Like Tree10460Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Sorry, It's a total of 320... Forgot 4 EMS that got hurt last class who also coming back for this class...
    Gotcha thanks again for the info! I mean the real shocker here is the 5:1 ratio. Maybe they are being more strict than ever about residency.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

17 oc ... 122 ph....
    wow, very surprised by the OC #. With 122 PHs guess that almost confirms there will be a max of 64 in the next class.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Gotcha thanks again for the info! I mean the real shocker here is the 5:1 ratio. Maybe they are being more strict than ever about residency.
    Top of the list is full of vets, which most likely means that a lot of them might be away still etc. just an assumption though, this I can't say I know for certain.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    What # was reached previously w/ packets?
    I think 773, they sent packets out through 103.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

I just had a brain fart - what's the "P" & "D" mean on the list numbers?

I was assuming the same thing with military still away or guys losing residency points but those 2 letters dominate the first page from what I see.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I just had a brain fart - what's the "P" & "D" mean on the list numbers?

I was assuming the same thing with military still away or guys losing residency points but those 2 letters dominate the first page from what I see.
    D=disabled vet
    P=parent died LOD

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    D=disabled vet
    P=parent died LOD
    Got it - Thx. Well I know one guy who mistakenly checked off that "P" on the exam simply because he has brothers OTJ. He's not in the top 100 but he isn't far off either.

Forum Member

Yea I'm surprised at the ratio. On another note, only 4 EMS recycled?

Forum Member

So do you guys think they might call more oc guys?

Forum Member

No! Too late in the game, good luck to you all! Best job in the world!

Forum Member

I thought they had to hire 283 PHs which would leave the 122 plus the 64 next class short of that number.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    I thought they had to hire 283 PHs which would leave the 122 plus the 64 next class short of that number.
    As per the court order that's all there allowed to put in each class. Also, some PHs and others have told us that the PH list expires after the January class. So what ever number of PHs get in during the July and January class is it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    They had to hire 293 PH. Only 282 pass the test. Out of that 282 about 80 were black candidates and the other 202 were Latino candidates. For this July class all black candidates should have been place in this July class leaving only Latino left for January class. But I know for a fact a lot of people on that Ph list didn't get a run letter. So far no one can give me a valid reason. So I am going to guess once their papers was send over for final review a problem came up. I only know of one guy who stated to me that he was waiting for his appeal for a crime he did when he was young and he hope that he can be places in the January class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    As per the court order that's all there allowed to put in each class. Also, some PHs and others have told us that the PH list expires after the January class. So what ever number of PHs get in during the July and January class is it.
    This is true!!! January will be the last class for the PH. It's about 202 Latino left on that list but they can only hire the Latino candidates by the 1:5 ratio so some guys might not be going in.

Forum Member

Not all black candidates got their run letter. I know of someone that went through all the steps, and didn't get anything for the run.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Not all black candidates got their run letter. I know of someone that went through all the steps, and didn't get anything for the run.
    And he was a PH? I wonder why that was?

Forum Member

Yes, he was a PH, don't know why that was.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Side note, it took them over 80 list numbers to get 17 guys from the OC list? I wonder if that ratio is a sign of what it will continue as. That's about a 5:1 ratio for the very top of the list. Crazy!
    Jesus. I guess I missed July's class by a couple of spots then.
    Exam 2000
    Score: 106
    List: 1**

Forum Member

Sorry i don't mean go say it again but i'm still mind boggled by the 5:1 ratio ... That can be from many factors right? residency? BG? Run? you would think once your up to that part you had yourself squared away.. I know I would
    Exam: 2000
    List:12xx
    Grade: 102

Forum Member

Guys remember that who ever failed the run from those 282 are DQed completely, i dont know exact numbers but it can be anywhere from 10-20 so you can take that off from 282 which means the hiring for PH in January will be less than 60 and that's not counting the people who will most likely fail the run then as well so it might be even less than that. What's strange is that there's blacks from the PH list towards the very end of the list that will be in this class and Spanish in the list mid 200's. I don't know if they going by list order or by some other means. Regardless there won't be many left at all.

Forum Member

Guys remember that who ever failed the run from those 282 are DQed completely, i dont know exact numbers but it can be anywhere from 10-20 so you can take that off from 282 which means the hiring for PH in January will be less than 60 and that's not counting the people who will most likely fail the run then as well so it might be even less than that.
    that list of 282 we saw, there were rumors it was a list of PHs who finished all phases of the hiring process except the run, and then rumors it was just PHs going through the hiring process beyond the written exam. You have any idea which is true?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    that list of 282 we saw, there were rumors it was a list of PHs who finished all phases of the hiring process except the run, and then rumors it was just PHs going through the hiring process beyond the written exam. You have any idea which is true?
    I would think that it's 282 going through the process. Its the only way I can explain a guy list number 275-280 being in the academy next week. Unless like I said before they not going by list numbers and they going by something else which is also a possibility.

Forum Member

I would think that it's 282 going through the process. Its the only way I can explain a guy list number 275-280 being in the academy next week. Unless like I said before they not going by list numbers and they going by something else which is also a possibility.
    Ya, I hear you. If you're right then the next class having less than 60 PHs is definitely possible. I was thinking worst case scenario, they have 150 PHs left ready for the run.

Forum Member

PH 282 has got to be the full list of candidates who successfully passed the written exam (eligible candidates).

I don't think there would be any separate list for who finished a certain amount of the process up to a certain point- WAY too much work/detail for processing division and would never be made public.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    PH 282 has got to be the full list of candidates who successfully passed the written exam (eligible candidates).

I don't think there would be any separate list for who finished a certain amount of the process up to a certain point- WAY too much work/detail for processing division and would never be made public.
    Ya, you're right...but I thought I read some where 470 PHs passed the written exam. Maybe I'm losing it.

Thread Information