Like Tree9860Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Any idea when an updated list comes out with guys now in the academy and guys that got dropped due to losing extra points ?
    I doubt they update the OC list anymore publicly. Every class they are gonna have dozens if not more guys getting pushed down the list because they faked residency. I don't see DCAS updating a public list every 4-5 months.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Just be glad they seem to have your email right haha.
    haha good point!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Any idea when an updated list comes out with guys now in the academy and guys that got dropped due to losing extra points ?
    Just heard from my buddy who's teaching at the Rock. 4 probies taken to the hospital with chest pain....ON THE FIRST F'ING REGULAR DAY! They don't do sh.i.t on the first day except a moderate run. That's damn pathetic, way to go fattys.....

If you get taken to the hospital from proby school, the next stop should be personnel, SO YOU CAN RESIGN to avoid termination. This is gonna be a long 18 weeks for some or hopefully, a short lesson in what jobs are not for you be for resignation.

Forum Member

List number 29X here - just got my medical letter for Aug 13th

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bk60191983 View Post
    general question about side jobs during the academy.

i was less than 50 people away from getting in the only class from 6019 and things were alot different for me back then. now i have a mortgage and a family to support. i want this job more than anything but will be taking a huge paycut when i hopefully get called next year. even if i can get a small job on the weekends even if its 1 day (it would be a big help). even if its delivering pizza or something. how is that whole idea thought about in the academy? thanks
    thanks for the help everyone. i guess ill have to see what happens (hopefully next summer). im sitting in the 1800's. good luck to everyone going forward and to all the guys and girls who just got in.

Forum Member

Anyone know of any gyms in Suffolk County with a step mill?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Just heard from my buddy who's teaching at the Rock. 4 probies taken to the hospital with chest pain....ON THE FIRST F'ING REGULAR DAY! They don't do sh.i.t on the first day except a moderate run. That's damn pathetic, way to go fattys.....

If you get taken to the hospital from proby school, the next stop should be personnel, SO YOU CAN RESIGN to avoid termination. This is gonna be a long 18 weeks for some or hopefully, a short lesson in what jobs are not for you be for resignation.
    Yea I was told 1 resign this morning too... This is what happens when you decide to prepare yourself 2 months before the academy. Too bad those spots won't be filled with people who WANT the job.

Forum Member

Medical date aug 15, list 34X
    River6019 likes this.

Forum Member

If the next round of medicals are going out hopefully this means the next round of processing packets aren't too far behind.

Forum Member

Sidejob: Not allowed during proby school. More importantly you will have no desire to actually do anything on the weekends other than regain your sanity.

I thought a second job wasn't allowed till after probation, but apparently not. The flip side is if you are injured at your side job during probation you could easily be fired for it.

Let the blood bath begin.
    bk60191983 likes this.

Forum Member

Anyone know if medical will go as far down as 500??

Forum Member

How do they pass the 1.5 run and the CPAT? I know everyone says the Cpat is a joke but it seems like if you could do the stairs, you should be able to not have a heart attack on the warm up day. I don't get it.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    How do they pass the 1.5 run and the CPAT? I know everyone says the Cpat is a joke but it seems like if you could do the stairs, you should be able to not have a heart attack on the warm up day. I don't get it.
    Yeah.. That's a good point.. 1.5 miles in 12 isn't Johnny blaze.. But it's not exactly slow either...

Maybe they didn't hydrate properly and got some pains..figuring there wouldn't be anything physical first day.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuDsNmYc View Post
    Did anyone else see the the new probie with what appears to be a 6019 tattoo on his forearm in the daily news? or am i seeing things.
    saw that too. couldn't make out what any other words said though. awesome.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Yeah.. That's a good point.. 1.5 miles in 12 isn't Johnny blaze.. But it's not exactly slow either...

Maybe they didn't hydrate properly and got some pains..figuring there wouldn't be anything physical first day.
    so what happens to these guys? are they out of the academy now? and if so, do they get another chance in January?

Forum Member

Unreal, these guys should have never been there to begin with, they are taking way spots from those of us who have been training and want to be there.
    stang0480 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Anxiety attack.

Forum Member

Hey guys quick question considering I mayhave a possible shot at the January class. I'm in the late 700s and recently injured my wrist at work and my knee as well. Such a bad time for this to happen. It looks like my wrist is fine, but my knee has a partial meniscus tear. I've had prior arthroscopic surgery years ago, but the Dr does not suggest surgery for this injury. However, do you think this can keep me out of the Academy/Career even if I don't need surgery? Or as long as it heals without the surgery I will be fine? Also, would I be able to defer for a later class just in case? I don't quite have a grasp on how deferring works. Please give me any information you guys would have, Thanks.

Forum Member

Can't describe how frustrating it is to be sitting here waiting while guy's that have the oppurtunity are throwing in the towel or getting washed out so quickly. Granted they scored better so they do deserve to be ahead of me but come on guys, prepare yourselfs and be aware of what your getting into with this job!!Plenty of guy's like myself would die to be in your shoes right now!
    FdnytolifeE293 likes this.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 97
    List: 79xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedAmbition View Post
    Hey guys quick question considering I mayhave a possible shot at the January class. I'm in the late 700s and recently injured my wrist at work and my knee as well. Such a bad time for this to happen. It looks like my wrist is fine, but my knee has a partial meniscus tear. I've had prior arthroscopic surgery years ago, but the Dr does not suggest surgery for this injury. However, do you think this can keep me out of the Academy/Career even if I don't need surgery? Or as long as it heals without the surgery I will be fine? Also, would I be able to defer for a later class just in case? I don't quite have a grasp on how deferring works. Please give me any information you guys would have, Thanks.
    I don't have anything definitive to offer, but if I were in your shoes, I would get a second opinion, just to be certain what your're dealing with. And hopefully someone OTJ can offer more.

Forum Member

Damn here I was thinking "IM GONNA BE FIRST TO POST ABOUT MY MEDICAL!", you guys are too quick haha.

Medical scheduled for August 16th, list # 42X... To the guy asking about reaching 500, looks like they may.

In regards to the notice they state "You are cautioned to abstain from the ingestion of quinine water ....... You must also abstain from consuming any poppy seed products." Any idea why that is? Just curious.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Dude.....is this an excuse? First of all, you should be able to run, at a slow pace, regardless of hydration. It's like 75 degrees out.... You need to show up expecting pain and hard work everyday. Believe me, they were told on Tuesday what to expect today. No one is left in the dark.

Second.....do you think we're always perfectly hydrated before a fire? Not always. You never know what's coming. If some puss-cake crys and whines after a little trot on the park, where are they going to be when the sh.i.ts on and you have to search an apartment blindly or push a hose line down an 800 degree hallway.

Everyone who thinks they want this job needs to sit back, forget the pay, the pension, the shiny trucks and flashing lights and decide if this job is really for them. The 11,000 guys on this job now went through the academy. Hundreds of thousands did it before us. If that p/t give you a little tightness in the chest, "supposedly", what are you going to do when you can't quit?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Damn here I was thinking "IM GONNA BE FIRST TO POST ABOUT MY MEDICAL!", you guys are too quick haha.

Medical scheduled for August 16th, list # 42X... To the guy asking about reaching 500, looks like they may.

In regards to the notice they state "You are cautioned to abstain from the ingestion of quinine water ....... You must also abstain from consuming any poppy seed products." Any idea why that is? Just curious.
    They can cause a false positive on a drug test.

Forum Member

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lq...ompared(1).xls

1st tab is 2000 list. 2nd tab is 2500 list. last column in 2nd tab is score if they match name from 2000 list... hope this helps.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    I don't have anything definitive to offer, but if I were in your shoes, I would get a second opinion, just to be certain what your're dealing with. And hopefully someone OTJ can offer more.
    I'm going back to the Dr in 2-3 weeks for a re-evaluation. He said its not a bad tear, but just to stay off of it for the next few weeks. I'm hoping that it heals and won't prevent me from making it into the Academy. I got the Lasik surgery for this job and have been training like there is no tomorrow. Now this all happens just a few months before the Academy. If anyone else has any information I would appreciate it, thanks again.

Thread Information