Like Tree9519Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #12001
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    Yea he did say the girl got injured. How many people were there? He said about 50. Were there 50 per group or 50 total making it 25 people per group.
    I would say more than that, maybe 100 for the entire group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    Thanks...By the way congrats man job well done.
    Thanks, this is just the beginning. Hope you get the shot as well.....

  2. #12002
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Is it only two days of runs this week? Today and tomorrow?

  3. #12003
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    The ems guy that I spoken to said that there was about 50 people for the run. They split them up into group a/b. He said 4 ems and 2 Ph 1 girl 1 guy fail.
    So 94/100 passed the run? That is a 94% passing rate and pretty damn high. But then again I expected the passing rate for EMS to be high because they had an extra 6 months to train and the PHs were trained very hard by the Vulcans. Congrats to those that put in the hard work and passed.

    P.S: I expect the run's passing rate to be slightly lower as it goes further down the list.

  4. #12004
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20

    Default

    What we don't know is if there were any no-shows.....what can you realistically expect? 3 or 4?

  5. #12005
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    104

    Default

    My buddy who ran today told me that a Lt said there were OC guys running today. Just passing along what I heard

  6. #12006
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Also, I really couldn't believe people showed up late. Guys strolling in at 7am. This is really the first step to the academy, and this is how you portray yourself? The DI's were not happy........

  7. #12007
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Also, I really couldn't believe people showed up late. Guys strolling in at 7am. This is really the first step to the academy, and this is how you portray yourself? The DI's were not happy........
    And this is only the first step... Unfortunately some of those guys will make it all the way through the academy with that attitude. In the mean time get ready to pay for them.

  8. #12008
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    844

    Default

    Is it just one run per day or do they have a couple of runs in a day ?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  9. #12009
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    And this is only the first step... Unfortunately some of those guys will make it all the way through the academy with that attitude. In the mean time get ready to pay for them.
    I am not kidding, this young guy showed up at 9:30. I don't know what happened but they took him in the back.
    Yes, unfortunately we will pay for their tardiness.

  10. #12010
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NYC/Washington Heights
    Posts
    87

    Default

    My new investigator just called. Apparently my old investigator retired. He stated that I needed to prove residency again. I sent those documents months ago with a confirmation receipt to ensure that it was received, but I guess my old investigator didn't update my file. I don't mind doing it again, but it makes you wonder if they made any mistakes on their part. I have the receipt, and emails as proof. I'm going to print them just in case. I asked if this was due because I might have a shot at this July class, but he couldn't tell me yes or no. Anyone else have this happened to them? Anyone know if this is routine before an academy class especially since we heard a few people failed the run?
    Exam #2000
    Score 10x
    List # 5x
    CPAT-4/30/2013
    Background-3/6/2013
    Medical-4/4/2013
    Written psych-4/7/2013
    1.5 mile run-7/15/2013
    Academy-7/29/2013

  11. #12011
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNY-USCG View Post
    My new investigator just called. Apparently my old investigator retired. He stated that I needed to prove residency again. I sent those documents months ago with a confirmation receipt to ensure that it was received, but I guess my old investigator didn't update my file. I don't mind doing it again, but it makes you wonder if they made any mistakes on their part. I have the receipt, and emails as proof. I'm going to print them just in case. I asked if this was due because I might have a shot at this July class, but he couldn't tell me yes or no. Anyone else have this happened to them? Anyone know if this is routine before an academy class especially since we heard a few people failed the run?
    When I call to update my email address i was told by my investigator that I need to prove residency again as well. I fax over my papers and up dated my email address. That same day about an hour later i receive my run letter by email.
    FDNY-USCG and FFwnt2b like this.

  12. #12012
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Get on it bro. Confirmation Receipt or not send that stuff in again.

  13. #12013
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NYC/Washington Heights
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Get on it bro. Confirmation Receipt or not send that stuff in again.
    I'm going to Metrotech tomorrow. That is the earliest I can go.
    Exam #2000
    Score 10x
    List # 5x
    CPAT-4/30/2013
    Background-3/6/2013
    Medical-4/4/2013
    Written psych-4/7/2013
    1.5 mile run-7/15/2013
    Academy-7/29/2013

  14. #12014
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NYC/Washington Heights
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    When I call to update my email address i was told by my investigator that I need to prove residency again as well. I fax over my papers and up dated my email address. That same day about an hour later i receive my run letter by email.
    Do you mind if I ask you what list you are on? PH, EMS, or OC.
    Exam #2000
    Score 10x
    List # 5x
    CPAT-4/30/2013
    Background-3/6/2013
    Medical-4/4/2013
    Written psych-4/7/2013
    1.5 mile run-7/15/2013
    Academy-7/29/2013

  15. #12015
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    657

    Default

    BTW, investigators were present to process some paperwork, so its possible you will see them again. Treat them with the utmost respect. They were even out there watching the run.....
    Gotta go and do some reading, good luck guys.
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 07-09-2013 at 04:20 PM.

  16. #12016
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNY-USCG View Post
    Do you mind if I ask you what list you are on? PH, EMS, or OC.
    I am on the Ph list.

  17. #12017
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Anyone read Report from Engine 82? I started it last night and am almost halfway through already it's really good. Also turns out that the author, Dennis Smith, is the same guy who started the magazine that became this website.
    CableGuy516 likes this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  18. #12018
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    79

    Default

    How strict are they going with residency so far? As I have said before, I am concerned because I was in college in the city at the point they are looking for. I've maintained city residence since I graduated, just concerned cause all bills weren't in my name being we all split utilities. I got right now a cable bill, lease agreement, full time college transcripts, and rent checks from my bank account. Anyone have any insight? I hope this is enough or else I'm going to have to start thing outside the box.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List #: 20xx

  19. #12019
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Anyone read Report from Engine 82? I started it last night and am almost halfway through already it's really good. Also turns out that the author, Dennis Smith, is the same guy who started the magazine that became this website.
    great book. i would also recommend "report from ground zero" also by Dennis Smith and "the last men out" by Tom Downey
    mocon337 likes this.

  20. #12020
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brian_patrick View Post
    How strict are they going with residency so far? As I have said before, I am concerned because I was in college in the city at the point they are looking for. I've maintained city residence since I graduated, just concerned cause all bills weren't in my name being we all split utilities. I got right now a cable bill, lease agreement, full time college transcripts, and rent checks from my bank account. Anyone have any insight? I hope this is enough or else I'm going to have to start thing outside the box.
    Any credit cards with your account number ? Cellphone might work too.

  21. #12021
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Unfortunately not. I was still supported financially, for the most part, by my parents who lived on long island. Do you think what I have is enough? I got a w2 from 2011 also with a Brooklyn address, which is where I moved directly after graduating.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List #: 20xx

  22. #12022
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brian_patrick View Post
    Unfortunately not. I was still supported financially, for the most part, by my parents who lived on long island. Do you think what I have is enough? I got a w2 from 2011 also with a Brooklyn address, which is where I moved directly after graduating.
    What's the timeframe we need to have documents for again?

  23. #12023
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    What's the timeframe we need to have documents for again?
    June 2010-July 1, 2011. I'm basically going to bring as much stuff I can dig up and cross my fingers. If it fails ill be riding a bus for a few years and hopefully I'm not to old to be promoted at that point being I'm 24, turning 25 in February.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  24. #12024
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    great book. i would also recommend "report from ground zero" also by Dennis Smith and "the last men out" by Tom Downey

    Read "Firehouse" and "So Other Might Live". That's all you need to read. Those books are well respected ON the job.
    CableGuy516 likes this.

  25. #12025
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I am not kidding, this young guy showed up at 9:30. I don't know what happened but they took him in the back.
    Yes, unfortunately we will pay for their tardiness.

    This should be the end of your opportunity. Seriously. If you can't make it to one of the most important days that decides the future of your career, you should be terminated from the process immediately. Tardiness says a lot about a persons character.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 23 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 20 guests)

  1. Bassjunkie06,
  2. SirEd

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 12:13 PM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register