Like Tree10487Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    Priority Hire. I just got 3 text from guys I know
    on the Oc list that receive their emails for the same day. Two of the guys list numbers are in the top 50
    Quick question. Are your friends that are on the OC list numbers in the 10's, 20's, 30's etc. Just to have a better idea of where on the OC list they are up to

Forum Member

Almostthere call this number 7189992169. Tell them you are inquiring about your email for the 1.5 run. When you give them your name they can transfer you to your new investigator. You do not have the same investigator as you did with DCAS.
    Thanks, I was able to confirm but my investigator left for the day. I want to pick her brain about somethings. Do your thing on the 10th.

Forum Member

I just called that number. The investigator said they haven't processed anyone off of the OC list for the run.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY-USCG View Post
    I just called that number. The investigator said they haven't processed anyone off of the OC list for the run.
    Did you talk to your investigator or the lady that pick up? One of the guys from the OC list gave me that number to call after he got his letter for the run.

Forum Member

I know he got it because he post the video on face book of him jumping around like a little girl... Lol

Forum Member

Did you talk to your investigator or the lady that pick up? One of the guys from the OC list gave me that number to call after he got his letter for the run.
    I spoke to the lady that picked up. She didn't even let me talk to my investigator

Forum Member

I spoke to the lady that picked up. She didn't even let me talk to my investigator
    She told me the same thing. So I waited and call back and ask her can she check to make sure my email address was up to date. She ask my name and place me on hold another lady came on and told me she was my investigator.

Try calling back and asking to speck to your investigator. Just give them your name and they will let you know who your investigator is.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Thanks, I was able to confirm but my investigator left for the day. I want to pick her brain about somethings. Do your thing on the 10th.
    Try calling early in the am or around 2pm. That's what the Oc guy who gave me the number said.

Forum Member

Quick question. Are your friends that are on the OC list numbers in the 10's, 20's, 30's etc. Just to have a better idea of where on the OC list they are up to
    I know the one that post the video is in the middle 20's. The other two guys i don't know where in between they fall just know top 50's.

Forum Member

For guys that was asking what happens if you fail the run this was at the bottom of the email.

If you do not complete the run within the established 13 minute time limit, you will be transported by PFS staff to the Bureau of Health Services for further medical evaluation (medical assessment-Part B). Return transportation to Randall’s Island will also be provided. Appointment offers will be made only after successful completion of the run or medical assessment-Part B.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info. I'll call tomorrow again

Forum Member

Just spoke to a woman who identified herself as Quinn. She couldn't give info on individuals. She said they are getting swamped by calls and can't get emails out because of all the calls. She also said that emails and letters will continue to go out as they get approvals over the next week and a half.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire ant View Post
    Just spoke to a woman who identified herself as Quinn. She couldn't give info on individuals. She said they are getting swamped by calls and can't get emails out because of all the calls. She also said that emails and letters will continue to go out as they get approvals over the next week and a half.
    This is kind of weird because if runs are set for the 9, 10, and 15, would they have a substantial amount of time to get the letters emails out.

Forum Member

Only going by what she said. Spoke to her less than 10 minutes ago.

Forum Member

Like someone said, call to make sure your email is good. Even if you have to call your regular investigator to see what he has on file. You want two notifications in case the one gets lost in trash email, or regular post office mail.

Forum Member

I can only assume that woman "Quinn" is Peggy Quinn. She's in charge of hiring. Also the medical part b is something like 10 minutes on the stairs with the vest while you're HR is being monitored. I know one guy who got into proby school that way.

Forum Member

Do any one knows what happen after the run? I know it was said before they hand you study material. But what about uniforms and how soon before the Academy start do you get sworn in.

Forum Member

Uniforms are during the week before the academy begins. Sworn in is first or 2nd day. After the run from what I can remember we say there sweating while being scared ****less by the DIs. I think we may have gotten our proby manuals that day but I could be mistaken.

Forum Member

Top few guys on EMS list got them. Still nothing here. Living the nightmare all over again. Hopefully I'll make it through tomorrow without Swan diving off my terrace.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    Top few guys on EMS list got them. Still nothing here. Living the nightmare all over again. Hopefully I'll make it through tomorrow without Swan diving off my terrace.
    it could be worse, all I got in the mail today was a jury duty notice.........
    vekdoggs75 and NycQ83 like this.

Forum Member

Just a heads up the email will be coming from cid@fdny.nyc.gov.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kngnothen View Post
    Uniforms are during the week before the academy begins. Sworn in is first or 2nd day. After the run from what I can remember we say there sweating while being scared ****less by the DIs. I think we may have gotten our proby manuals that day but I could be mistaken.
    Thanks. Really appreciate it. Do you know how many uniforms do they give you. Shirts, shorts, pants and can you buy extras?
    Last edited by Fdnyman; 07-02-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Forum Member

Hopeful thanks for the smile lol

Forum Member

Could have very well been, I didn't hear her first name when she answered the phone. She was very nice, just couldn't give individual info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kngnothen View Post
    I can only assume that woman "Quinn" is Peggy Quinn. She's in charge of hiring. Also the medical part b is something like 10 minutes on the stairs with the vest while you're HR is being monitored. I know one guy who got into proby school that way.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I can see where you're coming from with that. Have you done the run from 6019 or will this be your first time?
    First time..

The only time I ran with a pacer was when we did the mile run before we left reception in basic training.. It's akward bc you can't see them.. And I just feel akward.

I can't remember but is the run on like a track? Or?

Thread Information