Like Tree11270Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Wow! This guy should be fired for what he did as well as the arrest. There's no room for thug mentality in this dept. well looks like one more spot open for the taking. Good luck next week guys ��
    I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    Wow! This guy should be fired for what he did as well as the arrest. There's no room for thug mentality in this dept. well looks like one more spot open for the taking. Good luck next week guys ��

Wow, you got promoted from FDNY candidate to judge and jury? Congrats.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

Default Next promo

Hey guys and gals. I rarely post but heard some rumors going around about next promo test will be in march 2014. A friend of mine said a instructor told him. I've heard it from other guys on FDNY EMS as well. Again it's just a rumor but its timing sounds about right since we qualify for promo in October (2 years experience) and that would set us up nicely for 2015 academy

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    Who knows what will happen, but i was talking to a relative who is a Lt, he also said he was done. He was in shock, and was upset to see someone throw a great career away.
    Of course, he was just going by what was reported.....

Forum Member

Hmmmm sounds like he may have been off the first an only class of 6019 if he is just 5 years in..... Karma is a bitch son I hope he gets the max!!!!

6019 never dyin always breathin. Only the strongest survive this ordeal that we have been going through

One day I hope to join the elite...never take anything for granted

Forum Member

You know your right, it may happen to be a media hype from what really happen. But, what if there was a camera around or something with solid proof, then I'm sorry to say one spot more opened up for the taking. I don't mean disrespect to the rest of the dept but this guy was just dead wrong if what the paper said to be true.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mo2012 View Post
    Hey guys and gals. I rarely post but heard some rumors going around about next promo test will be in march 2014. A friend of mine said a instructor told him. I've heard it from other guys on FDNY EMS as well. Again it's just a rumor but its timing sounds about right since we qualify for promo in October (2 years experience) and that would set us up nicely for 2015 academy
    Everything I've ever heard says that promos are only going to happen in conjunction with OC lists. And that makes more sense because why would they again deplete the EMS ranks after doing so this year. Also they have thousands of OC candidates who are perfectly hireable. Most of us in 01-13 had more than 2 years in EMS, many had 6-10 because of 6019. We all waited our turn, you can too.

Ugh get over yourself. If the article is correct then I'd say the guy is out of a job too.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Everything I've ever heard says that promos are only going to happen in conjunction with OC lists. And that makes more sense because why would they again deplete the EMS ranks after doing so this year. Also they have thousands of OC candidates who are perfectly hireable. Most of us in 01-13 had more than 2 years in EMS, many had 6-10 because of 6019. We all waited our turn, you can too.

Ugh get over yourself. If the article is correct then I'd say the guy is out of a job too.
    Hey MM, off topic, but it is true probies are on probation for 18 months now??? Also, does this affect raises?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DFDNY444 View Post
    Hey MM, off topic, but it is true probies are on probation for 18 months now??? Also, does this affect raises?
    Yes, however if you review the NOE it's always been in there. Raises... I'm not so sure about. I kinda think no, because changing the pay scale would involve contract changes, and there's been none of that.

Forum Member

Excuse me? Get over myself? Who the f*ck are you? IF, if you havent already f*cking learned, is a very big word on this job. Throwing this guy under the bus before anything comes out is a flat out DICK move, and i will call out anyone who does it. Ive seen guys get bad reputations based on completely false BS. People here should know better....especially those of you with prior city time.
    Last edited by nyckftbl; 07-07-2013 at 12:42 AM.
    BrooklynBravest likes this.

Forum Member

Mostly likely all winter and summer class will be all OC. 2015 will be promo mixed with OC. And waiting? If they call me bro I'm going in sorry. Life's not fair

Forum Member

I meant all 2014 winter and summer will be OC. After that promo in 2015

Forum Member

Excuse me? Get over myself? Who the f*ck are you? IF, if you havent already f*cking learned, is a very big word on this job. Throwing this guy under the boss before anything comes out is a flat out DICK move, and i will call out any of you pieces of sh*t who do it. Ive seen guys get bad reputations based on completely false BS. People here should know better.
    I don't think anybody is throwing him under the bus yet, I mean it's automatic in my mind to take a story from the post/news with a grain of salt. Sucks though cause if the story is even half true then he's big trouble. The only thing worse would be if it was all BS like you said, since clearing his name is not going to be fun.

Mostly likely all winter and summer class will be all OC. 2015 will be promo mixed with OC. And waiting? If they call me bro I'm going in sorry. Life's not fair
    I don't see it happening that quickly. But if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Manhattan Medic; 07-07-2013 at 12:53 AM.

Forum Member

I don't think anybody is throwing him under the bus yet, I mean it's automatic in my mind to take a story from the post/news with a grain of salt. Sucks though cause if the story is even half true then he's big trouble. The only thing worse would be if it was all BS like you said, since clearing his name is not going to be fun.

So exactly which part of my post was worthy of "getting over myself"? Someone here called for him to be fired. Did you even read the post I responded to?
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

Excuse me? Get over myself? Who the f*ck are you? IF, if you havent already f*cking learned, is a very big word on this job. Throwing this guy under the bus before anything comes out is a flat out DICK move, and i will call out anyone who does it. Ive seen guys get bad reputations based on completely false BS. People here should know better....especially those of you with prior city time.
    Also weren't his FD friends involved also? harder to believe a bunch of FD guys just decided to rob a cop.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Also weren't his FD friends involved also? harder to believe a bunch of FD guys just decided to rob a cop.
    Im not saying its not possible, or that this guy needs to have the book thrown at him if its true. But until more of the story comes out, stomping on his grave is not only a d*ck move, but its incredibly naive, especially for those here who should know better. It happens A LOT more with PD and EMS than it does with us, but the great citizens of this city like to pretend that if things dont go their way, even if they are suffering a life changing emergency, someone needs to be blamed. Lets not pretend that the cops dont have same "lowering of hiring standards" issues that many blame this and other f*ckups on.

Forum Member

Im not saying its not possible, or that this guy needs to have the book thrown at him if its true. But until more of the story comes out, stomping on his grave is not only a d*ck move, but its incredibly naive, especially for those here who should know better. It happens A LOT more with PD and EMS than it does with us, but the great citizens of this city like to pretend that if things dont go their way, even if they are suffering a life changing emergency, someone needs to be blamed. Lets not pretend that the cops dont have same "lowering of hiring standards" issues that many blame this and other f*ckups on.

I agree. They were even hiring people with slight records when they were had contract. I still don't believe the media and agree with you
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I agree. They were even hiring people with slight records when they were had contract. I still don't believe the media and agree with you
    Well it may be true or maybe not. But something happen because it's in the news for a reason.

Forum Member

Uh, probably not. There is no need for another promotional list. The city isn't short candidates. Strange things can happen, but I'd make a sure bet that the next promo will coincide with the next OC.

Forum Member

Hey guys.

So if this next summer class is going in late July (basically August) we can safely assume it will be over by the end of December, correct? (5 months in the academy)

Which if that's the case, what realistic dates do we see the "January 2014" class going in? Will it really be January? Thoughts?

(this is basically me trying to find any excuse to not take a winter break college course, haha)

Forum Member

Pure speculation, but probably not until very late January/early February. This is because the last of the EMS Promos don't become eligible for promotion until the end of January, so I would imagine they wouldn't hold the class until they become eligible and can wipe out the rest of the EMS promos, leaving nothing but the OC list from then on out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    Hmmmm sounds like he may have been off the first an only class of 6019 if he is just 5 years in..... Karma is a bitch son I hope he gets the max!!!!

6019 never dyin always breathin. Only the strongest survive this ordeal that we have been going through

One day I hope to join the elite...never take anything for granted
    You hope he "gets the max"?? You read some BS story in a paper barely fit for birdcage lining, on par with the nat'l enquirer for accuracy, known for both omitting facts and creating "facts," regularly butchering any semblance of truth, and as soon as they draw a bullseye on a member who is also a marine and war vet, you take it as gospel and pick up a pitchfork and a torch.

I hope you can keep your nose clean for the rest of your life though, because theres an army of morons just like you just waiting and hoping for you to f u c k u p. Theyll be more than happy to villify what youve done without the need for any kind of trial either.

Youre right about one thing though: Karma is a bitch son. Im gonna have a nice little chuckle when that one comes back to bite you.
    To Persist is to Conquer.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Hey guys.

So if this next summer class is going in late July (basically August) we can safely assume it will be over by the end of December, correct? (5 months in the academy)

Which if that's the case, what realistic dates do we see the "January 2014" class going in? Will it really be January? Thoughts?

(this is basically me trying to find any excuse to not take a winter break college course, haha)

I think word started getting out about the July class starting on the 29th sometime around early March so IF that happens again maybe sometime around the end of Sept we'd have an idea about the January class?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkylinePCG View Post
    You hope he "gets the max"?? You read some BS story in a paper barely fit for birdcage lining, on par with the nat'l enquirer for accuracy, known for both omitting facts and creating "facts," regularly butchering any semblance of truth, and as soon as they draw a bullseye on a member who is also a marine and war vet, you take it as gospel and pick up a pitchfork and a torch.

I hope you can keep your nose clean for the rest of your life though, because theres an army of morons just like you just waiting and hoping for you to f u c k u p. Theyll be more than happy to villify what youve done without the need for any kind of trial either.

Youre right about one thing though: Karma is a bitch son. Im gonna have a nice little chuckle when that one comes back to bite you.
    Hey idiot.... I'm one of those 6019 guys that had their life taken away for 6 years now by the judge and vulcans.... So to see a story like that really gets Someone like myself on edge a bit..... If you only endured half of the things that I have over the last half decade I'm sure your tune would change juuuuust a little...... I can only hope you watch your mouth on what you say an who you say it to bc it may come back to bite you in the end.

Thread Information