Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 480 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 380430470477478479480481482483490530580980 ... LastLast
Results 9,581 to 9,600 of 23410
Like Tree9175Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I'm not sure what type of heart rate monitor they use but if its the one where they just strap that thing around your chest and there's the plastic piece in the front on the bottom of your sternum then those things are usually pretty inaccurate.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    I'm not sure what type of heart rate monitor they use but if its the one where they just strap that thing around your chest and there's the plastic piece in the front on the bottom of your sternum then those things are usually pretty inaccurate.
    It's a Polaris heart monitor, I plan on purchasing one to monitor my running workouts. I have a Bowflex watch, but I like the Polaris ones better.

Forum Member

That's the monitor they use. I had the same emotions and was confused as the guys taking the medical now in regards to the medical (Stairmaster). I believe a lot of guys heart rate is good but the monitor they are using is inaccurate. It seems that the guys currently OJT (currently on this site) is/will not question the validity of our concerns, but their is definitely an issue with this situation. Instead, you guys are saying just work out, you guys aren't in shape etc. But, in all actuality, we are in enough shape to at least pass this simple medical (heart rate) situation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    It's a Polaris heart monitor, I plan on purchasing one to monitor my running workouts. I have a Bowflex watch, but I like the Polaris ones better.
    Wear it for everything bro, not just for running. I use mine when I'm in the gym, running, biking, at the park doing calisthenics. After a while you won't even have to look at it to know in what range your HR is at. Trust me it helps.
    FFwnt2b likes this.

Forum Member

So basically the only way to pass the medical seems to be able to stay on the step mill for 8 minutes.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

The investigation for the background has officially started. My references received something in the mail today.
    Last edited by almostthere; 04-18-2013 at 12:10 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    So basically the only way to pass the medical seems to be able to stay on the step mill for 8 minutes.
    Not the only way, but as everyone else are stating, just prepare yourself for 8 minutes.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    The investigation for the background has officially started. My references received something in the mail today.
    do you mean the 3 people we had to provide them, or are they contacting your employer?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    do you mean the 3 people we had to provide them, or are they contacting your employer?
    The three people we had to provide them. On intake, they stated they will contact our employers down the line of the interview process.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    He means the 3 people you had to provide them. They get sent like a mini questionnaire asking how awesome and what a responsible person you are lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Sorry, it's called Polar heart monitor.

Forum Member

The three people we had to provide them. On intake, they stated they will contact our employers down the line of the interview process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    He means the 3 people you had to provide them. They get sent like a mini questionnaire asking how awesome and what a responsible person you are lol
    Thanks guys.

Forum Member

Yea I have something similar that I use and its never completely accurate, sometimes grossly inaccurate

Forum Member

Do you know how strict they are with past employment? Got fired from a job when i was 16 so i hope that wont screw me over

Forum Member

Sorry, I am not sure. But at 16, I am assuming they wont scrutinize it unless you got fired for stealing, drugs, etc.

The resting HR and 2x resting HR sounds new to me.
    Most likely the dept doing a little CYA as part of the process.
    I won't advocate the exercising before getting monitored, as especially your HR will be jacked up over nerves. As MM said, it gives a little buffer, but it's manipulating the outcome.

You guys in great shape (as you should be coming into the medical) should have no problem on the next go around.

Hang tough.
    My1Goal and vekdoggs75 like this.

Forum Member

Just got my cpat dates. 5/4, 5/16, 5/22.
    Im in the 340s
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

A buddy who was in the jan class but got injured and is suppose to go back in July said his investigator told him that they are filling the class in the order of PH, promo, and then OC.
    These are the kind of quotes that lead me to believe the investigators actually have little to no idea about the hiring process. You can't blame them for speculating for your friend who probably asked but that info is just plain wrong. Its promo then PHs simultaneously along with the OC list at a 3/2 ratio.

The investigators are just there to investigate you, I doubt they know much more about what list number we'll get to than you or I.
    FDsouthbxNY and HopefulFF like this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Received CPAT Dates: 5/2, 5/16, 5/21
    @2xx

Forum Member

It was a pleasure meeting you yesterday! You'll kill the CPAT, but good luck anyway! Hope I get my dates soon.

Thread Information