Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 488 of 1140 FirstFirst ... 388438478485486487488489490491498538588988 ... LastLast
Results 9,741 to 9,760 of 22799
Like Tree8965Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    What is the money order for?
    Gloves, you take them home when you are done. Don't know if they were kidding or what, but bring it.

Forum Member

I think any PH guys who want to get on for the right reasons, should prove it by donating the back-pay money to an FDNY/NYPD related fund, such as one that helps families who lost a loved one in the line of duty.
    River6019 and SnatchBK like this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List #: 20xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Gloves, you take them home when you are done. Don't know if they were kidding or what, but bring it.
    I was told that they are giving them to us for free at the orientation. They said this at LIC, but i will still bring it.

Forum Member

They aren't, why would they kid? For sanitary purposes (I assume) you are buying the gloves that you wear during your test.

Also whoever was asking about how you are actually offered the job, it goes like this. Assuming you pass all the tests and are in hiring range for a class you'll get a letter inviting you to the 1.5m run. It explains that the run is the final step, blah blah blah. If you show up to the run and pass you are given a job offer letter on the spot. We were also given the textbooks at the same time as well. At that point you're in, unless you want to defer out of that class, at which point you have to call candidate investigations. If you know you're going to defer I'd suggest calling candidate investigations or DCAS before the run, and not even bothering with it.

Forum Member

Wasn't sure, just saying what they told me. Hey MM, when would the run be as opposed to the first day of the academy?

Forum Member

Wasn't sure, just saying what they told me. Hey MM, when would the run be as opposed to the first day of the academy?
    Roughly 1.5-2 weeks before.

When I did it they had 3 sessions. January 1st, 2nd, and 5th. Business suit orientation day was the 7th, and academy started on the 14th.

Forum Member

Only get it signed if you have a medical condition that is on the front of the notice, if not, just bring it with you. Sign both notices, when you get there, and don't forget the money order $25 (fill everything out when you get there).
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. In reference to the above, I'm curious as to what specific medical conditions are listed on the CPAT notice. Can someone post them please? Or PM them to me? Thx
    Last edited by MESAman; 04-24-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Forum Member

Anything that is obvious, like a fever, to something more serious. Diarrhea, cold, flu like symptoms,sports injuries, etc. Basically if you can hurt yourself by doing the exam, they want a release form signed.

Forum Member

Anything that is obvious, like a fever, to something more serious. Diarrhea, cold, flu like symptoms,sports injuries, etc. Basically if you can hurt yourself by doing the exam, they want a release form signed.
    Thanks dude. It sounds pretty general then. Sports injuries for example can mean so many different things. And I guess theoretically anyone can get hurt during the exam, even if you're in perfect condition beforehand. I'll get it signed regardless whenever I get to that stage. Anyway thanks again for the quick response.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MESAman View Post
    Thanks dude. It sounds pretty general then. Sports injuries for example can mean so many different things. And I guess theoretically anyone can get hurt during the exam, even if you're in perfect condition beforehand. I'll get it signed regardless whenever I get to that stage. Anyway thanks again for the quick response.
    Yeah, it's strange, because if you don't get it signed, they have you sign and continue with the exam anyways.

Forum Member

Everything I've heard says that in order for any PH to receive the back pay they must fully completely the hiring process AND make it through the academy.

After that they get the money after which obviously they could quit if they want but the academy is a must.

Screw them.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

And unfortunately the public is very uninformed about this situation. I haven't met anyone who has found out either through me and others and doesn't think it's ridiculous.

If enough hype was generated it might actually get somewhere.
    vekdoggs75 and SouthBK84 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Everything I've heard says that in order for any PH to receive the back pay they must fully completely the hiring process AND make it through the academy.

After that they get the money after which obviously they could quit if they want but the academy is a must.

Screw them.
    I fear this will be a very long wait for us then ... Who knows how many of these clowns will actually take this seriously or just recycle after a few months at the rock , then try again taking up more spots from OC guys at a later time.
    Exam# 2000

Forum Member

Well they have to make it into the academy first which for most won't be an easy task in itself. And from my understanding they will only be given one chance, no recycling.

But who knows, everything changes every minute of the day.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Well they have to make it into the academy first which for most won't be an easy task in itself. And from my understanding they will only be given one chance, no recycling.

But who knows, everything changes every minute of the day.
    i have been hearing the same thing as you. They have to be "offered" the job they don't have to be given more then one chance. i have also heard they aren't allowed to defer.

Forum Member

So this morning I decided to go all out and see how fast I can push myself to do a 1.5 mile run... 8:05, my all time best. Thanks to all those hills I have ran In the past few months, I'm motivated as **** right now!
    coldblood92 likes this.

Forum Member

Great time Jukez.
    Guys wondering about dates for this summer can expect runs to be around July 17th - 20th with swear in and text books on the 22nd and qaurter master in days following with a start date of July 29th. That's if it at all like this January. EMS was kind of fast tracked so dates for this summer could be different. This is pretty much all I think about as I count down days. I've played it out many times in my head and I pray to god this is exactly how it works out!

Forum Member

PS I could be totally wrong on this and look like a complete A-hole lol. But I'm hoping I'm right....in the meantime GO METS!! Walk off grand slam last night. I'll take
    It!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    So this morning I decided to go all out and see how fast I can push myself to do a 1.5 mile run... 8:05, my all time best. Thanks to all those hills I have ran In the past few months, I'm motivated as **** right now!
    I'm assuming you're around 5:15 -5:30 for a mile?

And hills will do wonders.
    Last edited by Minerva; 04-25-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Awesome time! Now work endurance, get that mileage up. Great work!

Thread Information