Like Tree11284Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    I really do wonder how they will deal with people who are high up on the list but do not qualify for the points they claim...has this happened to anyone yet? has anyone been notified that they have been bumped down?
    If you do not qualify for the points at the time of the Candidate Investigation, the points are deducted and you are given a new list number reflecting your score without the points.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYPDtoFD View Post
    MM is correct; for Tier 3 and 4 members, it is their three best consecutive years of service in terms of salary earned.
    Source:
    http://www.osc.state.ny.us/retire/pu...lary/index.php
    This may be true, however it doesn"t apply to anybody retiring now. If you have 20 yrs or more and are looking to get out you have the option of using your best 3 years or your last year and it definitely affects your pension. I think it might be tier 2. However your last year cannot exceed more than 20% of the year before so it pays to up your overtime in each of your last 3 years. The cutoff I believe was around the year 2000.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    Who was allowed to go to the meeting, and what did it consist of? I didn't hear about any meeting, but I have passed all of the steps so far in the process, including the medical.

I hope I didn't miss anything important.
    This "MEETING" was offered to anyone who ever participated in the FDNY Mentorship program. You should have signed up for it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    If you do not qualify for the points at the time of the Candidate Investigation, the points are deducted and you are given a new list number reflecting your score without the points.
    I understand that part. if this is so then why has no ones list number ahead of mine been bumped yet. since almost 600 people have completed the candidate investigation portion including myself

Forum Member

Email sent to me today, run scheduled for july 9th/ 7am. Going running now guys, good luck to all, notifications have begun.
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 07-01-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Forum Member

Are you a priority hire??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Email sent to me today, run scheduled for july 9th/ 7am. Going running now guys, good luck to all, notifications have begun.
    Did u just receive it or was it sent to ur inbox earlier today? I won't tell you good luck because you dont need it. Do your thing on the 9th!!

Forum Member

My list number IIS in the very very low 2000's..i Hope i get called by next July 2014

Forum Member

Default Bonkers!!!!!!!

Man, y'all got me going Nuts with these posts.... One min no OC's until next July then, none whatsoever, and then this July... I was all depressed telling myself screw it am taking the PD exam... this is driving me nuts... Lol.
    List #: 33XX

Forum Member

PTPer-
    my number is right by you man - hopefully sooner than later... looks like the very early OC will be going in to this class but also the remainder of eligible candidates off the EMS promo list and the majority if not all eligible priority hires. In other words it should be almost all OC from here on out

Im hoping to get paperwork after next july's class to process for the January 2015 class for my number early 3000s - does that sound reasonable?

Forum Member

Hopefully bro... I mean, this year is going by crazy fast so hopefully next year does also.
    List #: 33XX

Forum Member

So, I'm taking it as not too many people on here got an email for the run.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Correct. I'm curious to know if any OC guys got a letter, or was it just priority hire and EMS.
    Exam #2000
    Score 10x
    List # 5x
    CPAT-4/30/2013
    Background-3/6/2013
    Medical-4/4/2013
    Written psych-4/7/2013
    1.5 mile run-7/15/2013
    Academy-7/29/2013

Forum Member

Chad, i havent received anything yet. But then again, my new investigator told me he doesnt know if i would get the residency points even though my dd-214 says i joined from nyc. This whole process is so messed up...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Chad, i havent received anything yet. But then again, my new investigator told me he doesnt know if i would get the residency points even though my dd-214 says i joined from nyc. This whole process is so messed up...
    Did you graduate from a NYC highschool?

Forum Member

Did you graduate from a NYC highschool?
    Yes i did. I graduated from high school, went to college, joined the army all from nyc. I also have one checkings account from chase that shows my new york address from all of 2010 and 2011. I have one credit card that shows a half of year 2010 and one month out of 2011 with my nyc address. And have another usaa account from 2010 that also shows half of 2010 with my nyc address.

All this, and they still dont know if theyre going to give me the residency points.

Forum Member

None of my partners, myself or guys I know on EMS recieved anything today. From what I understand PH will get the first crack at it which makes sense due to the fact that they could have the highest failure rate. Let them run first then finish up EMS and bring in some OCs to reach 320 for a July class. EMS will have letters by the end of the week. The anxiety waking game continues. Can't wait to get this darn email so I can take a deep breath and enjoy my month off!
    Sit tight boys.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    None of my partners, myself or guys I know on EMS recieved anything today. From what I understand PH will get the first crack at it which makes sense due to the fact that they could have the highest failure rate. Let them run first then finish up EMS and bring in some OCs to reach 320 for a July class. EMS will have letters by the end of the week. The anxiety waking game continues. Can't wait to get this darn email so I can take a deep breath and enjoy my month off!
    Sit tight boys.
    Thanks for the Information.
    Exam #2000
    Score 10x
    List # 5x
    CPAT-4/30/2013
    Background-3/6/2013
    Medical-4/4/2013
    Written psych-4/7/2013
    1.5 mile run-7/15/2013
    Academy-7/29/2013

Forum Member

Thumbs down

In the same exact boat. Was informed last week that I had missing documents in order to get my residency points. Provided everything i could. we'll see i guess...

Forum Member

Yes i did. I graduated from high school, went to college, joined the army all from nyc. I also have one checkings account from chase that shows my new york address from all of 2010 and 2011. I have one credit card that shows a half of year 2010 and one month out of 2011 with my nyc address. And have another usaa account from 2010 that also shows half of 2010 with my nyc address.

All this, and they still dont know if theyre going to give me the residency points.
    I'm sure you will have to get it, I don't see what the problem is.

Forum Member

I'm sure you will have to get it, I don't see what the problem is.
    i was told by the person reviewing all the necessary documentation that the "judge" is being very particular and strict with those military claiming NYC residency. Apparently they feel we are potential scammers. GO FIGURE.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ice&Fire View Post
    In the same exact boat. Was informed last week that I had missing documents in order to get my residency points. Provided everything i could. we'll see i guess...
    Were you the gentleman that went on friday to see cid around 10am?

Forum Member

Were you the gentleman that went on friday to see cid around 10am?
    Probably, rounded up whatever supporting documents i could and rushed over there hoping for the best.

Forum Member

i was shocked when i got the email stating i was missing stuff. honestly thought i was all squared away. made me feel like i have a chance at july, but then it might be taken away...going crazy

Forum Member

Is it common for guys to fail the run? I mean you would think it's a ground ball after passing the medical. I just can't imaging that many guys failing.

Thread Information