Like Tree11270Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

What do they make you do for a Methocholine test?

Forum Member

Have you guys been sworn in yet? Cause then the people who resign will be in the department orders.

Forum Member

Not sworn in yet.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynAllDayNYC View Post
    What do they make you do for a Methocholine test?
    They spray a histamine in your throat that triggers an asthma attack and make you perform a pulmonary test (blowing in the tube similar to the medical). There are 5-6 trials with each round the strength or concentration is increased. If your pulmonary function does not drop by 20% or more by the last trial ( strongest concentration) then you do not have asthma.

I took that test this past spring because I put down "seasonal allergies" on the medical form.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 106
    List #: 1XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    I hope this helps anyone who is at about my running times for 2.5 miles which was at a 8min pace(2.5 miles in 20 min)

For workouts 1-15 reference to page 580 http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t121...0/#post1374062 (FDNY Exam 2000)
    For workouts 16-31 reference to page 615 http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t121...5/#post1377307 (FDNY Exam 2000)
    (32) 2 miles at comfortable pace before upper-body workout
    (33) 3-1600m(1mile) 6:40min w/ 3:30 rest
    (34) Played soccer the night before so didn't run in the morning
    (35) 1200m warm-up
    (REPEAT 6 TIMES) no clock; spirit 200m, walk 100m, spirit 100m, walk 100m
    1200m cool down
    (36) No run warm up. Feel free to run a warm up
    (37) 3 miles in 20:48(6:56mile pace) I did it a lil faster today 20:41
    vekdoggs75 and CableGuy516 like this.

Forum Member

I know one that was dropped but others who quit

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    I know one that was dropped but others who quit
    Might be a stupid question but how can you be dropped before the class even starts ?

Forum Member

If you work FDNY EMS and have any cases/investigations open under your name for anything they can technically hold you back from any kind of promotion.

They missed his. He's gotta wait for January and hope it closes before then.

Forum Member

16 dropping was a rant rumor? Unless there's an 2nd source, or many people on the rant saying it... I wouldn't take it as gospel. We can start rumors here too, ya know.

Today I heard that this entire class is going to trucks, since the last class went to engines.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    16 dropping was a rant rumor? Unless there's an 2nd source, or many people on the rant saying it... I wouldn't take it as gospel. We can start rumors here too, ya know.

Today I heard that this entire class is going to trucks, since the last class went to engines.
    No someone wrote on the rant after it was written here. Not saying that makes it more true, I'm just saying.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    No someone wrote on the rant after it was written here. Not saying that makes it more true, I'm just saying.
    Someone implied here that it came from the rant. I don't read the rant so I can't check it either way.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Someone implied here that it came from the rant. I don't read the rant so I can't check it either way.
    I think they meant they saw it was just written on the rant as well.. It was written on the rant well after it was written here though, and the person who mentioned it being on the rant wasn't the person who wrote it on here. Again though, I'm just clearing it up, not arguing that it is or isn't true.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynAllDayNYC View Post
    Hi All,

Havent been following as closely as i probably should be at this point but i think im going to tune in more because it seems like things are speeding up. Two questions that I hoped this board can answer for me.

1) Have they began picking off OC list yet and how far down the list do we anticipate FDNY to go? (I scored 99 and have a list# 4xxx).

2) Is there a way for us to tell how far down the list they've gone? Like do they update this on the FDNY or DCAS website anywhere?

Thanks in advance! Good luck all.
    Bro... I'm in the 43XXs with a 99 as well.. I'm on an shoot me a PM.. Trying to get a group together who are all close to us..

Forum Member

I don't read the rant. But my source is very reliable.

And not to pat my own back here buy my track record has been pretty good so far with these facts.

I could be wrong of course, but I doubt it.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

I find it funny that some of these PHs are half white..... I guess they got half discriminated against right? Lol... This whole PH thing is just a big joke.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    I find it funny that some of these PHs are half white..... I guess they got half discriminated against right? Lol... This whole PH thing is just a big joke.
    I'm not surprised at that actually.

Forum Member

Hey guys this is my first post and I've been following for a while. Congrats to everyone who passed the exam and a special congrats to the guys who've graduated the academy. Hopefully the rest of us aren't waiting too long.

I have a question regarding my mail forwarding. I just moved from Brooklyn to Staten Island and I had to change my address. I sent a letter to DCAS to inform them of my address change. Are they the only ones I need to contact of should I call the FDNY recruitment service also?

Thanks
    FDNY Exam 2000

List #: 15XX

Intake: completed 2/14
    Medical: 3/14
    CPAT: 3/14
    Psych: 4/14
    Run: ?hopefully soon?

Forum Member

Did anyone do that Excel breakdown for lists 2500/2000?

Forum Member

Have you seen any FDNY fireman leave for other civil service jobs? Does the time transfer over?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    Have you seen any FDNY fireman leave for other civil service jobs? Does the time transfer over?
    I actually know a guy who went from PD to FD and then back to PD I believe. He was a little nutty though. Also that was like 10 yrs ago and I think your time did transfer back then. Not sure if it still does though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MDEL210201 View Post
    You need to disclose all your medical records. You have to sign a waiver. No waiver... no hire.
    Maybe so, but in the past it wasn't much of a look cause guys got through with all sorts of disqualifying ailments. I can't speak for the way they do it now however.

Forum Member

Hey does anyone know if you can get DQ'd for having Sleep Apnea?

Forum Member

Here's a quick break down of how your time counts. If you transfer uniform services your time goes up front. So if you do 5 with pd then you only need to do 15 with fd. However if you work for the city in a non uniform title ie engineer, teacher, electrician or plumber, your time will count on the back end. So if you have 10 years as a teacher and transfer to fd , you will need to comple your 20 but you will get credited with 30 yeass of city service. For every year you go past 20 years you get a higher percentage in your
    Of your pention.

FYI for those of you being hired by the city as of April 1 2012 you will automatically be put in tier 6
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuDsNmYc View Post
    Here's a quick break down of how your time counts. If you transfer uniform services your time goes up front. So if you do 5 with pd then you only need to do 15 with fd. However if you work for the city in a non uniform title ie engineer, teacher, electrician or plumber, your time will count on the back end. So if you have 10 years as a teacher and transfer to fd , you will need to comple your 20 but you will get credited with 30 yeass of city service. For every year you go past 20 years you get a higher percentage in your
    Of your pention.

FYI for those of you being hired by the city as of April 1 2012 you will automatically be put in tier 6
    What about FDNY fireman that left for suffolk or nassau police departments? Did their time transfer over?

Forum Member

What about FDNY fireman that left for suffolk or nassau police departments? Did their time transfer over?
    Go **** yourself. Anyone that answers this is a ******bag.

Thread Information