Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 467 of 1018 FirstFirst ... 367417457464465466467468469470477517567967 ... LastLast
Results 9,321 to 9,340 of 20345
Like Tree7726Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    There is lot right next to it, might be expensive. There is metered parking on the street but good luck finding it.
    It was actually a good time there.
    You can park for 12 hours for $10 at this one garage:

http://nyc.bestparking.com/print-bes...0&veh=1&t=srch

You have to be in by 2pm or later to get the discount. It only holds 64 cars so I'm not sure if it's usually full but hey, good to have options.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 99
    List #: 4XXX

Forum Member

IRT the number that's floating around, I just recieved it. It's to see if you were able to attend your meeting with your mentor. At least it was for me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Working out in the warm weather kinda sucks, i can't imagine how it will be in the middle of the summer with gear on. Still praying for july though
    Efff it gimme the heat let it burn lol it'll show is ready and who is really ready

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    Hang in there. 7xxx is not out of the question.
    you are making me nervous now, I thought that a score of 97 which I think was 7000 ish was said to be the estimated cuttoff by the commish.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    you are making me nervous now, I thought that a score of 97 which I think was 7000 ish was said to be the estimated cuttoff by the commish.

the estimated cutoff was around 8500 but as everyone said its just an educated guess

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    You're nuts haha, no offense. Good luck though in whatever's holding you
    Yea I am lol. But it's the military holding me back, not alot I can do about it.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:109
    List # XX

Forum Member

I went to the mentor thing today, basically no one showed up. Each mentor there was supposed to have 5 candidates, but it ended up being pretty much the opposite. They just had some food out and we sat around and just BS'd about fire department stuff, so that was cool. A LT there was saying that if we know anyone on the list to encourage them to attend the mentorship program.

We didn't actually get assigned mentors today though, I assume that is something that will come through email or something, I don't know.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    I went to the mentor thing today, basically no one showed up. Each mentor there was supposed to have 5 candidates, but it ended up being pretty much the opposite. They just had some food out and we sat around and just BS'd about fire department stuff, so that was cool. A LT there was saying that if we know anyone on the list to encourage them to attend the mentorship program.

We didn't actually get assigned mentors today though, I assume that is something that will come through email or something, I don't know.
    I was there yesterday, and we pretty much had a full house, every mentor had at least 2 I think. It was cool talking to them, but we all got to meet our mentors if they were yesterday.

Forum Member

When I went yesterday, we actually got assigned our mentors. After the whole chit chatting thing in the beginning, they had us all sit down, showed a video, and they started calling names. First they would call a fire fighter's name, then they would call the mentee's names that wnet with the said fire fighter. Then we would walk off with our mentor, and talk.

Forum Member

I was there today also. They assigned us mentors. What time were you there?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I was there yesterday, and we pretty much had a full house, every mentor had at least 2 I think. It was cool talking to them, but we all got to meet our mentors if they were yesterday.
    Beat me to the punch! LOL!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    I was there today also. They assigned us mentors. What time were you there?
    From 1:30-3:30.

Forum Member

From 1:30-3:30.
    Ah. Yea, in the morning they assigned us to mentors.

Forum Member

I'm just going to give them a call tomorrow and see if I can find anything out. There were seriously like 5-10 of us that actually showed up to that session.

Forum Member

Damn! Yea, we had a low turn out as well. Nothing like that though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by frankp88 View Post
    Efff it gimme the heat let it burn lol it'll show is ready and who is really ready
    Working in the heat isn't bad. It's sucks initially, but give it about 7-10 days and your body will acclimate. Stay hydrated..stay hydrated.. Stay hydrated...

Some things I would do before shipping out to Iraq was hang out in the sauna.. Maybe it was just mental but I felt the transition was easier..

Forum Member

I'm suppose to be doing a paper for college but here I am watching FDNY videos on youtube. The Rock probie class of 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_1RpAl40UE
    HopefulFF and mocon337 like this.

Forum Member

Nice find Danny. Which one is you, MM?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Nice find Danny. Which one is you, MM?
    I'll give you 3 hints: I was wearing red sweats, my department issued winter hat, and my firefighter gloves.
    HopefulFF and coldblood92 like this.

Forum Member

I dunno if I can do coordinated jumping jacks like that lol sometimes I end up with my feet and arms off tempo. I am def gonna get publicly abused.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Thread Information