Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 496 of 1161 FirstFirst ... 396446486493494495496497498499506546596996 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,920 of 23207
Like Tree9088Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

At this pace how long. How many classes will it take for an entire OC academy? This next class and maybe the next? Just trying to pace myself and keep my wife updated.. 4300s here.. I don't care if I'm in the last class as long as I'm in a class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by getting ready View Post
    Does someone on the job or in the know have any insight into whether they allow you on the job if you have controlled high blood pressure with meds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev7248 View Post
    Yeah they should

I sure wish there was a way to know for certain...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by getting ready View Post
    I sure wish there was a way to know for certain...
    You'll find out in due time. In the mean time I'd focus on being as healthy as possible in every other sense, or trying to get off of the HTN meds.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bigredladder View Post
    Do any one know how far in advances do they let you know about the 1.5 run? I have to put in a leave of absent 2 month in advances.
    Manhattan Medic said a few weeks before the academy.

Forum Member

You should really only use the way things worked with the current class as a guide. They didn't need to give us a lot of notice because we were all already employed by them. Also stuff like scheduling the 1.5m runs was pretty easy: They scheduled 3 dates to cover when each of the 3 EMS platoons had pass days, and that was it.

I imagine they might do things a bit farther in advance for future classes to give people more time to get their lives in order, quit their jobs, etc.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    You should really only use the way things worked with the current class as a guide. They didn't need to give us a lot of notice because we were all already employed by them. Also stuff like scheduling the 1.5m runs was pretty easy: They scheduled 3 dates to cover when each of the 3 EMS platoons had pass days, and that was it.

I imagine they might do things a bit farther in advance for future classes to give people more time to get their lives in order, quit their jobs, etc.
    I wouldn't hold too much hope for that. When I was hired off an OC list, they gave me a whopping 8 days notice. I couldn't even give my job 2 weeks

Forum Member

Few cpat things, get there early they let you go before your time. I found street parking really easy (Saturday morning). I was scheduled at 10, went there at 9, and was out by 11. Dont rush it, if you're in any shape at all the risk is greater by getting dq'd then it is time expiring. Heard today from my boy usmc on here that a guy trying to beat some record got dq'd by letting the ladder fall. Feels good to be done, now just waiting on that damn medical
    USMC2024 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Few cpat things, get there early they let you go before your time. I found street parking really easy (Saturday morning). I was scheduled at 10, went there at 9, and was out by 11. Dont rush it, if you're in any shape at all the risk is greater by getting dq'd then it is time expiring. Heard today from my boy usmc on here that a guy trying to beat some record got dq'd by letting the ladder fall. Feels good to be done, now just waiting on that damn medical
    Glad to see you got that CPAT out of the way as well grok!! For what it's worth, and for our sake and the sake of many others here, spoke with my mentor today to let him know I was done with CPAT, and he then stated that I should be receiving my medical letter soon, becuase they are putting a lot of guys through...what ever that means. I know it's just more just more rumor mill fodder, but hopefully he knows something we don't, lol!

Forum Member

I hope so bro lol. You gave your mentor a call already? I confirmed the email but haven't had the chance to call yet

Got a question for all you NY guys. California firefighter here, scored a 91 and listed 27xxx. Any chance of being picked up in the next 4-5 years? I know when I visited stations the guys said I'm good as long as I score a 90 or better. Thanks, stay safe.

Forum Member

I hope so bro lol. You gave your mentor a call already? I confirmed the email but haven't had the chance to call yet
    I've been in contact with him since the meet-n-greet thing they had at the museum. He gave us his contact info that day, and took our contact info as well. He's pretty good...checks up to see how things are going in the process and to see if we have any questions.

Forum Member

USMC curious what number you are since he said they will be calling you soon.

Any one know how the residency has been going with most candidates? do most people who claimed it, really have it, so far?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post

Any one know how the residency has been going with most candidates? do most people who claimed it, really have it, so far?
    300s, most people I've seen have gotten it. They also aren't that strict. The first meeting i was missing a month from a bill and he signed off on my residency credit anyway. Either way i had the bills just doesn't seem its as strict as i thought. Its up to the investigator

Forum Member

When i went to my interview i turned in almost 2 years worth of checking account statements and othere military documents that proved that im from NYC...my investigator said she was going to check with her supervisor to see if they would accept the documents that i gave her.

I spoke to her a couple of times after that and she said that she would call me if she needed anything else from me. Idk if i should take that as all my paperwork being good to go and they accepted my documents as proof of residency

Anyone got their residency points revoked? If so, how did they go about doing that?

Forum Member

To see if you got your points check the sheet the inv give you. They have you initial a sheet for residency, there's various boxes and they have you initial the ones you provided them. For me it was w2, checking, credit card bills, those portions of my sheet are initialed and verified by my inv

Forum Member

grok got it right...low 300's is my list number as well as his.

Forum Member

To see if you got your points check the sheet the inv give you. They have you initial a sheet for residency, there's various boxes and they have you initial the ones you provided them. For me it was w2, checking, credit card bills, those portions of my sheet are initialed and verified by my inv
    Thats the thing..i only got one block initialed..she said she was gonna check with her supervisor but never told me anything else..plus i heard that guys from the military get the residency points as long as they have nyc listed as their home of record

MembersZone Subscriber

Guys, I see a lot of comments about advanced notice for your current employer. I will tell you from experience that the FDNY DOES NOT give a rat's *** about what your employer wants. I myself received 6 days. I know guys who were late additions to their class who received a phone call the night before. And it's not just us; some of you who are cops probably dealt with the same kind of thing. You most likely will not be able to give two weeks notice or file for a leave of absence with two months notice. You WILL have to leave your current employer in a lurch to take this job, and for those of you looking to put in for a leave of absence I ask you this: why? If you get hired for this job, you don't need to look back. Loyalty is the right thing, and it's good that you guys don't want to screw anyone over. But you'll probably have to. So do what you gotta do. The Captain of proby school used to tell us a story about an ancient war where the commander burned all the ships the troops used to get there so they wouldn't have anything on their mind but winning the war. Burn the ships.

MembersZone Subscriber

deleted.....

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Thats the thing..i only got one block initialed..she said she was gonna check with her supervisor but never told me anything else..plus i heard that guys from the military get the residency points as long as they have nyc listed as their home of record
    The investigator probably won't call you unless they need something from you. I do believe you get the residency during military service, but I can't say for sure. If you have a parent who lived in the city for the dates they're asking for residency, get their records along with your DD-214 which has your home of record on it. Most likely the 214 is enough, but it can't hurt to have backup.

Thread Information