Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 481 of 1144 FirstFirst ... 381431471478479480481482483484491531581981 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,620 of 22870
Like Tree8985Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #9601
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USMC2024 View Post
    It was a pleasure meeting you yesterday! You'll kill the CPAT, but good luck anyway! Hope I get my dates soon.
    Woops...that was meant for grok350. Sent it on my phone, and didn't reply with quote.


  2. #9602
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Congrats to everyone getting their CPAT dates! I know i have at least 5-6 months but this is getting exciting!
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List # 12XX

  3. #9603
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USMC2024 View Post
    It was a pleasure meeting you yesterday! You'll kill the CPAT, but good luck anyway! Hope I get my dates soon.
    Same bro, it was good to put a face to a name on here. I picked up a few of those grippers, tryna pull the hose on the extra work machine like you lol. You should be getting dates soon, hope we make july man

  4. #9604
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Just got my cpat dates. 5/4, 5/16, 5/22.
    Im in the 340s
    Hey grok, congrats. Have you received your medical or psych yet? (sorry if you posted it before, I can't find it)

    I'm curious because your list number is close to mine but I have not received anything past my investigation.

  5. #9605
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Heh, kinda wish I was in the first class just to compete against all these military guys especially marines since you would assume that they are in better shape than regular civilians. Winning fitness award with that would be so much pleasurable( not saying I would win it ofcourse ).

  6. #9606
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Recieved my cpat admit form and the medical form you need to bring in order to take the cpat.
    My dates are may 01, 15, an 21.
    My list number is between 150-185.

  7. #9607
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    341

    Default

    I literally posted 5 minutes ago, heard the mailbox slam close and checked downstairs. Got my CPAT dates as well. May 7th, 16th and 22nd.

    My list number is between 400-450.

    Pretty exciting but I have NOT heard anything about a medical or psych yet. Think I should call my investigator?

  8. #9608
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    These are the kind of quotes that lead me to believe the investigators actually have little to no idea about the hiring process. You can't blame them for speculating for your friend who probably asked but that info is just plain wrong. Its promo then PHs simultaneously along with the OC list at a 3/2 ratio.

    The investigators are just there to investigate you, I doubt they know much more about what list number we'll get to than you or I.
    River is 100% correct. Your investigator knows you, THAT'S IT. They know nothing with regard to hiring ranges and rates. They are not in that loop. The nest class will first exhaust the promo list. After that, it will be filled on a 3:2 ratio of quota hires to those who took the O.C. Once the quota list is exhausted, hiring will begin in order of merit......

  9. #9609
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    River is 100% correct. Your investigator knows you, THAT'S IT. They know nothing with regard to hiring ranges and rates. They are not in that loop. The nest class will first exhaust the promo list. After that, it will be filled on a 3:2 ratio of quota hires to those who took the O.C. Once the quota list is exhausted, hiring will begin in order of merit......
    Can't wait til that day ****ing comes sir

  10. #9610
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    I literally posted 5 minutes ago, heard the mailbox slam close and checked downstairs. Got my CPAT dates as well. May 7th, 16th and 22nd.

    My list number is between 400-450.

    Pretty exciting but I have NOT heard anything about a medical or psych yet. Think I should call my investigator?
    No i think just wait. I have not yet gotten a medical date either. I do have a psych date for may 18 though

  11. #9611
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    419

    Default

    If people in the 400s have gotten psychs on here, then i would call the inv.

  12. #9612
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    If people in the 400s have gotten psychs on here, then i would call the inv.
    Yeah I haven't heard of anyone in the 400's receiving anything. I'll sit tight for a few days and see how it plays out. When I called two days ago my investigator told me that she didn't think I would get hired for this July class and yet here I am with my physical dates haha. Thanks man.

  13. #9613
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Yeah I haven't heard of anyone in the 400's receiving anything. I'll sit tight for a few days and see how it plays out. When I called two days ago my investigator told me that she didn't think I would get hired for this July class and yet here I am with my physical dates haha. Thanks man.
    according to DCAS, anyone who was invited to CPAT prep was being scheduled for the physical in this go around. That means they're going to run through the top 730ish on OC, but obviously we're not all making the July class. Getting scheduled for a medical is a better sign for us than the physical.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  14. #9614
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    That's the monitor they use. I had the same emotions and was confused as the guys taking the medical now in regards to the medical (Stairmaster). I believe a lot of guys heart rate is good but the monitor they are using is inaccurate. It seems that the guys currently OJT (currently on this site) is/will not question the validity of our concerns, but their is definitely an issue with this situation. Instead, you guys are saying just work out, you guys aren't in shape etc. But, in all actuality, we are in enough shape to at least pass this simple medical (heart rate) situation.
    You have an attitude.

    I am not addressing the validity of your concerns because I think your concerns are bull****. I went through the same exact process barely 6 months ago. So did several hundred other EMS employees. Most passed the test on the second attempt, if not the first. The process exists for a reason. I can't necessarily say what the reason is, since I am not part of the medical staff at headquarters, however I assure you that there is a reason. Because of the current environment that the department has to operate in, thanks in part to you and your friends, I assure you that every step in the process has a valid reason behind it, because if it didn't it would probably be thrown out by the judge and/or his special master.

    More importantly, they use those monitors on everyone doing their annual medicals. They get used every day. I'm sure they get tested fairly frequently to be sure that they are actually giving accurate numbers. Sorry to burst your bubble but testing anxiety probably did cause the HR spikes that have made people fail on the first go around. When they were processing for the current class the rumor mill all over this place and everywhere else said that 90% of the candidates were failing the medical and that there'd be like 80 people in the class. That was all BS. This too is all BS. If you're prepared (and you say you are) then the second attempt should be a cakewalk.

    Have some faith. The current class is the same one that the Post was ****ting on just a few months ago for being out of shape. While they got most of their facts wrong, one or two were right, mainly that a record # of probies needed remedial fitness training. They all passed that same test, so obviously the standard isn't impossibly high if ~150 people could pass that and then still need extra PT once they reached the academy. Second: This has been said repeatedly, but yet it still hasn't sunk in. This **** exists because the biggest killer of firefighters today is heart attacks. Per FEMA 58% of LODD deaths in 2011 (most recent year available) were cardiac related. Chances are you're more likely to drop dead than get killed in an unsafe situation, hence things like the stair master test.

    End rant.


    On a positive note, the entire class of 01-2013 ran to Manhattan today carrying the colors. It was quite a sight, and I'm very proud to have been a part of it and a part of this class.

  15. #9615
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    got my letter from DCAS. See you boys on 5/4.
    grok350 likes this.

  16. #9616
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    35

    Default

    On a positive note, the entire class of 01-2013 ran to Manhattan today carrying the colors. It was quite a sight, and I'm very proud to have been a part of it and a part of this class.[/QUOTE]

    That's so awesome man! I can't wait it's so exciting to hear about things like this!

  17. #9617
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    On a positive note, the entire class of 01-2013 ran to Manhattan today carrying the colors. It was quite a sight, and I'm very proud to have been a part of it and a part of this class.

    MM, these pics are all over twitter & instagram if you haven't seen them yet...very cool.


    http://twitpic.com/ck8d1c
    FDsouthbxNY and FDNY-USCG like this.

  18. #9618
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    MM, these pics are all over twitter & instagram if you haven't seen them yet...very cool.


    http://twitpic.com/ck8d1c
    I have seem em, but thanks for posting. Forgot to mention the obvious, which is that the run was in honor of Boston.

  19. #9619
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    278

    Default

    I also got my CPAT dates, 1st one is on 5/1, that's the only one I'll need.

    Manhattan Medic, I know that they have been using these same heart rate monitors not just for candidates, but also for regular medicals as well, but as the fitness guy at my school said, the more they are used and abused the more they become inaccurate. I feel that there is also a factor of inaccuracy due to the fact that the resting hr and test are done on two different machines.

    Regardless of all this I anticipate being able to pass my second go around on Monday because I practice for a lot longer that 8 minutes on my own. I just don't see how my entire group could fail when we have all been training hard. I know the instructors stress cardio, but like I had said in an earlier post, that one Navy guy said he runs 10 miles every other day which blows away my 3 miles, and that dude didn't even come close to passing the HR test.

  20. #9620
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    I also got my CPAT dates, 1st one is on 5/1, that's the only one I'll need.

    that one Navy guy said he runs 10 miles every other day which blows away my 3 miles, and that dude didn't even come close to passing the HR test.
    I'm not saying anything negative about Navy guy, but realize that a 10 mile run is very different from the stress caused by the sudden and high intensity exertion of climbing stairs with a weighted vest. While overall cardiovascular health/conditioning is important, there is a high stress on being able to handle going from 0-60 and working incredibly hard for ~15 minutes, which is different from running 10 miles, even if you can do that at a 6m/mile pace.

    I'm sure you'll probably do fine on the CPAT, but keep training for the real deal. FST easily feels 10x harder than the CPAT, and it's a component of the academy that you must complete to graduate.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 27 users browsing this thread. (5 members and 22 guests)

  1. ireedmymail,
  2. JRodPizza ,
  3. k20dc2,
  4. Matador611,
  5. test2000

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:08 AM
  2. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  3. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  4. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 11:16 AM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts