Like Tree9836Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Working out on a full stomach reduces the muscles ability to work as the blood is going to the stomach to aid in digestion/processing of food and nutrients..instead of delivering oxygen to the muscle(s) being trained
    You need Carbs for energy. Complex carbs such as oatmeal are the best carbs you can consume before a workout/run because it digests slow and provides your body with the energy it needs. You should not workout/run right after consuming a meal because your body utilizes energy to digest food and it may take energy away from your workout/run. The ideal time to workout/run is 1 - 3hrs after your meal and this waiting time really depends on how much food you consumed or full you feel.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBravest View Post
    Sad part is you would be surprised how some people actually show up...

In all seriousness, leave ALL your belongs in the car. Take your car keys and a pen.

DO NOT wear any buff attire.

Shave an extra layer of skin off your face.

Wear your clothing the way it is meant to be worn.

Cant hurt you to just shave your head now but its a bit early.

Odds are the senior drill instructor will be the same as the previous class. Best to start off on a good note. These guys remember faces and names surprisingly well. Your goal should be to make it through the academy as anonymous as possible.

Good luck. Stay classy.
    I am guilty of really wanting to hear about the funny stuff people show up doing.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I am guilty of really wanting to hear about the funny stuff people show up doing.
    For real.

I think all the REEEALLY hard core guys didn't make the list.

Forum Member

The worst part about not getting a letter for the run is that when the academy starts, the stories of people dropping out are just going to make me say, "glad they wasted a spot on that dude when I could have been there."

Forum Member

did anybody on here that got a letter for the run from ems and is on the promo list

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo1547 View Post
    did anybody on here that got a letter for the run from ems and is on the promo list
    Yea, we all got emails this week. Some running the 9th some on the 10th. Last batch of EMS emails goes out today a/p Peggy Quinn.
    I really hope that the OC gets cracked open the following week. From what I understand PH and EMS run next week so if enough PH fail (don't see a lot of ems failing) they could anticipate calling the OC guys for runs on two days the following week like 15th or 16th. I would really like to see some OC go in with us.
    Next week you'll figure it all out boys.
    I am just really glad 6 years of EMS is behind me. I wake up in a better mood and my headaches are gone.
    River6019 and joro89 like this.

Forum Member

If the temps stay high and the humidity doesn't break, it will be the difference for the guys that were on the edge of 13mins

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    Yea, we all got emails this week. Some running the 9th some on the 10th. Last batch of EMS emails goes out today a/p Peggy Quinn.
    I really hope that the OC gets cracked open the following week. From what I understand PH and EMS run next week so if enough PH fail (don't see a lot of ems failing) they could anticipate calling the OC guys for runs on two days the following week like 15th or 16th. I would really like to see some OC go in with us.
    Next week you'll figure it all out boys.
    I am just really glad 6 years of EMS is behind me. I wake up in a better mood and my headaches are gone.
    good luck next week bro. run like your boss is chasing you down to take you back to EMS

Forum Member

As a fellow Emt I know all the EMS guys would find a way to make it under 13 even if they had a broken leg. My buddy made it through with a small fracture in his foot cuz there was no way he planned on deferring.

Can't wait to hear if OC guys make the cut this class. I'm ready, I'm running it in 11 mins now and the first mile of where I run is all uphill.

Forum Member

Just got another email from CID.....Residency Requirements!

RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT ALERT!!

As indicated in the Exam 2000-Notice of Examination, and the Requirements and Reminder Notices, the New York Public Officers Law requires that any person employed as a Firefighter in the Fire Department of New York must be a resident of the City of New York, or of Nassau, Westchester, Suffolk, Orange, Rockland or Putnam Counties.

You must present 3 different types of recent proof of required residency.

Suggested forms of Acceptable Proof of Residency in the candidate’s name AND showing address in New York City or one of the Counties noted above include:
    Mortgage, lease or rent receipt; bills for cable, telephone, gas or electric, checking, savings; or credit cards statements; pre-printed W-2 forms and Unemployment Insurance documents.

The Fire Department of New York reserves the right to accept other documents in lieu of the above, under special circumstances which validate the various living arrangements as determined by the Department and approved by the Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS).

Those candidates who are scheduled for and successfully pass the RUN for the July 2013 class MUST present such proof NO LATER THAN July 22, 2013 at Administrative Processing Day. You can not be appointed as a Firefighter unless you meet the residency requirement.

If you are unable to meet this requirement by the due date, you may be reconsidered only during the life of your list (subject to available appointment vacancies.) Additionally, you will need to update your previous processing and documents and you will also be required to participate in another “Run” (Medical Assessment –Part B.)

Please contact your Investigator should you have any questions regarding residency proof. Please do not contact your investigator if you have already submitted 3 proofs as you will be notified if additional documentation is required.

Thank you for your cooperation.

​The Candidate Investigation Division
    ​(718) 999-2179/2169

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    I hope this helps anyone who is at about my running times for 2.5 miles which was at a 8min pace(2.5 miles in 20 min)

For workouts 1-15 reference to page 580 http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t121...0/#post1374062 (FDNY Exam 2000)

(16)2 miles at comfortable pace before upper-body workout
    (17) (VERY HOT DAY, took it easy) 2mile fartlek style run. Ran the curves slow straights fast
    *Stairmill - week 2
    (18) Took the day off but would have ran the 2 miles.
    (19) 1200m warm up. 4 1200m in 5:15(7min mile pace) 2min rest
    (20) 2 miles at comfortable pace before upper-body workout
    (21) 1600m warm up
    6 200m 40s rest 1:45
    6 100m strides, rest walk back to start
    1600m cool down.
    (22) Didn't run on July 4th (would have been 2 miles before upper body workout)
    (23) 2 3/4 miles at 7:08min mile pace (19:37)

This was in the awful heat and humidity we had this morning at 9:30
    CableGuy516 and jmarq like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    (22) Didn't run on July 4th (would have been 2 miles before upper body workout)
    (23) 2 3/4 miles at 7:08min mile pace (19:37)

This was in the awful heat and humidity we had this morning at 9:30
    Yeah, I ran a little while ago almost 2 miles, 1/2 of it uphill. It was freakin hot!
    Going out later to hit the track.
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 07-05-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Forum Member

Just called to get some clarifaction on this since it states you MUST bring in 3 proof of documents. Turns you dont need to if you already submitted them to your investigater as it states at the botton portion of the notice. I'm assuming this is a reminder for out of states residence moving back to the city for the final hiring process.

Forum Member

I was done with my proof, just posting it for those that are have residency requirement still in the balance. Hope it all works out for them.....good luck.

Forum Member

Well supposedly some people off the OC are running next week correct?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duke1011 View Post
    Well supposedly some people off the OC are running next week correct?
    If that is true, it will be nice to know what number on the OC list they stopped at.
    Exam #2000
    Score 10x
    List # 5x
    CPAT-4/30/2013
    Background-3/6/2013
    Medical-4/4/2013
    Written psych-4/7/2013
    1.5 mile run-7/15/2013
    Academy-7/29/2013

Forum Member

I also ran today around 10am, brutal humidity. Did 3 miles of interval training. Looking forward to the fall, good luck to those running next week

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY-USCG View Post
    If that is true, it will be nice to know what number on the OC list they stopped at.
    Yeah would be nice to know

Forum Member

I could've sworn someone wrote up till #50, I think it was few pages back.

Forum Member

I go to my mailbox to check the mail. I see there is a letter from DCAS. My heart starts racing, and I have the biggest grin on my face in front of my wife. I open the letter, and it says congratulations for passing the CPAT.
    HopefulFF and FdnytolifeE293 like this.
    Exam #2000
    Score 10x
    List # 5x
    CPAT-4/30/2013
    Background-3/6/2013
    Medical-4/4/2013
    Written psych-4/7/2013
    1.5 mile run-7/15/2013
    Academy-7/29/2013

Forum Member

just one persons opinion but it seems like it would make sense for them not to call any OC people until after the 9th & 10th. They could run through all the PHs and EMS and then have a good idea of how many OC people to bring down for the run on the 15th

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I could've sworn someone wrote up till #50, I think it was few pages back.
    It's not top 50, but I know someone said a page or two ago that they knew someone in the 20's that got a letter.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    I know the one that post the video is in the middle 20's. The other two guys i don't know where in between they fall just know top 50's.
    Yeah, really don't know where they are on the list by the wording, maybe he can get a exact number for you.

Forum Member

Its not going to be certain what list # they reach on the OC list until the run on the 15th. Thats when most of, if not all, OC runners will be.
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

Did any EMS promos not get their letter/e-mail yet?

Thread Information