Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 504 of 1019 FirstFirst ... 44044544945015025035045055065075145546041004 ... LastLast
Results 10,061 to 10,080 of 20371
Like Tree7734Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Shouldn't te PH's be done with the medicals by now? If so then they should have an idea of how many passe, right? if they are saying 60 passed then that should mean only 60 PH's are eligible orls am I reading into this wrong?
    Sounds like 60 have passed so far and that the medicals might still be ongoing.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

If list 2000 is not touched, the countdown doesn't start..then, hypothetically wouldn't more people in the end be hired? So.. That's a good thing?.. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    Can you turn on your private messages?
    Should be on

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Investigations, and CPATs are still going on.
    Investigations are still going on for PH's?

MembersZone Subscriber

Man, these PHs are killing you guys. Hang in there; seems pretty bleak now but it'll get better. I would plan on this happening a couple times until city hall sees enough diversity to shut the feds up. Bloomberg may not be on board with them, but he sure as hell doesn't want to hear any more crap. I don't know what percentage is deemed appropriate, but some bean counter has it figured out. Also, have no doubt that attempts will be made to fudge the scores of PH candidates who fail something in order to get them on. This is big time politics here, and the job as a whole IS going to suffer for it. What's happening to you guys now is just the beginning; pretty soon lives are going to be in the hands of almostthere and company.
    ffbam24 and FDsouthbxNY like this.

Anyone going to CPAT training tonight?

Forum Member

Hi Guys,
    First post but I've been a long time follower of this thread. Thanks for all the great info!

Just took my CPAT yesterday, another box checked! Anyone from Jersey looking for a training partner? These long runs are getting pretty tedious by myself. I'm in the ocean/monmouth county area.

Oh and a heads up for all us waiting for Medical appointment dates. My investigator told me the cut off for July has passed so don't expect anything for a while. However, my list number is 63X. Just food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeNoVowel View Post
    Hi Guys,
    First post but I've been a long time follower of this thread. Thanks for all the great info!

Just took my CPAT yesterday, another box checked! Anyone from Jersey looking for a training partner? These long runs are getting pretty tedious by myself. I'm in the ocean/monmouth county area.

Oh and a heads up for all us waiting for Medical appointment dates. My investigator told me the cut off for July has passed so don't expect anything for a while. However, my list number is 63X. Just food for thought.
    Hi joe,

Im sure im not going to be the only one who's thinking this but if you live in jersey how are you even taking the fdny test if you have to be a resident of New York city or the surrounding counties? Just wondering? Anywho good luck to you .

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYGUY28 View Post
    Hi joe,

Im sure im not going to be the only one who's thinking this but if you live in jersey how are you even taking the fdny test if you have to be a resident of New York city or the surrounding counties? Just wondering? Anywho good luck to you .
    new york residency is not required to take the FDNY written exam.
    JoeNoVowel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    I thought you had to be a resident of the city and or resident of rockland, orange , westchester or dutchess county new york. I'm pretty positive that it is a requirement. Im going to look it up now.

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    i was right you do .

To be hired as a New York City Firefighter, you must:

Pass both the computer-based test and physical ability test;
    Be a U.S. citizen at the time of appointment;
    Be at least 21 years of age;
    Be able to prove your identity and the right to obtain employment in the United States under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986;
    Meet established medical and psychological guidelines and pass a drug screening;
    Demonstrate proof of good character and pass a background investigation;
    Be able to understand and be understood in English;
    By the date of appointment, have a four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and at least 15 college semester credits earned as a result of satisfactory completion of course work at a college or university accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education or; full time military service with an honorable discharge; or 6 months of full time, satisfactory paid work experience;
    Hold a valid New York State motor vehicle driver's license;
    Be a resident of one of the five boroughs of New York City, or live in Nassau, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Suffolk or Westchester County;
    In addition, you will be required to be a Certified First Responder with Defibrillation (CFR-D) by the end of your probationary period. FDNY provides a CFR-D training program during the probationary Firefighter training course. Upon successful completion of FDNY's CFR-D course and receipt of our CFR-D certificate, payroll deductions will commence at a rate of $30 per pay period until the total cost of the training course is recouped by FDNY. Those who fail to obtain a CFR-D by the end of probation will be terminated.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/co...s_080106.shtml

Forum Member

I thought you had to be a resident of the city and or resident of rockland, orange , westchester or dutchess county new york. I'm pretty positive that it is a requirement. Im going to look it up now.
    At the time of appointment. Basically as in the day you get hired on.

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    At the time of appointment. Basically as in the day you get hired on.
    Doesnt say by time of appoinment. It says and i qoute "

Be a resident of one of the five boroughs of New York City, or live in Nassau, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Suffolk or Westchester County;"

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

You have to be a resident by the time of appointment. The only thing is that he wouldn't be able to claim res points on the exam. Unless he has family and mail going to their house this whole time while he's living in jersey. Believe me there's a few people like that out there in this crazy planet
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

deleted......
    Last edited by FDNY4Eva; 05-09-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charli83 View Post
    hey guys i'm new to posting here so just wanted to say thanks for all the great info first off.

Now, i have asthma but havent needed to use an inhaler for nearly 15 years now. When i go in for the medical should i even put down that i have asthma or just forget about it?
    dont put it down

Forum Member

Doesnt say by time of appoinment. It says and i qoute "

Be a resident of one of the five boroughs of New York City, or live in Nassau, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Suffolk or Westchester County;"
    Yeah man, anyone from anywhere can TAKE the test. I've met plenty who came from out of state, but you need to be living in the 5 boro's or outlying counties by the time you hit academy.
    List # 12XX

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Yeah man, anyone from anywhere can TAKE the test. I've met plenty who came from out of state, but you need to be living in the 5 boro's or outlying counties by the time you hit academy.
    GOTCHA . Wasnt too sure how that rule played out .

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    Man, these PHs are killing you guys. Hang in there; seems pretty bleak now but it'll get better. I would plan on this happening a couple times until city hall sees enough diversity to shut the feds up. Bloomberg may not be on board with them, but he sure as hell doesn't want to hear any more crap. I don't know what percentage is deemed appropriate, but some bean counter has it figured out. Also, have no doubt that attempts will be made to fudge the scores of PH candidates who fail something in order to get them on. This is big time politics here, and the job as a whole IS going to suffer for it. What's happening to you guys now is just the beginning; pretty soon lives are going to be in the hands of almostthere and company.

When you said "I would plan on this happening a couple times until city hall sees enough diversity to shut the feds up", did you mean that they may try and get the January class fully consisted of PH's as well? How could they do that with the 3:2 hire ratio? Wouldn't them not hiring any off of the OC list be violating the 3:2 hire ratio terms? This is ridiculous.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    When you said "I would plan on this happening a couple times until city hall sees enough diversity to shut the feds up", did you mean that they may try and get the January class fully consisted of PH's as well? How could they do that with the 3:2 hire ratio? Wouldn't them not hiring any off of the OC list be violating the 3:2 hire ratio terms? This is ridiculous.
    I could be wrong but I think after this incoming July class, there won't be enough PH's to fill an entire class even if every eligible one passed every step of the process...I hope.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Thread Information