Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 487 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 387437477484485486487488489490497537587987 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,740 of 24153
Like Tree9404Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Can someone answer my question about the medical form for the cpat please

Forum Member

And again, thread gets detailed......

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    And again, thread gets detailed......
    I meant derailed....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    Can someone answer my question about the medical form for the cpat please
    They sent out two different forms. One stating your cpat dates and the other which has to be signed. None stated anything about a 25 dollar money order

Forum Member

actually that comment and enough public pressure could make a difference. People generally need something to rally around

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    They sent out two different forms. One stating your cpat dates and the other which has to be signed. None stated anything about a 25 dollar money order
    Get the $25 money order, you will need it.

Forum Member

Now, I know it’s very hard to stomach this moron and everything he stands for but OC brothers stay calm and carry on …. This opportunity is earned not given (even if some left wing nut Judge says so).
    ffbam24 and coldblood92 like this.
    Exam# 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SouthBK84 View Post
    Now, I know it’s very hard to stomach this moron and everything he stands for but OC brothers stay calm and carry on …. This opportunity is earned not given (even if some left wing nut Judge says so).
    Yeah, true story.. But alot of us are putting our lives on hold waiting.. Putting off buying a home, having kids, pressure from my wife..

Not to mention how many people were either set to go into the academy or at least in hiring range that no longer are.. Because of this fiasco.

I don't want to be on the wrong side of 30 before I graduate..

Forum Member

If someone who has done it or is on the job says bring a 25 dollar money order I'd bring it..

As a matter of fact.. With the pay out you will be getting.. You should bring a few in case 1 of the other guys forgets..

But seriously.. Someone a ways back said to bring an extra just in case.. Help a brother out.

Forum Member

In my honest opinion, no, I donít deserve it. Okay, letís keep the thread informative guys, unless you guys still have to let off some steam, than do what makes you feel good.
    I appreciate your honesty.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Yeah, true story.. But alot of us are putting our lives on hold waiting.. Putting off buying a home, having kids, pressure from my wife..

Not to mention how many people were either set to go into the academy or at least in hiring range that no longer are.. Because of this fiasco.

"Pressure from my wife" ... Dude I'm tired of hearing my wife's mouth about this and all the time I spend at the gym and outside running lol. Where's the mute button!!??

On another note.... Lets be realistic here guys.... Not that I'm defending almostthere or anything but if anyone here was given the chance he has been given would you really turn it down?? I'm sure that most whites, blacks, yellows, pinks and transparents would also take it even if they didn't deserve it as well.

Forum Member

I hear you, Same boat
    Exam# 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    "Pressure from my wife" ... Dude I'm tired of hearing my wife's mouth about this and all the time I spend at the gym and outside running lol. Where's the mute button!!??

On another note.... Lets be realistic here guys.... Not that I'm defending almostthere or anything but if anyone here was given the chance he has been given would you really turn it down?? I'm sure that most whites, blacks, yellows, pinks and transparents would also take it even if they didn't deserve it as well.
    Maybe so.. But if you took a blind survey and asked who wanted the job bc it was a job, or because of the payout or the instant seniority..

As apprised to how many want to be a firefighter bc they want to help people, they love NYC, in the family etc.

I think those results would blow people's minds..

Forum Member

Maybe so.. But if you took a blind survey and asked who wanted the job bc it was a job, or because of the payout or the instant seniority..

As apprised to how many want to be a firefighter bc they want to help people, they love NYC, in the family etc.

I think those results would blow people's minds..
    True, and lets hope those get weeded out.

Forum Member

I never received the letter that needs to be signed by a physician. Can someone post the number for Dcas thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    I never received the letter that needs to be signed by a physician. Can someone post the number for Dcas thanks
    You should have received 2 notices, one stating the time and dates, the other looked similar but a lot bigger in size. You don't need it signed unless you have a condition, but you do need it, cause you have to sign it when you get there.

Forum Member

We have the option of accepting both. All that info was posted on previous pages while there was a lot of childish bickering going on. Does anyone have their CPAT this Saturday?
    So you mean that they can chose to accept the money, and not the job? I'm just asking so I understand it completely, not looking to jump on anyone. If that's true then maybe a decent amount of priority hires will go that route if get already have a job. This could help OC guys out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    So you mean that they can chose to accept the money, and not the job? I'm just asking so I understand it completely, not looking to jump on anyone. If that's true then maybe a decent amount of priority hires will go that route if get already have a job. This could help OC guys out.

Yes. They can accept either, or both. The handful of PHs I spoke to at the rock all seemed to agree about half of the 470 don't really want the job, or have a "I wouldn't turn it down, but I'm not going to kill myself to get it" attitude.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Yes. They can accept either, or both. The handful of PHs I spoke to at the rock all seemed to agree about half of the 470 don't really want the job, or have a "I wouldn't turn it down, but I'm not going to kill myself to get it" attitude.
    You've spoken to handfuls, I've spoken to triple than that, and those guys including myself are busting our butts physically to get on the job. So, don't believe the hype from the handfuls you are talking too.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Get the $25 money order, you will need it.
    What is the money order for?

Thread Information