Like Tree9522Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    If that is the case, when do you think the mid 15## will be called? I'm hedging on next July but wishing and hoping for January.
    I was talking to a few guys last week who are OTJ. They said stay vigilant prepared because the OC list moves VERY fast. And that was for me, who's 600+ #s behind you.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Medic I think you hit it with July 2014 but I hope you're in in January too- I think especially toward the top the list will move slower, later down the list they may process significantly more candidates to fill a class

Forum Member

Thanks man. I needed a pick me up. Who knows perhaps we shall be in the same class if the planets align in our favor......

Forum Member

I'm 22xx and like I previously said have my fingers crossed for July 14. As they go deeper into the OC list the rate usually raises (1-3, to 1-5, just an example) like previously said people find jobs lose interest, stop training. The best thing you can do it stay fit and stay hopeful. Hopefully they exhaust this list to the max like they've been saying

Forum Member

Yeah man I know. I used my Veterans points for this and left my job to go back to school to get a degree so that when the time comes I can take the Lt's exam - which I know is getting ahead of myself. Anyways I'm training like a machine I run quite a bit. I live in Williamsburg two stops from Bedford if anyone out there is looking for a running partner. And I've got my fingers crossed for you as well bro.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    Yeah man I know. I used my Veterans points for this and left my job to go back to school to get a degree so that when the time comes I can take the Lt's exam - which I know is getting ahead of myself. Anyways I'm training like a machine I run quite a bit. I live in Williamsburg two stops from Bedford if anyone out there is looking for a running partner. And I've got my fingers crossed for you as well bro.
    I live right over there man. In GP. I usually either run over there to go over WBurg Bridge or go swimming at the Metro Pool or go from McCarren track into LIC. PM me if you can. Where do you usually run?
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

The night before my 1.5m run seems like a lifetime ago, yet it was only 6 months. I think the right feeling to have, if there is one, is being at the top of the big first hill on a roller coaster, looking down at the immense drop and screaming your balls off.

Good luck to everyone running this week. I hope you're ready to put in the work needed, because you're a scumbag if you quit in the first week or 2 and therefore deprive someone of that spot.
    JerkAlert, DannyD0pe and dwm326 like this.

Forum Member

Something tells me page 600 is gonna be pretty interesting.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

I hate to be a debbie downer but as of lately every time we expect or hope for something, the exact opposite seems to happen.. and when I say lately I mean the past 6 years lol

Trying to not expect anything I guess thats all I'm saying.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    I hate to be a debbie downer but as of lately every time we expect or hope for something, the exact opposite seems to happen.. and when I say lately I mean the past 6 years lol

Trying to not expect anything I guess thats all I'm saying.
    All you guys should really be worried about is that this class goes in, and your own physical condition. As long as hiring continues unabated they'll get to you guys.

Forum Member

4 people failed, I think 2 EMS, maybe 3, and I think 1 priority hire. Don't know if anyone was takin without us knowing, but at least 4.

Forum Member

Guys, there's a lot of speculation and questions about the OC list being asked....IT'S TOO SOON! There is ZERO information. Your list hasn't been used to hire a single person, not one. It's 4 year life, apparently, hasn't started. No one can make any predictions about hiring trends.....BECAUSE THERE'S BEEN NO HIRING. Stop trying to guess. This process is slow and it'll take at least two or three classes of OC hiring before you can establish any sort of pattern, so stop driving yourselves crazy while there is a complete lack of information.

Breathe, relax and live your life. The time will come.
    Medic2312 likes this.

Forum Member

Since today is the first run, I'm looking forward to insane rumors that are due to spring up in a few hours. It helps pass time at the office.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    4 people failed, I think 2 EMS, maybe 3, and I think 1 priority hire. Don't know if anyone was takin without us knowing, but at least 4.
    4 out of how many? The group you ran with? Everyone running today?

Forum Member

Out of the whole group, I don't know exactly how many people were there.

Forum Member

Out of the whole group, I don't know exactly how many people were there.
    Just curious, did they do it like they did for 6019 where they brought in a huge group and split it up into two groups of about 50 running. One group waited inside while the other went and ran? Or was it just one big group that ran today?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Just curious, did they do it like they did for 6019 where they brought in a huge group and split it up into two groups of about 50 running. One group waited inside while the other went and ran? Or was it just one big group that ran today?
    2 groups, 1 at a time....and yes, you wait inside.

Forum Member

The ems guy that I spoken to said that there was about 50 people for the run. They split them up into group a/b. He said 4 ems and 2 Ph 1 girl 1 guy fail.

Forum Member

Ffwnt2b did they give you study material. When you go back on the 22nd did they tell you what forms that will need to be fill out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    The ems guy that I spoken to said that there was about 50 people for the run. They split them up into group a/b. He said 4 ems and 2 Ph 1 girl 1 guy fail.
    He may be right, they brought 4 people into the auditorium, that's why I said 4. Looked like the girl got injured during the run.

Forum Member

He may be right, they brought 4 people into the auditorium, that's why I said 4. Looked like the girl got injured during the run.
    What was your time? If you don't mind me asking.

Forum Member

Ffwnt2b did they give you study material. When you go back on the 22nd did they tell you what forms that will need to be fill out.
    They give you the probie manuals, and they give you the job offer letter. They also give you a letter to decline if you decide you don't want it. Also, beneficiary application, reading assignments, and regulation manuals.

Forum Member

What was your time? If you don't mind me asking.
    They don't tell you the time, but when you cross a certain point, they yelled out 11 min., and the finish was a about 10-15 seconds after that.

Forum Member

Yea he did say the girl got injured. How many people were there? He said about 50. Were there 50 per group or 50 total making it 25 people per group.

Forum Member

They give you the probie manuals, and they give you the job offer letter. They also give you a letter to decline if you decide you don't want it. Also, beneficiary application, reading assignments, and regulation manuals.
    Thanks...By the way congrats man job well done.

Thread Information