Like Tree9891Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    On the new list there's a 1 next to their name.. I'm in the 4000s and there was like 180 or so in front of me..
    Yeah, you'll see a bunch of new list numbers with .3, .5, .7 after their numbers now. I would assume most people trying for residency after they got their scores are faking it and will be bumped down.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

On the new list there's a 1 next to their name.. I'm in the 4000s and there was like 180 or so in front of me..
    Sonnn of aaaa.....Thanks for the info.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Yeah, you'll see a bunch of new list numbers with .3, .5, .7 after their numbers now. I would assume most people trying for residency after they got their scores are faking it and will be bumped down.
    I never thought of that. They didn't have to prove residency yet right?

Forum Member

Where is the "new" list
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    Where is the "new" list
    You can find it on the thechiefleader.com, you just have to subscribe.

http://thechiefleader.com/news/civil...9bb30f31a.html

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Sonnn of aaaa.....Thanks for the info.
    No worries.. I'm not too concerned.. It sucks for the guys that are like >1000 but for me.. Most of those guys were in front of me to begin with..

Then again, it seems like they're being stingy with residency points so a portion of those might get bounced back..

Forum Member

No worries.. I'm not too concerned.. It sucks for the guys that are like >1000 but for me.. Most of those guys were in front of me to begin with..

Then again, it seems like they're being stingy with residency points so a portion of those might get bounced back..
    Haha I'm in the 1100s.
    NycQ83 likes this.

Forum Member

I wouldn't say they're being stingy with the residency points, they only sent out processing packets to 773 guys so far and I haven't heard of anyone losing points yet.

Forum Member

Won't there be more ems in January and also more Phs? I always try to think worst scenario but i thought there were atleast 50 ems that would be ready in jan, then you have people from this july going that will recycle correct?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Won't there be more ems in January and also more Phs? I always try to think worst scenario but i thought there were atleast 50 ems that would be ready in jan, then you have people from this july going that will recycle correct?
    I think jerk alert said about 30 promos and fdnyman said 64 Ph's left.

Forum Member

I just went through and painstakingly counted every person who is now ahead of me. The are 143 more candidates ahead of me now. This is a bit irritating due to the fact that I, along with what I can only assume is a majority of you gentleman also, read the NOE to the letter. This whole, lets have unlimited opportunities to correct something I should have known from the start is bogus. I don't perceive the job of a New York City firefighter to be a job that has a high tolerance for failure to follow simple directions. The application period should be no different.

As a veteran myself, I understand playing the game to see if you need the extra points as you're only allowed to use them once. But for those that waited to claim residency, I can only speculate that it's scammers that think they have found loopholes after seeing how things have shaken out so far.

Sorry for the accusations but I had a bad Friday at a job that doesn't start with FD nor end with NY.
    Last edited by dwm326; 07-12-2013 at 06:02 PM.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

Got a letter for the run, in the 70's for the guys crunching numbers

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    Where is the "new" list
    It's a few pages back, I posted a link to a Dropbox with the PDF.

Forum Member

Did you hear anything from your investigator beforehand? Or did you just get this notification without speaking to them recently?

Just curious because I tried calling mine today and could not get through to them.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 106
    List #: 1XX

Forum Member

Just a quick question: has anyone in the 15## received a packet as of yet? And will the first packet we receive (assuming it ever gets to us) be from DCAS or FDNY? How far out will they call us (estimate) for the medical, psych, and all that? Thanks guys
    Exam: 2000
    List:15##

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    Just a quick question: has anyone in the 15## received a packet as of yet? And will the first packet we receive (assuming it ever gets to us) be from DCAS or FDNY? How far out will they call us (estimate) for the medical, psych, and all that? Thanks guys
    I am in the 600's are received a packet from fdny first I believe. I did the cpat and intake interview stuff back in april, but my pysch and medical will not come till close to oct. you will not get a med or pysch date until they are close to the class you are being considered for. with a list of 1500 you might get a packet in oct or so, but you will most likely be considered for next july's class, which is when you should get a med or psych date

Forum Member

Thanks for the quick response buddy. The July class is a date I can live with. I hope you get into the January one.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    They only sent packets out through 773 I believe.
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I wouldn't say they're being stingy with the residency points, they only sent out processing packets to 773 guys so far and I haven't heard of anyone losing points yet.
    It's alot harder to prove you're a resident to suit the criteria then it is to prove you're a vet.. Alot less paperwork and jumping through hoops..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Haha I'm in the 1100s.
    Yeah.. An extra 50 guys could push you back 6 monthes..

I'd be a little upset.. ESP considering you could have claimed residency when signing up for the test.. Either you live in NYC or you don't..

On a side note: is anyone here going to the FDNY appreciation weekend next week? I got the email today while at work..
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

I'd be a little upset.. ESP considering you could have claimed residency when signing up for the test.. Either you live in NYC or you don't..

On a side note: is anyone here going to the FDNY appreciation weekend next week? I got the email today while at work..
    I am thinking of going. Let me know if your down, if I'm off from work ill be there and we can link up.
    FdnytolifeE293 likes this.

Forum Member

I completely agree. You shouldn't be able to do it after the fact. The liberties they allow are ridiculous.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

What mailing list are you on? DCAS has my e-mail but I routinely see guys posting about e-mails that I have never seen.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

I get emails but through the mentorship program

Forum Member

There's a baseball game and some other event coming up, I think cyclones

Thread Information