Like Tree9521Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

It was hot... Think 3 or 4 ppl failed.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duke1011 View Post
    It was hot... Think 3 or 4 ppl failed.
    Thanks for the update. Any idea if they are sending out more run notices? Or did they get close enough to 320?
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Do you guys think everyone they called for the run has a spot in the academy or do you think that they called more off the OC then needed, so that they made sure they had enough for the class? Now that 4 more people failed, does that mean there gonna call more for another run to fill those spots?

Forum Member

No idea, they only said if you don't want the job let them know asap so they can get someone to fill the seat. I believe everyone they called for the run is in the July class, as everyone got an offer letter, and everyone was told to show up on the 22nd.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

No idea, they only said if you don't want the job let them know asap so they can get someone to fill the seat. I believe everyone they called for the run is in the July class, as everyone got an offer letter, and everyone was told to show up on the 22nd.
    Thats a good point. So they offered you a position and you signed a paper? Thats a good sign then.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info. I scored a 102 so it looks like I just missed it. It sucks for me because I did what the instructors for the study classes told me to do for the written which was to watch each video 3 times and take your time answering the questions. I was so focused on getting them right that I ran out of time and missed 2 questions which if I answered could of possibly gave me a perfect score. I'm not going to dwell on it I'm just going to put it as if I have more time to keep getting in shape and be prepared for when my time comes to so the physical portion.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Congratulations btw!
    Duke1011 likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Really wish I knew the exact number of PHs and promos that are left to be called after this class so I could start driving myself nuts crunching numbers again haha.
    vekdoggs75, NycQ83 and coldblood92 like this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Yeah the run is followed up with the job offer so I don't see why they would offer people a job and then take it back. Ooops forgot they did that in '08!
    rcfd31 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Really wish I knew the exact number of PHs and promos that are left to be called after this class so I could start driving myself nuts crunching numbers again haha.
    There will prob be at least 64 PHs in the next class. That's the max # of Latino's they can put in with a group of 320. If fdnyman is correct and they will exhaust all black PHs in this class that should be it for the next class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    There will prob be at least 64 PHs in the next class. That's the max # of Latino's they can put in with a group of 320. If fdnyman is correct and they will exhaust all black PHs in this class that should be it for the next class.
    And I think Jerk Alert said there should be 30-40 left from the EMT promos. Obviously I don't know how many EMT's will recycle but it looks like they could need anywhere from 200-240 off the OC list for the Jan 2014 class.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    And I think Jerk Alert said there should be 30-40 left from the EMT promos. Obviously I don't know how many EMT's will recycle but it looks like they could need anywhere from 200-240 off the OC list for the Jan 2014 class.
    Ya, 200-240 ballpark sounds reasonable.

Forum Member

You do not sign the offer letter there, you have it signed when you go on the 22nd.

Forum Member

I will be speaking with my mentor this week I will find out how high up the OC list they went. Either way if you are within the top 500 range you will prob have a good chance for January 2014.
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

What list number have they reached as of right now?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrico150 View Post
    What list number have they reached as of right now?
    Sounds like they reached to the 70's on the OC list for the run.

Forum Member

Congrats to all who made it.

Forum Member

Hey, ManahattanMedic re-posted something I wrote before the previous class went in, and I appreciate it. I'll rehash this again:

For you guys going in, you're now on the inside. Everyone else is on the outside and you DON'T need to share everything that goes on inside the academy gates. That's for you, no one else. We don't share all about the way we do things. Additionally, some things need to be experienced by all on a first hand basis. The unknown is a strong instructional tool and you DO NOT need to undermine that tool by sharing every tiny detail here in internet land.

You're heading in. You'll be experiencing such wonders as FST, Motivation Alley, The Smoke House and hit with quizzes and and tests, even when you don't expect it. You'll learn what it REALLY means to "watch TV" and pay as a group. When you learn what all of these things are, keep it to yourself. Done.

Forum Member

Any idea when we will know if they have enough guys for this class or if they will send out more run letters ?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Any idea when we will know if they have enough guys for this class or if they will send out more run letters ?
    I am sure if they have to send out more letters to people, it will be done by the end of this week. Then again if people do not reach all the requirements by Monday, they may still need to replace those people. My guess is if you do not hear anything by Tuesday of next week, then I think they have the class filled.

Forum Member

177 guys from EMS are set for this class, the rest is not confirmed yet. Be back in another few months.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    177 guys from EMS are set for this class, the rest is not confirmed yet. Be back in another few months.
    Wow.... So far 500 promos have gone in and more are set for the winter. Almost 2 complete classes of promos. I think exam 6019 had a total of 80 hahaha. I really should've just joined the EMS years ago. This seems like its going to become the main way people enter the FDNY.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Jukez, any idea how many EMS are around for January's class?

Forum Member

Also, what do you guys think, is this a good thing for us? Bad? or does it really not affect us in any way for the January, July, and other future classes?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Wow.... So far 500 promos have gone in and more are set for the winter. Almost 2 complete classes of promos. I think exam 6019 had a total of 80 hahaha. I really should've just joined the EMS years ago. This seems like its going to become the main way people enter the FDNY.
    Why do you think Cassano's kid did it? Not saying it's an easy job at all, but the competition for the promo exam is dramatically lower than the OC one.
    HopefulFF likes this.

Thread Information