the ratio of 1:5 for Latinos that will be 64 Latinos per class.

    The ph list end in January so that will give the Ph two class. Hiring Latinos at the 1:5 ratio will be 64 for July and 64 for January.
    64+64= 128
    197-128=69
    So there will be 69 Latino candidates that may not be going in.
    But dealing with the city you never know.

    Ps. Every one still have to pass the run. At the meeting it was stated that a letter will go out to more than the number allowed in the event that some one don't pass the run. But in the event that 64 pass the run the others will be place in the January class.
    Damn, great breakdown. So, this list is actually the real thing. I am still wondering why they will post the list now and not wait until after the run is over. In any event, I am happy because my name is on the list.

  24. #11624
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    142

    Default

    FDNYman, that's a good breakdown but there's only 1 point I would question. You state they can only hire 107 Latinos per the court order... but then you are saying they are going to hire 64 in July and 64 in January. Shouldn't it be 64 in July and only 43 in January to fill the 107 Latino "quota"?

    So really, if they are using all the black candidates up in July, and use 64 of the 107 in July, there should only be a max of 43 PHs (all Latino) in January's class... I think, hah.

  25. #11625
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    FDNYman, that's a good breakdown but there's only 1 point I would question. You state they can only hire 107 Latinos per the court order... but then you are saying they are going to hire 64 in July and 64 in January. Shouldn't it be 64 in July and only 43 in January to fill the 107 Latino "quota"?

    So really, if they are using all the black candidates up in July, and use 64 of the 107 in July, there should only be a max of 43 PHs (all Latino) in January's class... I think, hah.
    You are right and wrong.
    The court order stated that The City shall continue to hire at this 1:5 ratio until it has hired one hundred seven (107) Hispanic Claimants from the approved list of priority hire claimants or until the group of Hispanic Claimants on the approved list has been exhausted

    Now with that being said
    There are about 197 Latino candidates and they have July class and January class to hire these candidates. They can hire at the 1:5 ratio for both classes making it 64 for july and 64 for january, because it stated 107 or has been exhausted.

    Even tho it stated until list has been exhausted they only have two class to make that happen. Its no way they can place 197 Latinos in at 64 per class with only two classes to work with. So about 69 may not be going in.

    But please keep in mind that if a lot of people fail the run the Oc list will start. That is why some people from the Oc list has been process.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 9 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 9 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 04:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register