Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 477 of 1197 FirstFirst ... 377427467474475476477478479480487527577977 ... LastLast
Results 9,521 to 9,540 of 23925
Like Tree9374Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #9521
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by getting ready View Post
    I dunno man, it depends. The bp is what worries me more though. I honestly don't know why this happens and I need to fix it...
    I'm the same way. My doc always needs to read my BP like 3-4 times for an accurate reading.


  2. #9522
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I'm the same way. My doc always needs to read my BP like 3-4 times for an accurate reading.
    I've lurked for a bit on here, so I know you took the previous test. How did this go over last time around?

  3. #9523
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Just had the pleasure to meet a top senior man. 37 years on the job......Jesus. He told me that he will have to get forced out because he loves this job so much and will not let it go, pretty inspiring IMO. For you guys going to the cpat prep at the rock and are happy with your timing just remember one thing (if they have the same format as in 08'), you get off the stairmill upstairs and your time is stopped till you walk down the stairs, that gives you time to rest and catch your breath a bit. Don't think because you had a time of 8:55 you are good to go on the real thing. You have a total of 3 secs to catch your breath on the real thing for them to just take off those extra 25 pounds for the first station. Adrenaline and nerves kick in and you get winded very quickly after so don't take it lightly.

  4. #9524
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    You have a great list number; DO NOT reschedule anything else. If you're serious about taking this job, you need to forget about whatever store you're working at right now. You should absolutely call out sick to make sure you get to all these appointments on schedule. If you're on the fence about taking the job or not sure you want it, that's fine. Don't take the spot from someone who does for sure. I'm not busting your chops, but what are you thinking?
    Nah, you're right man. I reconsidered this, and actually went through the trouble of rescheduling it back to April 20 for my psych. Thankfully the lady at CID is awesome, and didn't mind changing it back.

    I want this job too much, and if it means calling out one or two days, its gonna happen, I don't care.

    I am physically, medically and psychologically fit to get through this hiring process, so I think doing everything as fast as possible is what I should do.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

    list number: 2xx

  5. #9525
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by getting ready View Post
    I've lurked for a bit on here, so I know you took the previous test. How did this go over last time around?
    I assume you mean the blood pressure? I was a little high when I got measured the first time prob due to nerves. By the time I met with the doctor I was alright. It's still a concern for me though because it happens too much for my liking when I get it read.

  6. #9526
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Just had the pleasure to meet a top senior man. 37 years on the job......Jesus. He told me that he will have to get forced out because he loves this job so much and will not let it go, pretty inspiring IMO. For you guys going to the cpat prep at the rock and are happy with your timing just remember one thing (if they have the same format as in 08'), you get off the stairmill upstairs and your time is stopped till you walk down the stairs, that gives you time to rest and catch your breath a bit. Don't think because you had a time of 8:55 you are good to go on the real thing. You have a total of 3 secs to catch your breath on the real thing for them to just take off those extra 25 pounds for the first station. Adrenaline and nerves kick in and you get winded very quickly after so don't take it lightly.
    Just curious to know what RANK HE WAS WITH 37 YEARS otj? FF, LT, Capt?

  7. #9527
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    Just curious to know what RANK HE WAS WITH 37 YEARS otj? FF, LT, Capt?
    Battalion commander I think he said?? Never heard of that rank honestly, I thought it was battalion chief....

  8. #9528
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I assume you mean the blood pressure? I was a little high when I got measured the first time prob due to nerves. By the time I met with the doctor I was alright. It's still a concern for me though because it happens too much for my liking when I get it read.

    Gotcha. So they let you move on with the rest of it, even after reading a bit high. That's good to know.

    On a related note, do they not allow people to go through who have controlled (with meds) hypertension?

  9. #9529
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    424

    Default

    I think most times will be lower than the cpat at the rock. For one you don't have to climb stairs just to get to the stairmill, then after you have to walk down those same stairs, then hitting the flat tire takes a few more strikes than the machine they have you hit. Either way i dont think anyone should let up at all after cpat.

  10. #9530
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    [QUOTE=getting ready;1364154]Gotcha. So they let you move on with the rest of it, even after reading a bit high. That's good to know.

    On a related note, do they not allow people to go through who have controlled (with meds) hypertension?[/QUOTE

    Not sure about BP meds. Might have to have a guy OTJ answer that one for you because I don't want to give you bad info.

  11. #9531
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    653

    Default

    They start the clock when you get to each station, it's supposed to resemble the actual test. Yes, it's a little off, but should give people an idea.

  12. #9532
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    47

    Default

    I hate to bother you guys seeing as I'm new tot he group, but I was wondering if you guys could help me out. Has anyone above list number 550 received a psych or medical date? I'm checking everyday and neither has come and I'm sort of nervous. Thank you.

  13. #9533
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Battalion commander I think he said?? Never heard of that rank honestly, I thought it was battalion chief....
    Every battalion has 4 battalion chiefs assigned. One, usually the most senior, is given the title of Battalion Commander. While he shares the same rank, some big decisions and policy are left to be made by him/her. The same is true with divisions. 4 deputy chiefs, one is the division commander.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  14. #9534
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Every battalion has 4 battalion chiefs assigned. One, usually the most senior, is given the title of Battalion Commander. While he shares the same rank, some big decisions and policy are left to be made by him/her. The same is true with divisions. 4 deputy chiefs, one is the division commander.
    Thank you for clearing that up.
    By any chance did any of the guys OTJ here get a proby or will you get one at your firehouse this week?

  15. #9535
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Thank you for clearing that up.
    By any chance did any of the guys OTJ here get a proby or will you get one at your firehouse this week?
    Pretty much everyone has a proby this week, next week or both. Why?

  16. #9536
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Pretty much everyone has a proby this week, next week or both. Why?
    Just wondering what would happen if you guys get called to a job with the proby there, would he be held back or does he take full part of the fire fighting with you guys?

  17. #9537
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Spoke with my Investigator finally as I haven't been able to get in touch with her. I asked if there was a date for my medical or psych and she said, " it's pending." Does that mean that I just don't have a date yet? She wouldn't elaborate and said she would call me back. I'm a bit concerned.

  18. #9538
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    67

    Default

    So I am still trying to figure out my chances for making it in the academy for july. I finished bringing all required documents to my investigator, I have my psych this Saturday, but I still haven't gotten my medical date. I also have yet to receive a date to take the CPAT test, even though I got the letter a few weeks ago about the CPAT orientation dates.

    So, has anyone around my list number gotten a medical, or a CPAT Test date? Has anybody around my list number already taken their CPAT?

    I could have sworn somebody said that the last date for CPATS is in the middle of May, which is really soon. So I am worried that I may have missed out on some CPAT information, regarding a possible test date of mine.

    Also, I wasn't able to make it to the CPAT orientation at long island city a few weeks ago. That wasn't where they assigned you a CPAT test date was it?
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

    list number: 2xx

  19. #9539
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    47

    Default

    From what I've seen, you are around what everyone else with your list number has. I'm still trying to figure out what "it's pending" means when I asked my investigator for a psych or medical date. Guess I don't have one yet.

  20. #9540
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    So I am still trying to figure out my chances for making it in the academy for july. I finished bringing all required documents to my investigator, I have my psych this Saturday, but I still haven't gotten my medical date. I also have yet to receive a date to take the CPAT test, even though I got the letter a few weeks ago about the CPAT orientation dates.

    So, has anyone around my list number gotten a medical, or a CPAT Test date? Has anybody around my list number already taken their CPAT?

    I could have sworn somebody said that the last date for CPATS is in the middle of May, which is really soon. So I am worried that I may have missed out on some CPAT information, regarding a possible test date of mine.

    Also, I wasn't able to make it to the CPAT orientation at long island city a few weeks ago. That wasn't where they assigned you a CPAT test date was it?
    The instructor at Randall's Island tonight said that letters should be going out for the CPAT this week and tests should start on the 28th.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 51 users browsing this thread. (15 members and 36 guests)

  1. 4040clubBouncer,
  2. BklynFDNY89,
  3. bkopie,
  4. cjr,
  5. Doubler33,
  6. EKFCASPER,
  7. F1R3DNY_Alphabet_City,
  8. FDsouthbxNY,
  9. Gheech,
  10. Gomer Pyle,
  11. ireedmymail,
  12. Manhattan Medic,
  13. Matador611,
  14. New Flyer,
  15. ramabdel12

Similar Threads

  1. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  2. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:08 AM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts