Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 503 of 1156 FirstFirst ... 34034534935005015025035045055065135536031003 ... LastLast
Results 10,041 to 10,060 of 23118
Like Tree9072Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

So when does the second class officially go in? Are all these people still testing for that class?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    So when does the second class officially go in? Are all these people still testing for that class?
    The official/unofficial rumor is July 29. Still plenty of time for testing. They don't have to offer the run till early/mid July.

Forum Member

Fellas---new to posting on here. I've been following the thread for a bit and I'd like to say congrats to all you guys about to get on. I'm on the OC list sitting around 8700. For you guys OTJ and anyone else who has an idea, what list number do you expect them to get to? In other words, do I have a chance? I know it's a few years away IF there is a chance.....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Here's the rumor mill. Now, this is a rumor mill that was started by a chief with 3 stars on his collar, so take it for what it's worth. The next class will begin in the last week of July. There are 150 eligible candidates from EMS. Despite the 3:2 court order, the rest of the class will be comprised of quota hires. Right now, 60 people have passed medicals from the judges list. They will not start hiring off of the OC because they don't want the clock to start when they won't be hiring many off the list.

Like I said, rumors.....we shall see.
    Last edited by FDsouthbxNY; 05-08-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYoneday View Post
    Fellas---new to posting on here. I've been following the thread for a bit and I'd like to say congrats to all you guys about to get on. I'm on the OC list sitting around 8700. For you guys OTJ and anyone else who has an idea, what list number do you expect them to get to? In other words, do I have a chance? I know it's a few years away IF there is a chance.....
    It's really too hard to say at this point. The Department/DCAS projected potentially getting up to your range, however there won't be a clear idea until the first full OC class goes in and we get an idea of how many candidates they process to fill 320 seats.

FDsouthbxNY's rumor is the one that makes the most sense to me. I know it'll suck for the top 100, but no sense in getting the ball rolling with #2000 if they're only going to take ~50 from the list.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Here's the rumor mill. Now, this is a rumor mill that was started by a chief with 3 stars on his collar, so take it for what it's worth. The next class will begin in the last week of July. There are 150 eligible candidates from EMS. Despite the 3:2 court order, the rest of the class will be comprised of quota hires. Right now, 60 people have passed medicals from the judges list. They will not start hiring off of the OC because they don't want the clock to start when they won't be hiring many off the list.

I know I'm not the only person here whose blood pressure rises when he sees the terms "quota hires" or "judge's list".....Congrats for the 60 who passed their medicals. I wonder if I can retake my SATs 10 yrs later and see if Harvard will let me in this time around.
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

I can see this rumor being true, but that would make for a really small July class, right? They couldn't be starting with more than about 200 people.

Forum Member

Man, I really hope this isn't true. Its already 193 days between academy class start dates (if I remember and am adding right, Jan 17th to July 29th). To think that they would clear a class of maybe less than 200 guys and then wait another 193 days to put another in would seem like a waste of resources. Obviously for my own selfish reasons if the OC list was not touched this summer I have a much worse chance of the winter class and then I can look forward to waiting another 193 days.

To quote Danny Glover, "I'm too old for this ^%$#."
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

been hearing the same thing from multiple people OTJ

Forum Member

I don't think they are saying the class will only be made up of 200 people, nor do I think they would put in a class of just 200 people.

Forum Member

He said right now 60 have passed the medical, not 60 total. They would not put a class of 200 in, because that would mean that they could fill 1/3 of the class with OC candidates.. and they probably would.

I believe the rumors that they will probably try not to touch the OC list for this class, but I also believe they are going to fill 320 spots one way or another.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYGUY28 View Post
    youll just have to retake the stairs in the same sequence you did it the first time. If your heart rate isnt where its supposed to be at by the 5 min mark they will tell you to keep going for 8 . Train every other day and do more weight and more time and at a faster steprate then what they say . Because IMO that stepmill is faster than 60 steps per minute.
    Can you turn on your private messages?

Forum Member

maybe they get about 250 from EMS/PH counting the people recycling from the first class? PHs have been taking their medicals for just under 2 months now if memory serves me right.

Forum Member

Is that 150 EMS the last of the eligibles or do more remain? The more I hear, the more I feel it's going to be a waiting game until next July, if economy doesn't mess up or something else unforeseen.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

I know this is completely off topic, but just for my own curiosity, if I get employed by FDNY for ems would it be easier for the investigators to do a background check on me even though I'm in the oc list whenever and if ever they call my list number since I would already be employed by them?
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    I know this is completely off topic, but just for my own curiosity, if I get employed by FDNY for ems would it be easier for the investigators to do a background check on me even though I'm in the oc list whenever and if ever they call my list number since I would already be employed by them?
    Whatever you're thinking, just stop it. What do you care if it's easier on them? The background investigation is the same no matter who you are, or if you already work for them. The primary concern is that there is a higher standard applied to firefighter candidates due to the peace officer status. Everyone in EMS gets the same type of background check that OC people get because EMTs/paramedics aren't peace officers.
    ffbam24 likes this.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Whatever you're thinking, just stop it. What do you care if it's easier on them? The background investigation is the same no matter who you are, or if you already work for them. The primary concern is that there is a higher standard applied to firefighter candidates due to the peace officer status. Everyone in EMS gets the same type of background check that OC people get because EMTs/paramedics aren't peace officers.

Ok fair enough I was just curious that's all. Reguardless I'm gonna still apply for the emt position, I want to be part of the FDNY one way or the other but my heart will always be set for firefighting. Now here's other question for you mm, if I apply for emt and while I wait I get my paramedic cert while I wait for my emt list number, once I get my paramedic cert will they be able to change it from emt to paramedic instead if they have t reached my emt list number yet? Or will I have to wait another year to apply again?
    Last edited by FdnytolifeE293; 05-08-2013 at 07:41 PM.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

If that rumor were true, it would be the worst. It's already been almost two years since the filing period for the test and then to not hire off the list that late in the game would be crazy. I mean, I know I'm not the only one who has completed all the pre-hire steps. I just want to get in as soon as possible (if I get in that is).

Forum Member

Shouldn't te PH's be done with the medicals by now? If so then they should have an idea of how many passe, right? if they are saying 60 passed then that should mean only 60 PH's are eligible or am I reading into this wrong?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Shouldn't te PH's be done with the medicals by now? If so then they should have an idea of how many passe, right? if they are saying 60 passed then that should mean only 60 PH's are eligible or am I reading into this wrong?
    Investigations, and CPATs are still going on.

Thread Information