Like Tree11344Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

My guess is its automated for people to fill out the survey. People have taken their CPAT weeks ago.....

Forum Member

Nevermind, just got it...on another note, im kind of ****ed that i wont make it to this july class cause of the whole situation...oh well, i really cant hate the phs for taking an opportunity that i would. Still kind of messed up...i hope you guys (phs) make the best of it
    FFwnt2b likes this.

Forum Member

I hope everyone that has the desire makes it, and the ones getting a second chance dont take it for granted. It's a tough situation and I hope that there will be a light at end of the tunnel sooner then later for all.

Forum Member

Ok, here's something I found out about that list I posted before. I just met with my mentor and one other candidate, the list is not made up of people who have completed all of the steps. Another candidate assigned to my mentor has failed his step mill 3 times now and is going to appeal it, but, he is on the list somewhere in the middle of it. So with this info, that means that there must be others on the list who also haven't completed all the steps. This list must be based solely on the written test scores.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Ok, here's something I found out about that list I posted before. I just met with my mentor and one other candidate, the list is not made up of people who have completed all of the steps. Another candidate assigned to my mentor has failed his step mill 3 times now and is going to appeal it, but, he is on the list somewhere in the middle of it. So with this info, that means that there must be others on the list who also haven't completed all the steps. This list must be based solely on the written test scores.
    failed the step mill 3x? jesus christ....
    River6019 and FdnytolifeE293 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    He is also an idiot. I thought he mistyped were=where but he did it twice... Lets face it if you scored a 89 on that exam you probably not the brightest mofo out there
    I'd be careful to say that, alot of your guys who got 99's had 10 points from somewhere, they will be in your academy classes and might be some of the best firemen you know.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian_patrick View Post
    I would love to know this guys circumstances, especially because he claims to have gotten "screwed" in the last section of the exam and is finally "catching a break in this whole mess". I feel the majority of these people who claim to have gotten screwed did not deserve it in the first place. Most of these individuals cant even spell or form sentences. Its these people who are ignorant and feel so entitled. People forget that this job has standards, and not to mention that all civil service jobs are crap shoots. I am sure most of you all were told the same thing as me, take every test. Most people who claim to have gotten screwed on this test should just go back to school, learn how to form sentences, then take every test.
    That doesn't change the fact that the last part was subjective and had nothing to do with cognitive ability or intelligence. If I had known to lie, then I too could have almost gotten a perfect score. I had two wrong on the first sections and like 17 partials on the short last section. If they were to change all the questions in the last part and allowed me to retake it, I would get a perfect score on that sections, because its not about intelligence,it's about the Vulcans trying to pull a fast one......Which won't work again on the next test.
    FdnytolifeE293 likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    He is also an idiot. I thought he mistyped were=where but he did it twice... Lets face it if you scored a 89 on that exam you probably not the brightest mofo out there
    Your comment is out of line, especially since His name is posted. All those names should be deleted from the thread and you should try not to be so negative. You don't know his personal situation, maybe be got a perfect score on every question, except for the ridiculous subjective personality questions that were meant to be anti cognitive and free points for those who couldn't read well.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 06-26-2013 at 06:23 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Those who asked what the hours were and when they'd "be served" lunch? Bad.

General observation of all candidates in attendance.......Why don't we try showing up on time, huh? Pathetic. On time is late! Late is grounds for termination! Wake up. Also, try some kakhis and a collared shirt! I can't tell you how many people came dressed for a Barbeque. This meeting opportunity takes place in the headquarters of the New York City Fire Department. All of the staff is showing up in uniform. Show a little respect and wear business casual attire. NO HATS!
    Bahahahaha oh boy. I think a few people might rethink their decision pretty quickly. For the rest it's going to be a lonnnnnng summer. We're the instructors present the DIs, or some of the hands on instructors?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    That doesn't change the fact that the last part was subjective and had nothing to do with cognitive ability or intelligence. If I had known to lie, then I too could have almost gotten a perfect score. I had two wrong on the first sections and like 17 partials on the short last section. If they were to change all the questions in the last part and allowed me to retake it, I would get a perfect score on that sections, because its not about intelligence,it's about the Vulcans trying to pull a fast one......Which won't work again on the next test.
    Thanks I second that !!!! Just because I jerked off my friend from high school once I got partial credit those that jerked off their high school friend more than five times got full credit .. I could've had lied too

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Thanks I second that !!!! Just because I jerked off my friend from high school once I got partial credit those that jerked off their high school friend more than five times got full credit .. I could've had lied too
    I chose to omit that particular question

Forum Member

Anyone get the latest email from JoinFDNY? Has a Probie video and manual.

Forum Member

I got it also. I'm going to print out the manual and start reading it.
    Exam #2000
    Score 10x
    List # 5x
    CPAT-4/30/2013
    Background-3/6/2013
    Medical-4/4/2013
    Written psych-4/7/2013
    1.5 mile run-7/15/2013
    Academy-7/29/2013

Forum Member

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/un...esources.shtml

That's the link for anyone that is interested.
    vekdoggs75 and River6019 like this.
    Exam #2000
    Score 10x
    List # 5x
    CPAT-4/30/2013
    Background-3/6/2013
    Medical-4/4/2013
    Written psych-4/7/2013
    1.5 mile run-7/15/2013
    Academy-7/29/2013

Forum Member

Not being a smartass in any way, but what's up with everyone running in tubesocks?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Not being a smartass in any way, but what's up with everyone running in tubesocks?
    I dont think they're tube socks. I believe those are calf support bands. They're supposed to help for running or anything for that matter.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

I can't believe they put the whole manual out there like that. That'll be included in my daily reading!
    vekdoggs75 and River6019 like this.

Forum Member

Well all that talk about the OC list not being touched for July might not be fully true. Just talked to my investigator and she told me that I need to take care of a couple things asap since I am from out of state, as I am being considered for the July class. She also said they just found out about all of this yesterday. So if you are in at least the top 100 maybe even up to 150, I would say to make sure you have everything squared away. She did say "considered" so I am not holding my breath, but I guess there is still a very good chance the OC list is started in July.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY-USCG View Post
    I got it also. I'm going to print out the manual and start reading it.
    You're gonna print out the entire thing? I was thinking of downloading it all and bringing it to staples to have it printed as well. Just making sure I'm not the only one lol.

EDIT: Just did the math, comes out to 1160 pages, excluding the Introduction and Orientation... So yeah, forget that lol.
    Last edited by Mtk123; 06-26-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    You're gonna print out the entire thing? I was thinking of downloading it all and bringing it to staples to have it printed as well. Just making sure I'm not the only one lol.
    Haha I was thinking the same thing. Didn't think of bring it to staples, good thinking.

Forum Member

LOL you won't be the only one. I ran out of toner on Chapter 9.
    Exam #2000
    Score 10x
    List # 5x
    CPAT-4/30/2013
    Background-3/6/2013
    Medical-4/4/2013
    Written psych-4/7/2013
    1.5 mile run-7/15/2013
    Academy-7/29/2013

Forum Member

EDIT: Just did the math, comes out to 1160 pages, excluding the Introduction and Orientation... So yeah, forget that lol.

Going to print it out at work after everyone leaves. Guess i have some new reading material in addition to this page.
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY-USCG View Post
    LOL you won't be the only one. I ran out of toner on Chapter 9.
    One of the only perks about working where I do. Boring office job, but I'm about to give their printers one hell of a workout.

BTW really hoping Grant's info is true. I guess we'll know for sure in a couple short weeks.
    vekdoggs75 and FDNY-USCG like this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    compression socks bro! Great for ankles, shins, and calfs....CEP are the best ones.

Forum Member

Staples advertises black and white printing for 7 cents per page for 1160 pages. It comes out to a little more than $80. I hate reading on computers and e-readers, so I may do it, just to have the stuff, especially since I may want to make notes, for whatever reason.

I still can't believe they put that out there. It seems like such a huge advantage going into the academy.

Thread Information