Like Tree11270Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Another thing I didn't understand is that he look Caucasians. But I can not say for sure because I never ask is race.

Forum Member

So 8 guys today and 4 guys yesterday?

The next run is the 15th? I wonder why there is such a big break in between? Also, will they have to to get OC or more PH guys after the 15th to fill those spots?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post

The next run is the 15th? I wonder why there is such a big break in between? Also, will they have to to get OC or more PH guys after the 15th to fill those spots?
    They can only hire 128 black candidates and 64 Latino candidates for this class. The Ph list have more Latino candidates than black. What ever black candidates that are going to get hire will be in this class. A lot of ph thats on the PH list have not receive their run letter. I know of about 10 or so that have not receive their run letter as of yet. A lot of the Ph that I do speck to stated to me that they know of guys that did not get their letter also. I don't know how they are going about calling people from the Ph list because there are guys that are above me that have not receive their run letter.

Forum Member

I don't believe that they can hire more Ph candidates then stated in the court order. So I think they will be pulling from the Oc list. Just my feeling. The information that my mentor gave to me is that if a lot of ems and ph fail the run they will have another run with Oc guys before the 22nd.

Forum Member

Double post...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Well I figure I could ride prospect and central park. I Had a mountain bike that was double suspesion and and it was horrible for conditioning, I could ride all day and feel nothing. I took my freinds road bike for a 1.5 mile in the heat and was sweating like a pig and actually felt it in my legs and condiitiong. Now I just gotta come up with the money. Might sell my bumper plates and power bar and flat bench to get most of the money. Thanks.
    how tall are man? I have a scott speedster road bike that I dont ride anymore. Ive only ridden it about ten times...i'm willing to help ya out a let it go for 300$ bucks

Forum Member

Does anyone know how many promos are eligible for this class, or at least how many have ran already?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ice&Fire View Post
    Does anyone know how many promos are eligible for this class, or at least how many have ran already?
    I have no clue. I hate how this info (along with other numbers) aren't accessible, makes the whole situation so much more stressful haha

Thank god for Fdnyman, and others, who have been giving us all the info on the PH situation. With the lack of info about the rest of the process, I'm surprised we have so much info on the PH. Thanks guys, keep it coming.
    vekdoggs75 and coldblood92 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    how tall are man? I have a scott speedster road bike that I dont ride anymore. Ive only ridden it about ten times...i'm willing to help ya out a let it go for 300$ bucks
    I am about 5'7
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

I have no clue. I hate how this info (along with other numbers) aren't accessible, makes the whole situation so much more stressful haha

Thank god for Fdnyman, and others, who have been giving us all the info on the PH situation. With the lack of info about the rest of the process, I'm surprised we have so much info on the PH. Thanks guys, keep it coming.
    The hiring process is as about as transparent as the Obama presidency so ya basically have to go by word of mouth until you get called. It was bad enough when you were mostly just competing with other OC guys so it's doubley scrwed up now that you have EMS and PHs thrown in the mix.

Forum Member

Well I figure I could ride prospect and central park. I Had a mountain bike that was double suspesion and and it was horrible for conditioning, I could ride all day and feel nothing. I took my freinds road bike for a 1.5 mile in the heat and was sweating like a pig and actually felt it in my legs and condiitiong. Now I just gotta come up with the money. Might sell my bumper plates and power bar and flat bench to get most of the money. Thanks.
    You want to turn bike riding from a leisurely ride into actual training? Get a fixed gear. Forget the hipster stigma you can find a road bike converted to fixed gear for cheap and trust me you will feel it when you are going up hill, you just have to put your head down and power through it. You never stop pedaling so it is literally a non-stop workout.

This guy is eccentric but his site is like an encyclopedia:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/fixed.html#gearing

If you do choose a fixed gear read the section about gear ratios to make sure you don't get a bike thats too easy or too hard to ride. You want a teeth count in the high-30s to low-40s for your gear.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 99
    List #: 4XXX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingHenrik View Post
    You want to turn bike riding from a leisurely ride into actual training? Get a fixed gear. Forget the hipster stigma you can find a road bike converted to fixed gear for cheap and trust me you will feel it when you are going up hill, you just have to put your head down and power through it. You never stop pedaling so it is literally a non-stop workout.

This guy is eccentric but his site is like an encyclopedia:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/fixed.html#gearing

If you do choose a fixed gear read the section about gear ratios to make sure you don't get a bike thats too easy or too hard to ride. You want a teeth count in the high-30s to low-40s for your gear.
    I have a single speed bike that still allows you to coast if you want to and it's awesome. I ride around prospect park every now and then and the hill on the back side is definitely a workout. Gets easier every time though. I like not having gears because I know that it is my legs doing the work.

Forum Member

Yeah the non Coasting thing bothers me. If I have to slow down my legs would have to slow down right away.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    The hiring process is as about as transparent as the Obama presidency so ya basically have to go by word of mouth until you get called. It was bad enough when you were mostly just competing with other OC guys so it's doubley scrwed up now that you have EMS and PHs thrown in the mix.
    Yea rumors and word of mouth are all there is too go on.

Forum Member

Hows it going guys.. new here and I tried to use the search to see what list number to see where they are up too.. the best I could find was 733 for exam 2000.. Does anyone have a better update than that?

Other than that I look forward to reading and posting because it looks like you guys post a lot of good info!

FYI my list number is 12xx for Exam 2000 thanks guys!

Forum Member

hey man i'm clicking the link and its not working.. any help could work.. i have the stamina but can't run fast thanks!
    List:12xx
    Grade: 102

Forum Member

Default Ideas

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas/tips they can throw my way for the run/ physical ? every time i practice the run i always fall at 12 mins maybe 1130 on a good day. I want to try and get it more down to 10 or so? thanks guys!
    BrooklynBorn likes this.

Forum Member

Try sprints.
    jmarq likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmarq View Post
    Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas/tips they can throw my way for the run/ physical ? every time i practice the run i always fall at 12 mins maybe 1130 on a good day. I want to try and get it more down to 10 or so? thanks guys!
    Been posting my workouts for everyone... http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t121...6/#post1375749 (FDNY Exam 2000)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post

Nice thanks! so it looks like you run maybe 2 miles then the next day your warm up and sprint? seems like its working out for you being that your pace it at 7 odd minutes now.

Forum Member

Nice thanks! so it looks like you run maybe 2 miles then the next day your warm up and sprint? seems like its working out for you being that your pace it at 7 odd minutes now.
    The 2 miles is really just a warm up before i go to the gym to workout my upper body. Plus it works as an active recovery day. Plus the extra miles per week cant hurt. And yes the rest is interval training. "sprints" is something kinda different so I wouldnt call them that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    I hope this helps anyone who is at about my running times for 2.5 miles which was at a 8min pace(2.5 miles in 20 min)

For workouts 1-15 reference to page 580 http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t121...0/#post1374062 (FDNY Exam 2000)

(16)2 miles at comfortable pace before upper-body workout
    (17) (VERY HOT DAY, took it easy) 2mile fartlek style run. Ran the curves slow straights fast
    *Stairmill - week 2
    (18) Took the day off but would have ran the 2 miles.
    (19) 1200m warm up. 4 1200m in 5:15(7min mile pace) 2min rest
    (20) 2 miles at comfortable pace before upper-body workout
    (21) 1600m warm up
    6 200m 40s rest 1:45
    6 100m strides, rest walk back to start
    1600m cool down.
    (22) Didn't run on July 4th (would have been 2 miles before upper body workout)
    (23) 2 3/4 miles at 7:08min mile pace (19:37)
    (24) 2 miles at comfortable pace before upper-body workout
    (25) 1200m warm up
    six 400m at 80sec with 2min rest
    1200m cool down

This workout was incredibly hard. Last lap I could not have gone much faster even if I wanted. I was really hurting by the last 400
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Forum Member

Hows it going guys.. new here and I tried to use the search to see what list number to see where they are up too.. the best I could find was 733 for exam 2000.. Does anyone have a better update than that?

Other than that I look forward to reading and posting because it looks like you guys post a lot of good info!

FYI my list number is 12xx for Exam 2000 thanks guys!
    any one know the answer.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

any one know the answer.
    I'd say that they are at list number 1, because no one from the OC has been hired yet.

Forum Member

Default re: the Run

does anyone know if u can see the pacer while running?

Thread Information