Like Tree9526Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I think any cardio is beneficial but I'd focus more on running and doing stairs with a weight vest. Functional exercises that relate to the type of training you will be doing at the academy and overall strengthening and conditioning. Look into kettle bells. I've been working with a trainer one-on-one once a week and the other days doing my own routine. Hopefully I'll be in either January or latest next July. Keep up the training though. Make the most of the time before your number is called.

Forum Member

Yeah I still squat and will use the vest when the time gets closer. Just wondering if I road bike is that gonna be a waste of money. my friends just bought them and they go on long rides.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Not if you can get one used... Check on amazon or ebay.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Yeah I still squat and will use the vest when the time gets closer. Just wondering if I road bike is that gonna be a waste of money. my friends just bought them and they go on long rides.
    I bought a 2012 Fuji Roubaix last year to supplement my cardio and it's great. It doesn't replace running, but because of the fact that you typically ride for extended periods of time, it's great for overall conditioning.

Plus, if you really want to punish yourself, you could ride in Jersey or upstate where there's hills. I typically run 3X a week, weight vest 2X a week and do a 25-30 mile ride on the weekend.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

Surprised there's no new news yet today. The runs were at 7am right?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Surprised there's no new news yet today. The runs were at 7am right?
    Was just about to say the same. Surprised we haven't even heard a word about it, good or bad.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Was just about to say the same. Surprised we haven't even heard a word about it, good or bad.
    Yeah I've refreshed this page about 125x today - I feel like an website stalker for Christs sake.
    TomFromQueens and NycQ83 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Yeah I've refreshed this page about 125x today - I feel like an website stalker for Christs sake.
    change your settings to send you an email every time a new post is made. As long as you've read the most recent post in the thread the next time a new one is posted you get an email.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

OAK
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    Good luck to all you guys and girls that have their run tomorrow. I will keep you guys posted about the two Oc guys that have their run dates tomorrow with me. Hopefully I can get more information from them after the run.
    You have us on the edge of our seats feining for info. Hope your run went well...please keep us updated

Forum Member

I heard 7 PH's failed today

Forum Member

What happens now after the failures? Does the city grab the next few people in line and schedule them for the run or do they start the class anyway with what they have?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY-USCG View Post
    What happens now after the failures? Does the city grab the next few people in line and schedule them for the run or do they start the class anyway with what they have?
    Good question. Im pretty sure they grab the next few in line and try and start the class with a full 320. In the past they even filled spots that became open after candidates failed or quit in the first few weeks after the academy started. They didn't do that this past class though, not sure why.

Has anyone else heard about 7 guys failing?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    I bought a 2012 Fuji Roubaix last year to supplement my cardio and it's great. It doesn't replace running, but because of the fact that you typically ride for extended periods of time, it's great for overall conditioning.

Plus, if you really want to punish yourself, you could ride in Jersey or upstate where there's hills. I typically run 3X a week, weight vest 2X a week and do a 25-30 mile ride on the weekend.
    Well I figure I could ride prospect and central park. I Had a mountain bike that was double suspesion and and it was horrible for conditioning, I could ride all day and feel nothing. I took my freinds road bike for a 1.5 mile in the heat and was sweating like a pig and actually felt it in my legs and condiitiong. Now I just gotta come up with the money. Might sell my bumper plates and power bar and flat bench to get most of the money. Thanks.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

On a funny side note. How many of you have older family friends telling your their neighbor,son,nephew got call already. Then you explain its not possible unless they are a PH and they just don't get it, so you ignore them.

I can't wait till sanitation gives their upcoming test and I hope they higher half the FD List. I am tired of hearing "What happened with the fire dept" its like I just told you 3 months ago it will be years.
    mocon337 and MuscleHamster like this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Isn't there another run date?
    If around 100 ran yesterday, and guesstimating 100 ran today, that's roughly 120 spots left. Maybe OC?

Forum Member

I believe there is a run scheduled for the 15th of July

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I am tired of hearing "What happened with the fire dept" its like I just told you 3 months ago it will be years.
    Dude! I know how you feel. Ill see someone and they will be like, oh so did you hear anything back yet. I tell them that I still have a long time, then the next week they ask again. No one understands the process besides those pursuing a career in civil service.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List #: 20xx

Forum Member

Metrotech today?

Forum Member

I went over to metrotech today, but I couldn't get a word out of my investigator. It was like pulling teeth. Now I also need to send in more paperwork. I don't get the inconsistencies between investigators. All he said was that our background packages still are under review and need to get approved.

Forum Member

Why are so few people failing the run?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

I actually thought that 11 out of 200 was pretty high. When I did the run in 08 I think only 3 or 4 out of just over 220 guys failed. (Correct my numbers if I'm wrong)

What do the rest of you guys think?

Forum Member

I think it's pretty high also. 1.5 miles in 13 minutes is a joke. Plus the adrenaline will push you through.

Forum Member

Yes there is still one more run left on the 15th.

Forum Member

Only 8 guys fail the run today 3 ems and 5 ph...

Forum Member

The guy that post on face book is off the Oc list, he also stated to me he's a Ph. I could not get in to detail with him after the run because he had to make it to work. I ask him why was he not on the Ph list and he stated to me because he already took the Oc exam. I really don't know how that work.

Thread Information