Like Tree9519Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #12276
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Ya, you're right...but I thought I read some where 470 PHs passed the written exam. Maybe I'm losing it.
    Yea I remember hearing that also, but right or wrong I wouldn't be surprised if were both losing out minds anyway haha.

    Question though, even if they do have 150 left for the run in January, didn't a couple of PHs say that they can only put a max of 64 PHs (Latinos because they went through the blacks on the list) in the January class?

  2. #12277
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Yea I remember hearing that also, but right or wrong I wouldn't be surprised if were both losing out minds anyway haha.

    Question though, even if they do have 150 left for the run in January, didn't a couple of PHs say that they can only put a max of 64 PHs (Latinos because they went through the blacks on the list) in the January class?
    ya, in a class of 320 with a 1:5 ratio they could only hire 64 latinos, 2:5 for blacks being 128. But they "only" put through 122 PHs total in to this class according to Jukez's source

  3. #12278
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    78

    Default

    I believe that the DOJ decided that the FDNY could hire up to 470 something candidates from a pool of PHs. From that pool 282 passed the exam and were eligible for processing. Could that be it?

  4. #12279
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    25

    Default

    has any of the probies for the july class begun looking through the reading assignments? i was looking at the assignment sheet and was sort of confused. i do not have it in front of me, but the chapter and page numbers didnt seem to match up. am i just off my rocker and overlooking something staring me in the face? or does anyone else see this as well? and lastly, for the vets going in to the academy who plan on using the post 9/11 bill - is there a va rep there that will submit our hours? or how does that work? i know...so many questions but i really appreciate the assistance from you guys and gals!

  5. #12280
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    I believe that the DOJ decided that the FDNY could hire up to 470 something candidates from a pool of PHs. From that pool 282 passed the exam and were eligible for processing. Could that be it?
    740 were identified as eligible for retro hiring by the courts. Of those, the dept had to hire a max of 293. Those who filed took the most recent written exam. Those who passed took CPAT, medical, psychological and background investigation. The final list of eligibles is the 282 that was published by DCAS. That is the final pool they can hire from.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  6. #12281
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    I missed out on a lot of info because of work and am lost. What OC are they up to? Is the class full? Been trying to catch up on the previous pages but confused.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  7. #12282
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I missed out on a lot of info because of work and am lost. What OC are they up to? Is the class full? Been trying to catch up on the previous pages but confused.

    This is a breakdown from anyone who's sorta lost. This may not be 100% accurate. This is only what I've understood from everything being discussed on here.

    Word is that they reached up to about OC list # 80 (for the July 2013 class). The class may be full because we haven't heard from anyone about anymore runs this week. (but we don't know for sure). The last run they had was on the 15th, where a majority of the OC guys who post on here went to. What everyone is trying to figure out now is what number of PH's might make it into the January class. From what I understand the court order states that they must hire black and latino PH candidates at certain ratios. (2:5 for blacks, 1:5 for latinos). Word is that the pool of black candidates from the PH list that they were allowed to draw from has been depleted. They must still hire the leftover latino candidates at the 1:5 hiring ratio thus making the max amount of latino candidates applicable for hire in January 64. (320 probies in next class divided by 5). It has also been said that PH candidates are not allowed to recycle (unless for medical reasons) and may not defer. Also, the PH list expires after this upcoming January 2014 class. Minus the 64 latio PH candidates and leftover/recycled EMS the January class is speculated to be mostly open competitive.

    I hope this clears up stuff for anyone who's lost and please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks guys and good luck to ALL candidates going into this next class. I hope everyone there who's got the right attitude does well, no matter what path was taken to get this job.
    BrooklynBorn, FuDsNmYc and Fdnyman like this.

  8. #12283
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Thanks MTK.
    Mtk123 likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  9. #12284
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    This is a breakdown from anyone who's sorta lost. This may not be 100% accurate. This is only what I've understood from everything being discussed on here.

    Word is that they reached up to about OC list # 80 (for the July 2013 class). The class may be full because we haven't heard from anyone about anymore runs this week. (but we don't know for sure). The last run they had was on the 15th, where a majority of the OC guys who post on here went to. What everyone is trying to figure out now is what number of PH's might make it into the January class. From what I understand the court order states that they must hire black and latino PH candidates at certain ratios. (2:5 for blacks, 1:5 for latinos). Word is that the pool of black candidates from the PH list that they were allowed to draw from has been depleted. They must still hire the leftover latino candidates at the 1:5 hiring ratio thus making the max amount of latino candidates applicable for hire in January 64. (320 probies in next class divided by 5). It has also been said that PH candidates are not allowed to recycle (unless for medical reasons) and may not defer. Also, the PH list expires after this upcoming January 2014 class. Minus the 64 latio PH candidates and leftover/recycled EMS the January class is speculated to be mostly open competitive.

    I hope this clears up stuff for anyone who's lost and please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks guys and good luck to ALL candidates going into this next class. I hope everyone there who's got the right attitude does well, no matter what path was taken to get this job.
    You nailed it!!! The only thing am not sure about now are the black candidates I spoken to two guys today that stated they will be in the January class. I ask did their investigator tell them that. They both said no but because they didn't get their run letter they figure they will be place in the January class.
    FuDsNmYc likes this.

  10. #12285
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tripps82 View Post
    has any of the probies for the july class begun looking through the reading assignments? i was looking at the assignment sheet and was sort of confused. i do not have it in front of me, but the chapter and page numbers didnt seem to match up. am i just off my rocker and overlooking something staring me in the face? or does anyone else see this as well? and lastly, for the vets going in to the academy who plan on using the post 9/11 bill - is there a va rep there that will submit our hours? or how does that work? i know...so many questions but i really appreciate the assistance from you guys and gals!
    The cycles on the reading sheet correspond to 2 weeks in the academy. Cycle 1 is Week 1 and 2, Cycle 2 is week 3 and 4, Cycle 3 is week 5 and 6, etc. The "teams" are our classes. Read all the assignments under Cycle 1, and that will be our reading for the first 2 weeks of class.

    The reading does skip around a bit. Follow the schedule and you should be fine.
    CableGuy516 likes this.

  11. #12286
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ovaltine_jenkins View Post
    The cycles on the reading sheet correspond to 2 weeks in the academy. Cycle 1 is Week 1 and 2, Cycle 2 is week 3 and 4, Cycle 3 is week 5 and 6, etc. The "teams" are our classes. Read all the assignments under Cycle 1, and that will be our reading for the first 2 weeks of class.

    The reading does skip around a bit. Follow the schedule and you should be fine.
    Incorrect. Each cycle is 2 days. You will see 3 teams on 1 day, and 3 on the other. This is mixed in with PT/FST and lectures. The reading does skip around a lot, but just do all the necessary reading for as far ahead as possible and you'll be alright.

    And my inbox is no longer full, for whoever was emailing me.
    CableGuy516 likes this.

  12. #12287
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Incorrect. Each cycle is 2 days. You will see 3 teams on 1 day, and 3 on the other. This is mixed in with PT/FST and lectures. The reading does skip around a lot, but just do all the necessary reading for as far ahead as possible and you'll be alright.

    And my inbox is no longer full, for whoever was emailing me.
    Thanks for clarifying. Must have misunderstood my buddy who was explaining it to me.

  13. #12288
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ovaltine_jenkins View Post
    The cycles on the reading sheet correspond to 2 weeks in the academy. Cycle 1 is Week 1 and 2, Cycle 2 is week 3 and 4, Cycle 3 is week 5 and 6, etc. The "teams" are our classes. Read all the assignments under Cycle 1, and that will be our reading for the first 2 weeks of class.

    The reading does skip around a bit. Follow the schedule and you should be fine.
    Don't get too hung up om the reading schedule. You were never given it in advance befire. They never gave it out ahead of time and we all did fine. Some stuff you won't understand until its explained or shown to you.....except for you guys out there in Volly land, I'm sure you know it all

  14. #12289
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Don't get too hung up om the reading schedule. You were never given it in advance befire. They never gave it out ahead of time and we all did fine. Some stuff you won't understand until its explained or shown to you.....except for you guys out there in Volly land, I'm sure you know it all
    I agree. If nothing else just try and get a broad overview of the various topics. Ropes, SCBA, building construction, engine ops, and ladder ops are most important. You'll know them inside and out by the end. Try and get the gist of it, but don't sweat the details yet, there's a reason why you also get taught this stuff in classrooms.
    Last edited by Manhattan Medic; 07-18-2013 at 11:07 AM.

  15. #12290
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Thanks for the reading info guys.....

  16. #12291
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    25

    Default

    I just wanted to say thanks to all you guys who answered me about the reading assignments, it definitley helped...also..I'd like to remind everyone who has to report to the rock on Monday the 22nd about the personal data sheet that is "suggested" in the back of manual that was handed out to us seperately from the two binders. lastly, bring your current residency proof! one team, one dream folks! lets keep the "smokings" to a minimum if possible! hahaha

  17. #12292
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Congrats to everyone who made the academy. Good luck and don't recycle unless you get hurt haha. I guess this is the point where the forum gets slow for a month till the investigation packets go out.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List # 12XX

  18. #12293
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    844

    Default

    I hate these slow days, especially when I legitimately have no work to do lol.
    vekdoggs75, River6019 and mocon337 like this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  19. #12294
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I hate these slow days, especially when I legitimately have no work to do lol.
    I am in the EXACT same boat. Bored out of my skull.
    River6019 likes this.

  20. #12295
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I am in the EXACT same boat. Bored out of my skull.
    Ha! I think we can figure out who the bored guys with office jobs are. If I had to do this for 40 years I'd go nuts. I guess that's why we're all trying to be firefighters.
    List # 12XX

  21. #12296
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    463

    Default

    So a couple corrections. Last list number from EMS in this academy 864 ( I believe that's the last one from that list) open competitive 94* (not 81 my source told me in a hurry and messed up) priority hire 278. I'll try and keep you guys posted when ever I get a chance of drops during the academy.

  22. #12297
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    I worked non stop for the past few days and now that I am home, I am bored out of my mind.

    Does any one know if they will ever bring "the fifth man" back?
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 07-18-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  23. #12298
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Have they told you guys how long proby school is gonna be?

  24. #12299
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    So a couple corrections. Last list number from EMS in this academy 864 ( I believe that's the last one from that list) open competitive 94* (not 81 my source told me in a hurry and messed up) priority hire 278. I'll try and keep you guys posted when ever I get a chance of drops during the academy.
    spoke to a buddy of mine who gave #s for the make up of this class that was pretty close to yours. He also thought the next class wouldnt have more than 50 promos/PHs combined. If they're at 864 (list had 869) and 278 out of 283 then that 50 number may be right.
    River6019 and BrooklynBorn like this.

  25. #12300
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    spoke to a buddy of mine who gave #s for the make up of this class that was pretty close to yours. He also thought the next class wouldnt have more than 50 promos/PHs combined. If they're at 864 (list had 869) and 278 out of 283 then that 50 number may be right.
    I am not as versed as you gentleman but I am curious if when we say they are at list number 864, is it possible that a large portion of those 864 are gonna go into the next class?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 32 users browsing this thread. (7 members and 25 guests)

  1. 4040clubBouncer,
  2. Bassjunkie06,
  3. EKFCASPER,
  4. Matador611,
  5. nptks,
  6. taketheatrain

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 12:13 PM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register