Like Tree9816Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYPDtoFD View Post
    Was anybody able to compare those two lists for duplicates? Does the individual with the excel formula skill need both lists on a single sheet?
    if someone can get me both lists in excel I can take it from there.

Forum Member

It will probably be a good year still until new contracts are made.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    if someone can get me both lists in excel I can take it from there.
    shazam!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/eb...s_Compared.xls

If the list needs further modification, shoot me a PM
    Last edited by NYPDtoFD; 07-28-2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: ninja edit

Forum Member

Good luck to everyone starting the academy tomorrow!

Forum Member

If u live in NYC, is there anyway you can perform a background investigation on yourself just to see what would pop up..like is there a place I can visit or is there a website that will allow you to do this or get this I formation?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by neal2578 View Post
    Why is this a dumb question? Do you have any idea what Sleep Apnea is?
    yes I do, and unless you plan to sleep on the job, I don't know WTF this has to do with being a fire fighter. Both my parents have sleep apnea, as its a common thing, and it has nothing to do with getting in the way of any job.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=FuDsNmYc;1378642]
    Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Im a C.O, im in the Tier 4 pension (20 and out) are you sure If I transfer over my time will count up front, because I thought now it always goes at the back end, and I was anticipating starting FDNY and having to start over a full 20 year career and push my retirement back, but leave with a 20+ pension with my DOC time at the back[/QUOTE

Your time will count on the front end my BOLD brother in blue. I too am a CO. Our Tier 4 will carry over but our vaction, and pay scale will go back to starting pay.

I also worked for health and hospitals corp. for 7 years which is a non uniform title before i came to the DOC. I will get that on the back end. So when if i stay for 20 with FD. I will have 27 years in the pention. Non of my vacation carried over to Corrections, but I cashed it out.
    Wow nice to see another C.O on here!!! I hope you make it outta D.O.C man.

Im tired or working with lazy bad officers, this job is totally un appreciated. You try to do your job, and your own supervisors get mad at you. Its a bum job. The inmates basically have more rights than you..

Oh and how about summer.. being a fire fighter in the summer is cool, being a C.O in the summer, going to a hot jail with no ac on a Saturday afternoon to deal with idiot staff and scumbag inmates, while every1 else you know is going to the beach... yea sucks.
    FuDsNmYc likes this.

Forum Member

(PIX11) – Monday will be a big day for the FDNY as the most diverse probationary firefighter class in history will be sworn in.

This year 40% of New York’s bravest is comprised of minorities.

285 firefighters will be sworn in.

It will be even more exciting seeing as this is the first new class since 2008.

The years-long hiring freeze was over whether or not the FDNY entrance exams discriminated against minorities.

A couple of things with this:
    1) This article obviously didn't they already put in a class 6 months ago. (It says this is the first class since 2008)

2) It says they are only swearing in 285??? Is this true?

Forum Member

[QUOTE=John246;1378741]
    Quote Originally Posted by FuDsNmYc View Post

Wow nice to see another C.O on here!!! I hope you make it outta D.O.C man.

Im tired or working with lazy bad officers, this job is totally un appreciated. You try to do your job, and your own supervisors get mad at you. Its a bum job. The inmates basically have more rights than you..

Oh and how about summer.. being a fire fighter in the summer is cool, being a C.O in the summer, going to a hot jail with no ac on a Saturday afternoon to deal with idiot staff and scumbag inmates, while every1 else you know is going to the beach... yea sucks.
    AGREED, this Corrections is to much of a liability. Your either going to get fired or sued by some savage. But everytime I walk to my car in the west parking lot I can see the Rock, and I know better days are coming.
    NYPDtoFD likes this.
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYPDtoFD View Post
    shazam!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/eb...s_Compared.xls

If the list needs further modification, shoot me a PM
    my job blocks that website. I can DL it when I get home tonight and work on it tomorrow

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    (PIX11) – Monday will be a big day for the FDNY as the most diverse probationary firefighter class in history will be sworn in.

This year 40% of New York’s bravest is comprised of minorities.

285 firefighters will be sworn in.

It will be even more exciting seeing as this is the first new class since 2008.

The years-long hiring freeze was over whether or not the FDNY entrance exams discriminated against minorities.

A couple of things with this:
    1) This article obviously didn't they already put in a class 6 months ago. (It says this is the first class since 2008)

2) It says they are only swearing in 285??? Is this true?
    They didn't check their sources at all, and must be mixing information about this class and 01-13. We finished with 285.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    They didn't check their sources at all, and must be mixing information about this class and 01-13. We finished with 285.
    yea thats what I was thinking. There seemed to be too many similarities. I kept checking the date to make sure it wasn't an article written about the last class.

Today is the day they are sworn in thought right?

Forum Member

FDNY twitter said 318 were sworn in

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    seeing that tweet sucked....
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Isn't that the same exact amount that got sworn in in the January class?

Forum Member

My buddy who's in the class said it looks pathetic. Guys out of shape/ can't follow directions. Not passing judgement since i personally have no idea, just passing along what he told me
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    seeing that tweet sucked....
    Quit crying and go train. You, like me, have the luxury of knowing you'll be reached, and I'm 99% positive that it'll be the next class. Many that read this thread have no such luck. Know that you're probably 6 months away from it becoming a reality and kick it up a notch. Also to be fair I'd say it's a lot better to go into a winter class, so there's that too.

My buddy who's in the class said it looks pathetic. Guys out of shape/ can't follow directions. Not passing judgement since i personally have no idea, just passing along what he told me
    The Drill Instructors are professionals and it's only day 1. I have faith in their abilities.
    HopefulFF, KnocKnoc and FuDsNmYc like this.

Forum Member

Say guys drop out the next couple of days could they still do last minute runs to try and get new guys in to fill the opened spots ?

And any official word on what number they got up to on the OC list? I know it was in the low 100's.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ready4fire View Post
    If u live in NYC, is there anyway you can perform a background investigation on yourself just to see what would pop up..like is there a place I can visit or is there a website that will allow you to do this or get this I formation?
    Try a lexisnexis report. But you'll already know if you have something questionable in your own background.

OAK
    Forum Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OAK View Post
    some other numbers from the article:

"There were 123 priority hires in Monday’s class, according to FDNY figures.
    It also had 175 FDNY emergency medical technicians and paramedics who passed a promotional exam to the rank of firefighter. Twenty candidates were hired from the open competitive list created in February 2012."

Is that what was being said on the forum?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OAK View Post
    “You are a true cross-section of New York,” said Mayor Bloomberg at the swearing-in ceremony.

Reading the quotes from Bloomberg and Cassano its pretty obvious they never intended to appeal anything about this lawsuit but their besmirched reputations.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    “You are a true cross-section of New York,” said Mayor Bloomberg at the swearing-in ceremony.

Reading the quotes from Bloomberg and Cassano its pretty obvious they never intended to appeal anything about this lawsuit but their besmirched reputations.
    I love how every news publication is going nuts over the diversity numbers going into the academy. Let's see what the graduation #s are before we get all soft in the knees. That's what really counts right???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Also to be fair I'd say it's a lot better to go into a winter class, so there's that too.
    I agree. A guy I knew in the first promo class said even those nice spring days were beastly hot in bunker gear. The summer class has gotta be pretty rough. People fainting on the regular I bet.

Forum Member

I'd also like to say best of luck to anyone who started the academy today. I hope you're very gracious for the opportunity you've been granted. A lot of people would kill to be in the position you're in, so do the right thing and prove that you deserve it. For us January guys, let's keep training! We have no excuse to not be prepared for this January class. Let's do it boys! (and gals)

Thread Information