Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 508 of 1210 FirstFirst ... 84084584985055065075085095105115185586081008 ... LastLast
Results 10,141 to 10,160 of 24196
Like Tree9405Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I spoke of these a few pages ago but didn't really say it outright. There were like 5 proposals on Family Day. One group had 3, which they did all at the same time.
    amazing!!I I can only imagine how awesome that day was for you guys and family.

Forum Member

Hey guys - I've been following this forum for a while now. My nerves finally took their toll and I created an account to get in on the action. Just like most of you I am wondering when my time will come and have so many questions.

My list number is 42XX and I'm thinking i'll be in one of the last classes made up from this test. Otherwise, I may try and go the EMT route just to ensure a spot if my number doesn't get reached. What do you guys think?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYHockey View Post
    Hey guys - I've been following this forum for a while now. My nerves finally took their toll and I created an account to get in on the action. Just like most of you I am wondering when my time will come and have so many questions.

My list number is 42XX and I'm thinking i'll be in one of the last classes made up from this test. Otherwise, I may try and go the EMT route just to ensure a spot if my number doesn't get reached. What do you guys think?
    dont think your number will have a problem being reached
    they are probably going to have 8-10 classes from this list with 320 in each class (not including the first class)
    8 classes * 320= 2560 spots plus a 1/3 ratio is list number 7680
    nick0525 likes this.

Forum Member

Saw a few pages ago someone posted about having to take a methacholine test because they had seasonal allergies. Just wondering if it's necessary to put down that you have allergies if you just get a runny nose or irriatated eyes every once in awhile. I have awhile until I get to that stage, but just inquiring.
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

I hope that's the case. In the grand scheme of things waiting 2-3 years is peanuts, especially for the best job in the world. I may do EMS just to be on the safe side, I'd kick myself in the a** big time if something were to happen.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    Saw a few pages ago someone posted about having to take a methacholine test because they had seasonal allergies. Just wondering if it's necessary to put down that you have allergies if you just get a runny nose or irriatated eyes every once in awhile. I have awhile until I get to that stage, but just inquiring.
    I know this process is nerve wracking, but you have to calm down a bit. If the sum total of your allergies is the occasional sniffles, nobody needs to know about it. If it's something that you had to see allergists for and required heavy duty treatments that are on record, disclose it. Either way, this IS NOT a deal breaker. Half the Western world has mild seasonal allergies; if they DQ'd for that there'd be no fire department at all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by apples&oranges View Post
    dont think your number will have a problem being reached
    they are probably going to have 8-10 classes from this list with 320 in each class (not including the first class)
    8 classes * 320= 2560 spots plus a 1/3 ratio is list number 7680
    Does this account for PH's?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    I know this process is nerve wracking, but you have to calm down a bit. If the sum total of your allergies is the occasional sniffles, nobody needs to know about it. If it's something that you had to see allergists for and required heavy duty treatments that are on record, disclose it. Either way, this IS NOT a deal breaker. Half the Western world has mild seasonal allergies; if they DQ'd for that there'd be no fire department at all.
    Thank you for the response, much appreciated!
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Does this account for PH's?
    yes and no depending on what they do with the first class. i believe all the numbers i included are conservative because they should have no problem holding more then 8 OC classes during the 4 years of the list and over time the ratio could grow larger the 1/3

Forum Member

And in October (when I got my #), there I was thinking I'd be going through processing and CPAT by this winter/next summer. Silly me haha...
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    Thank you for the response, much appreciated!
    No problem. I know they tell you to disclose EVERYTHING, but there is such a thing as too much info. If there's no record of it (a grass allergy you handle with an otc medicine that isn't on record, for example), don't put it down. Only give them what you have to; don't volunteer things.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by apples&oranges View Post
    yes and no depending on what they do with the first class. i believe all the numbers i included are conservative because they should have no problem holding more then 8 OC classes during the 4 years of the list and over time the ratio could grow larger the 1/3
    Thanks, I hope you are right.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    No problem. I know they tell you to disclose EVERYTHING, but there is such a thing as too much info. If there's no record of it (a grass allergy you handle with an otc medicine that isn't on record, for example), don't put it down. Only give them what you have to; don't volunteer things.
    Yeah man it's nothing serious, just got tested to see what I was allergic too when I was around 10 years old. never got prescribed meds or anything. Just asking because like you said I don't want to disclose unnecessary things, but don't want to leave out things that lead to a potential DQ. Thank you again

SO i ran the course this weekend. THe map that Manhatten Medic posted was pretty spot on. My running gps though said it was a little more than 1.5 miles. And their is a lot of traffic on that road with not a lot of sidewalk. Did you guys run it on the road and have it closed off? Because there was alot of baseball games going on . I felt i was going to get run over by the mini vans lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYGUY28 View Post
    SO i ran the course this weekend. THe map that Manhatten Medic posted was pretty spot on. My running gps though said it was a little more than 1.5 miles. And their is a lot of traffic on that road with not a lot of sidewalk. Did you guys run it on the road and have it closed off? Because there was alot of baseball games going on . I felt i was going to get run over by the mini vans lol.
    Was this map for the actual running test?

From the information I was given yes. But Ive been told different things by different people so who knows for sure lol

Forum Member

Any body have any idea or theories on why they are waiting till July 29th to start the next class. I know sometimes they give a short break in between classes, but this is over two months and all we keep hearing is how badly they want to hire.

I know it's likely no one knows for sure the answer to this, I'm just curious people's thoughts and if they will do the same thing after the July class?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Any body have any idea or theories on why they are waiting till July 29th to start the next class. I know sometimes they give a short break in between classes, but this is over two months and all we keep hearing is how badly they want to hire.

I know it's likely no one knows for sure the answer to this, I'm just curious people's thoughts and if they will do the same thing after the July class?
    have no idea myself, just assumed that they usually have classes in January and July. The city's new fiscal year starts 7/1, not sure if that matters for this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post

It does seem like an excessive amount of time between classes. I'm just taking a stab in the dark here but maybe since the instructors are still active firemen they want them to be able to get at least a few months a year in the firehouse? I bet Skyline would be able to answer if he was around.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Yeah I was the one that took that methocholine test last week for allergies. Passed it so that means I don't have asthma. Your fine if its just seasonal symptoms and no serious meds are needed.

Anyone going to the rock tonight for that final session?

Passed the physical but extra time there couldn't hurt.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 106
    List #: 1XX

Thread Information