Like Tree11265Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Maybe day 2. But there were no tapouts day 1. That info is wrong.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    Maybe day 2. But there were no tapouts day 1. That info is wrong.
    I should say there were no buses called on day 1.

Forum Member

I should say there were no buses called on day 1.
    I think we're all referring to Wednesday as day 1. That was the first "real" day with paperwork and evaluations behind you.

So....who left on the actual day 1?

Forum Member

Just a heads up for you guys waiting for your initial interview packets. I just got off the phone with CID and they are "speculating" to send the next packets out around the end of sept.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fftank21 View Post
    Just a heads up for you guys waiting for your initial interview packets. I just got off the phone with CID and they are "speculating" to send the next packets out around the end of sept.
    That's a kick in the gut. I shouldn't of taken all my vacation days in August to sit by the mail box.
    River6019 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

I know I coming off as a little pretentious with the whole medical notice but DCAS has yet to change my mailing address and I need to know how far down the list they went to save a trip to my parents house. Can anyone who is 500 and up verify they got their notice?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by general_cornwalis View Post
    a few questions does everyone have to take the methacoline test? and do they take credit score into consideration on your background? my credit got messed up in 2009 but im working to rebuilding it.

thanks
    Methacholine is only for people who state seasonal allergies, childhood asthma, or stuff like that. I don't believe they care much about your credit rating.

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    The problem is the majority of these guys didn't score that great anyway. Most of these dudes are the bottom of the EMT list and then the scores on the PH list aren't that great anyway. There's 4 dudes on there (one of which I know) that get priority over us despite the fact that they got a 70 on the test.
    Now wait, which narrative is it: Was this written test totally BS and not reflective of anything? Or was it actually a decent measure of ability? I feel like everyone here always says the first, but if that's the case how critical can you be of low scorers? Cause it's BS right?
    general_cornwalis likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    I think we're all referring to Wednesday as day 1. That was the first "real" day with paperwork and evaluations behind you.

So....who left on the actual day 1?
    Someone had chest pains but the bus was cancelled i believe. I dont think anyone left.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JFKills View Post
    Well most of the EMS guys that were promoted were in the Jan class and now in the July class. However there was a hiring freeze for a little bit in EMS about a year and a half ago. There was a gap from July to Jan 2012. The EMS start date was the 23rd of January. Who knows when the class will even be for this winter..
    You know I never thought about this but now that you mention this..... Those EMS guys won't be up for promotional because "time of appointment" would be about a week before they hit their 2 years no??? And does the time count from day one in the academy or after they graduate from academy??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    Anyone know if medical will go as far down as 500??
    Im sitting in the 430s watching my my mailbox. The highest i have seen so far is in the 420s. I would hate to be the cutoff point.
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    I know I coming off as a little pretentious with the whole medical notice but DCAS has yet to change my mailing address and I need to know how far down the list they went to save a trip to my parents house. Can anyone who is 500 and up verify they got their notice?
    Ask your parents to check the mail

Forum Member

Obvious answer. Thanks but they're not home. Otherwise I wouldn't have resorted to using a message board.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    You know I never thought about this but now that you mention this..... Those EMS guys won't be up for promotional because "time of appointment" would be about a week before they hit their 2 years no??? And does the time count from day one in the academy or after they graduate from academy??
    So what does this man, they won't be eligible for this January's class?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    The time counts the day they get sworn in. But the Jan 14th schedule would start on a Tuesday so most likely they'll push it a week or 2 ahead especially since this class started in basically August.

Forum Member

It's possible that there will be people that won't be eligible for the next winter class because they will have just missed hitting the 2 year mark in EMS. Just means they'll have to wait till summer of next year.

Jukez our EMS time doesn't really count for anything. You are starting over as far as fire is concerned. Someone who is converting to tier 2 gets their pensionable time counted up front, but that means nothing for seniority/time on the job.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuDsNmYc View Post
    Im sitting in the 430s watching my my mailbox. The highest i have seen so far is in the 420s. I would hate to be the cutoff point.
    I'm very low 300's, and I'm also anxiously watching the mailbox! However, it usually takes me an extra day to get any DCAS or FDNY correspondence since I live out east on the island.
    Last edited by USMC2024; 08-01-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Forum Member

Wait so you guys don't think they'll even get up to 500 for January? =(
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Wait so you guys don't think they'll even get up to 500 for January? =(

I think they will definitely get passed 500 for January. The rumors (and I know there just rumors) say that at least 200 spots in the January class should be OC guys. If thats the case then even a 1:3 ratio gets to 600. I think it will be more of a 1:4 ratio, so thats up too 800. And dont forget they are already up to the low 100s for this july class. I know some of 100 OC guys are probably deployed and may be in the January class, but not all. Just my opinion though.

Forum Member

I think they will definitely get passed 500 for January. The rumors (and I know there just rumors) say that at least 200 spots in the January class should be OC guys. If thats the case then even a 1:3 ratio gets to 600. I think it will be more of a 1:4 ratio, so thats up too 800. And dont forget they are already up to the low 100s for this july class. I know some of 100 OC guys are probably deployed and may be in the January class, but not all. Just my opinion though.
    Yea I feel like those guys high up with military credits who are deployed wouldn't have a problem getting in fitness wise at all. Almost as if they're a sure thing. But then again nothing is. I'm hoping for next July since a lot of EMS folk took both and there will still be some guys deployed.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Remember that they send the packets out in 'groups.' If you haven't received on yet and you're close, you may get one in the near future.

If anything is for certain in regards to this process, we'll all be in the dark, for the most part, until something comes in the mail or you have an investigator and they call you.

It has always been somewhat of a slow process to get this job and recently, it has been even slower. Unfortunately, that's the nature this pursuit.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    It's possible that there will be people that won't be eligible for the next winter class because they will have just missed hitting the 2 year mark in EMS. Just means they'll have to wait till summer of next year.

Jukez our EMS time doesn't really count for anything. You are starting over as far as fire is concerned. Someone who is converting to tier 2 gets their pensionable time counted up front, but that means nothing for seniority/time on the job.
    I meant towards the promotion. Is it 2 years from when you are sworn in or 2 years from being out in the field?? And also someone was telling me about civil service status and some people being held back because they didn't have civil service even though they were EMS??? That confused the crap out me lol

Forum Member

Sounds like EEO office is busy already.

Forum Member

what happened?
    Last edited by NycQ83; 08-01-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Forum Member

Got medical notice via snail mail today.

Currently looking for relocation options in Westchester County. Anyone with a room share in the list range that could be in the January class that has something open that won't break the bank or know someone who does, please PM. Thx.
    FDNY exam 2000
    score: 104
    list # 3xx
    "Where I lack in experience, I more than make up for with inexperience."

Forum Member

Oh boy.......what happened?

Thread Information