couple of things...
just spoke to my investigator, I haven't been scheduled for my med yet. I know someone else mentioned they called and were able to find out their date, but they must be ahead of me on the list. My investigator said that does not mean my med will be after my psych though.
over the weekend at the rock I was picking the brain of a guy who passed the med on his second chance, he stressed what we hear here, just be able to do the 8 minutes and you'll be fine. 2 guys that were there with him couldnt do the full 8.
like almostthere mentioned, id say 95% of the guys Im speaking to at the rock are all saying theyd prefer to go in for january...more time to prepare, and it'll be easier to train in the winter than the summer
edit: to be clear, im pretty sure you need a legit reason & to be cleared to defer, just giving you a heads up of the mindset im hearing
I agree 100%. I'll run in 120 degree heat 5 days a week if that's what it takes to get in for July lol. I try not to judge anyone, everyones circumstances are different but when they tell me they'd prefer January....I just don't get that. I'd like to be in for...yesterday lol.
I can understand wanting to train in the cooler/colder weather but for this job I would go in any class regardless of weather. I can understand deferring because of extenuating circumstances but the weather , it wouldn't even cross my mind.
Quick question about the warm up on the step mill, the 3 minutes before the actual test with the vest on, are you allowed to hold on to the rails during those 3 minutes ? That makes a huge difference in HR. I do practice the step mill 3x a week with a 55 LBS vest on for 15-20 minutes each time and I run 4-6x a week but I'm still nervous about my HR. When I monitor myself while working out my HR is under what my max can be for the exam. But when my physical finally does come up I'm sure my heart will be beating a few extra beats per minute just from nerves.
Anyone between 250-280 receive their medical date yet?
I have my psychological this Saturday AM.
if you have to do 8 minutes, it would be with 75 or 50 pounds?
Medical is 50, cpat stairmill is the only 75lb one
I don’t think people are deferring due to weather. I believe they are just giving their opinion and would rather go in when it is cooler; but wouldn’t pass up this opportunity solely based on how hot or cold it would be. But there are candidates that have other personal issue they would like to resolve first before going into the July class, such as school, military, family issues, etc.
I heard from someone OTJ that went to a chiefs meeting and someone spoke their saying that the PHs don't have the option to defer or to be recycled. Anyone else hear that?
My investigator said that is not true. The PH’s will have the same options as the guys on the OC list. Also, if you have to defer, the term DCAS use is decline, you have to give a reason, but it doesn’t matter what reason you give them, they will honor it. But, you would have to go down to DCAS and re instate or tell them to keep your name on the list; and hopefully, you will be hired for the next class. See I used the word HOPEFULLY!!
Why chance it, what if there is no class in January.....
When they tell me I'm good, I'm going.
I am not aware of the exact numbers but a firefighter said a lot are passing the second medical. Out of 18 candidates today only two failed the medical.
almostthere nothing against you and I wish you the best in life.
BUT. I still don't understand why the city is processing PH's after the 2nd circuit court put a stay on the ruling. I hope the city is just covering there asses just in case the ruling goes against the city. MOREOVER i hope when it comes time for the class to go in the city turns around goes HAHA no boys we got this very nice stay on you gentlemen.
Anyway, I thought the second circuit appeal was based on not having a monitor oversee the hiring process in the future.