Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 1019 FirstFirst ... 39464748495051525999149549 ... LastLast
Like Tree7734Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

The link doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    Merit matters is gonna have a field day with this.

One thing everyone has to understand is that they don't have to do this for anyone. Yet alone for free, of course they have to pay the school for the usage of there facility and pay for copies. Put all of yourselves in their shoes I mean I wouldn't do it for free taking time away from my family and all I would want to make some type of change out of it. Believe me they are making a lot of money out of this but they didn't have to do this for candidates it not like it was mandatory or anything.
    What in the f*ck are you talking about?
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

Forum Member

NY1 and the Post, it's something... I wouldn't be surprised if they let everyone in tonight. BTW they talk about receiving e-mail confirmation but I haven't received anything from the Vulcans and I signed up for the prep.

Forum Member

Anybody with the Vulcan materials (booklet and notes) care to share them for a day? I can scan the entire book in a day and return your copy (I'll even pay what you paid for it) and send the PDF file to anyone who is interested (white, black, yellow, male, female, and even Red Sox fans). Happy to meet anywhere in the boroughs (I'm in Long Island City) or I can send you Priority Mail shipping fees.

Thanks guys, and good luck. My test is 3 weeks from tomorrow so I'm trying to get as prepared as possible.

Forum Member

For those of you that went and were turned away, keep going. You'll be joined by members OTJ, we stand with you on this.

http://fdnyrant.proboards.com/index....y&thread=12277

Link to our forum. Follow the advice put down on there. Expose the vulcans for the d-bags they are.

Forum Member

I just called EEO, they were aware of the issue already, but the more calls the better.

For what it's worth, Lt Brown seemed like he was only following orders. It's tough to say anything nice about someone telling you you can't enter a room because of the color of your skin, but I didn't have any anger towards him last night. Just my personal feelings on the matter. He made it clear Washington gave him orders.

Forum Member

Join FDNY

REMINDER -- PLEASE READ SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY: The Fire Department will be calling all applicants to register for our Firefighter Information and Tutorial Sessions in order of test date. As previously stated, we will never ask for personal information when we call (if the person calling asks for those details, it is a scam -- do not give this information over the phone). It is up to you whether you wish to attend these classes, they are not manditory, but you must be registered to attend.

Forum Member

Merit matters is gonna have a field day with this.

One thing everyone has to understand is that they don't have to do this for anyone. Yet alone for free, of course they have to pay the school for the usage of there facility and pay for copies. Put all of yourselves in their shoes I mean I wouldn't do it for free taking time away from my family and all I would want to make some type of change out of it. Believe me they are making a lot of money out of this but they didn't have to do this for candidates it not like it was mandatory or anything.
    Merit Matters is the only organization looking out for the best interest of the job. I would seriously think twice about knocking them.

Guys who are going tonight....be squared away, be respectful, dont do anything or say anything stupid. There is a lot of ignorance within the ranks of the Vulcans, but I find it hard to believe they are really this stupid to think they could get away with this....either they are really f*cking dumb, and are going to scramble to find some way to blame you guys, or that seed was already planted awhile ago, and have something in their back pocket (like a judge, for instance).
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I just called EEO, they were aware of the issue already, but the more calls the better.
    Can you please post their contact info.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Opti2000 View Post
    Can you please post their contact info.

Should have posted this before, here you go...

EEO FDNY (718)999-1448

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Merit Matters is the only organization looking out for the best interest of the job. I would seriously think twice about knocking them.
    http://www.fdnyemerald.com/

http://www.fdnycolumbia.com/

http://www.fdnysteuben.org/

http://www.fdnyvikings.org/

One question why isn't anyone complaining to these ferternal organization for not hosting a tutorial/tutoring classes for candidates? I speak for all minorities when I say that if we were to protest at any of these organization we would have the police beating our A S S E S. there claims would be that we protested in a violent manner. And they would have probable cause in doing so. Point blank they are not hosting anything because it's not mandated for them to do so. To bad many of you got turned away because you really didn't deserve it but some of you are knocking the vulcans from day one and now your crying for help. I'm making it clear that im not referring to any of the 6019 candidates I have a completely different view on that matter.
    Last edited by Skavenger85; 03-01-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Forum Member

Deleted by user
    Last edited by prospectff; 03-01-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Forum Member

http://www.fdnyemerald.com/

http://www.fdnycolumbia.com/

http://www.fdnysteuben.org/

http://www.fdnyvikings.org/

One question why isn't anyone complaining to these ferternal organization for not hosting a tutorial/tutoring classes for candidates? I speak for all minorities when I say that if we were to protest at any of these organization we would have the police beating our A S S E S. there claims would be that we protested in a violent manner. And they would have probable cause in doing so. Point blank they are not hosting anything because it's not mandated for them to do so. To bad many of you got turned away because you really didn't deserve it but some of you are knocking the vulcans from day one and now your crying for help. I'm making it clear that im not referring to any of the 6019 candidates I have a completely different view on that matter.
    You're a pos, through and through. I pray that you don't make it to the next step, you exemplify what we don't want on this job. Racists, that's what the sulkans should change their name to. At least they wouldn't be full of it then.

Forum Member

guys, don't even respond. You only validate his comments with a response. Leave them be and within a few hours they'll be buried deep in the thread.

Anyways, it doesn't look like we are going to be able to get our hands on a copy of the Vulcan's hand outs. I've already spent several hundred on prep classes, but will pick up the Don McNea prep books. You can order them online and download pdf copies. If anyone else would be interested in chipping in on this, PM me.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    You're a pos, through and through. I pray that you don't make it to the next step, you exemplify what we don't want on this job. Racists, that's what the sulkans should change their name to. At least they wouldn't be full of it then.
    Smh you sir are very ignorant I really dislike you and I don't even know you, thank god I haven't met you in person seriously. To the people I had the pleasure of speaking with on pm I will not forget you no matter what goddamn color wheel color you are. I don't care about what race you are and I don't care what your beliefs are. I will keep in contact with you I promise.
    Last edited by Skavenger85; 03-01-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Forum Member

they knock the vulcans because of the disruption they have caused in the fdny... everything from the hiring freeze to the millions of dollars in tax money that has to be paid for the countless overtime just because they want to go overboard.... everybody knows racism isnt an issue in the fdny

Forum Member

Finally made it on to the ny1 website. Pretty short and doesn't say a whole lot though...

http://queens.ny1.com/content/top_st...--group-claims

Forum Member

If you were part of last night's fiasco:

When you call eeo, get a name of who you are talking to. Don't let them send you to voicemail. Demand to talk to someone in charge... Don't let them sh.t can your call.
    I'm on there website now and it clearly states that applicants for employment may file a complaint.. Don't make it anonymous, (too easy for them to sh.t can) leave your name, the job is not allowed to retaliate in any way for you making the complaint. I believe you should also be given a complaint number. Number again is 718-999-1446/47/48

Read more: http://fdnyrant.proboards.com/index....#ixzz1ntUSKthS

Also send a letter explaining what happened to you to:

Equal Employment Oppurtunity Officer
    Equal Employmnet Opportunity Unit
    New York City Fire Department
    9 Metro Tech Center, Room 4E-1
    Brooklyn, NY 11201,3857

Attention: TO BE OPENED BY ADDRESSE ONLY

Mail it at the counter at the post office and pay for a return receipt.

This info was taken directly from the FDNY Books, PA/ID 1-77 section:5.2.5

Read more: http://fdnyrant.proboards.com/index....#ixzz1ntUh5r45

DO THIS NOW.

Thread Information