Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 495 of 1197 FirstFirst ... 395445485492493494495496497498505545595995 ... LastLast
Results 9,881 to 9,900 of 23939
Like Tree9376Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Congrats to everyone who took and passed the CPAT.. And good luck to the guys next in the chute.. Can't wait to have my balls busted by you guys in the FH..
    dawk34 likes this.

Forum Member

Is that for January's class or next July's class you're thinking? I know it's just opinion but I'm just curious to see what folks are feeling in regards to this. My head is all over the place because of what happened with 6019 and even though I'm sitting around 14xx I can't shake the feeling that I'll never even be called after a second class because some other bureaucratic political nonsense.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    See I have seasonal allergies should I even put it down? What a pain
    NO....unless you think that you're going to drop dead when a daisy pops up from the ground while you're running at The Rock. Otherwise keep it to yourself! Guys were putting down ankle sprains from 8th grade gym class....If you don't have metal in you, or a major surgery on record, it didn't happen. You don't want to end up like KnocKnoc dropping money on that expensive test. Obviously we all have to do what we have to do to get on though. I think that KnocKnoc set himself back a pair of shiny new running kicks for The Rock tho I got some spares for ya bud!
    vekdoggs75 and coldblood92 like this.

Forum Member

So, I guess now that some of us have completed the testing phase, we just play the waiting game?
    Last edited by chadxmerch; 05-03-2013 at 08:44 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    So, I guess now that some of us have completed the testing phase, we just play the waiting game?
    Keep ****ing working out. Don't kill yourself, but don't let off the gas.

Forum Member

Lol ! Thanks bro
    Test: 2000
    Score: 106
    List #: 1XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    Is that for January's class or next July's class you're thinking? I know it's just opinion but I'm just curious to see what folks are feeling in regards to this. My head is all over the place because of what happened with 6019 and even though I'm sitting around 14xx I can't shake the feeling that I'll never even be called after a second class because some other bureaucratic political nonsense.
    You're not alone in that feeling. After what happened with 6019, I probably won't be comfortable until I've gone through the academy, graduated and completed a few years successfully. What scares me is our economy. I'd like to think it's back, but you just never know.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    You're not alone in that feeling. After what happened with 6019, I probably won't be comfortable until I've gone through the academy, graduated and completed a few years successfully. What scares me is our economy. I'd like to think it's back, but you just never know.
    I couldn't agree more.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    I have a feeling alot of people are going to be pushed back further that what they thought. I met with my investigator to give in the rest of the paperwork and he seemed pretty confident july was out of the picture. Im thinking. With ems left, ph crap, this july will touch into low 100s on oc. Then jan there will be still ph left so I'm thinking they might not even get to 1xxx, maybe start early 1000s with the process but it looks grim in my eyes. Its a pain in the ***, wanted to get on in July but oh well

Forum Member

With my list number I was really hoping for the January 2014 class but with all the rumors and numbers be thrown around that is seeming more and more unlikely. If you go by the common hiring ration we've heard in the past of 1 hire for every 3 candidates. My number would most likely of been reached. But others have said there are more EMS promos available for this class than originally thought. All the rumblings of PH's failing out left and right have stopped, so who knows where we stand right now. I know we shouldn't speculate numbers because we won't have a real idea until that July class actually goes in. But a lot of us live on our own and to prepare financially for the 18 weeks in the academy, actually have some idea of what class we would be in would help aid the preparation.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Keep ****ing working out. Don't kill yourself, but don't let off the gas.
    Haha, yeah, I figured that was implied for anyone serious about this, I was more talking about the administrative side of it. Basically just waiting to hopefully hear good news.

Forum Member

Haha, yeah, I figured that was implied for anyone serious about this, I was more talking about the administrative side of it. Basically just waiting to hopefully hear good news.
    That's it. Maybe call your investigator in a few weeks or a month just to check up that your squared away. Everyone who is going to get called for the class probably has about 2 months before they hear about the run, so it's just a waiting game now.

What are you doing on here at this hour today kid?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    With my list number I was really hoping for the January 2014 class but with all the rumors and numbers be thrown around that is seeming more and more unlikely. If you go by the common hiring ration we've heard in the past of 1 hire for every 3 candidates. My number would most likely of been reached. But others have said there are more EMS promos available for this class than originally thought. All the rumblings of PH's failing out left and right have stopped, so who knows where we stand right now. I know we shouldn't speculate numbers because we won't have a real idea until that July class actually goes in. But a lot of us live on our own and to prepare financially for the 18 weeks in the academy, actually have some idea of what class we would be in would help aid the preparation.
    I feel the same way. I think the saving grace for guys around our # is people claiming residency or other bonus points that really won't get them. I know 1 guy specifically who claimed legacy credit just because he's got brothers currently otj. Personally, I am gearing for next summer just so I don't get disappointed around Christmas time. Who wants to be sad when Santa is coming to town ya know.
    KnocKnoc likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    What are you doing on here at this hour today kid?
    I'm glad somebody is paying attention. Family Day is tomorrow. Much to my surprise Family Day is a workday. I was not surprised to find out that they will not pay us overtime for it so we got a different day off instead.

e: Got our personal gear yesterday, in preparation for family day. Most of us have the new style bunker gear with the different reflective striping. It looks... weird. Still awesome to finally see it/have it though.
    Last edited by Manhattan Medic; 05-03-2013 at 12:04 PM.
    ffbam24 and dawk34 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    You were going in for 6019 too?
    Yes, did the medical 2 times for 6019
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I'm glad somebody is paying attention. Family Day is tomorrow. Much to my surprise Family Day is a workday. I was not surprised to find out that they will not pay us overtime for it so we got a different day off instead.

e: Got our personal gear yesterday, in preparation for family day. Most of us have the new style bunker gear with the different reflective striping. It looks... weird. Still awesome to finally see it/have it though.
    This is so exciting, I'm pumped for you. It reminds me of family day on Parris Island, both when I was there as a recruit and then again when I got stationed there.

Forum Member

This is so exciting, I'm pumped for you. It reminds me of family day on Parris Island, both when I was there as a recruit and then again when I got stationed there.
    Chad, has your investigator mentioned anything about your investigation being closed/done?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Chad, has your investigator mentioned anything about your investigation being closed/done?
    No, I talked to her a couple weeks ago and I asked if she needed anything from me and she said no and that if she needed anything she would contact me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    I called my investigator today to inquire about the completion of the background check, and she stated I will know when everything is completed when I receive my letter for the 1.5 mile run. For the guys that are concern with their criminal background; they take everything into consideration, such as, how long ago your arrest was, work history, school, etc. Pretty much what you have accomplished in life. So, if you were a productive figure in society after your rest, this will give you a upper hand when it comes to the decision making of your eligibility for the job. At the mean time, like Chad and MM stated, it is a waiting game now, so your best bet is the continue to workout and prep yourself for the July class.

Thread Information