Like Tree9877Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Someone I know in the class said a bunch of guys have quit already. No details on numbers or which group

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Oh boy.......what happened?
    Check your messages. Dont wanna post stuff here till i confirm it for myself...lets just say people had prepared to say no to certain things expected of them.

Forum Member

I think every single class goes through the same thing...people drop, people get singled out and people suck at pt. same thing, different class.

Forum Member

Just spoke to retired lt who was at the rock today, 170 in remedial as of now! Long LONG road ahead for these guys

Forum Member

Just for fun and cause I'm bored I'm going to guess how many pages this forum will be at the day I start the academy: 1254

Now I wait...

List # 10XX btw

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Now wait, which narrative is it: Was this written test totally BS and not reflective of anything? Or was it actually a decent measure of ability? I feel like everyone here always says the first, but if that's the case how critical can you be of low scorers? Cause it's BS right?
    Despite it not having any real measure of the character of a person, there is no denying that if you get a 70 on this test, you have other issues. Honestly, this test was embarrassingly easy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Despite it not having any real measure of the character of a person, there is no denying that if you get a 70 on this test, you have other issues. Honestly, this test was embarrassingly easy.
    This is a red lever, this is a red lever, this is a red lever..... what is this?

A) Potato
    B) 1535
    C) The Louisiana purchase
    D) A red lever
    E) All of the above

I don't know what you mean, that test was a brain buster! But yeah, I guess the point is that the test was so insanely easy that if you didn't get at least a 90 on it you probably shouldn't be trusted around heavy machinery.
    Gheech and dwm326 like this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    This is a red lever, this is a red lever, this is a red lever..... what is this?

A) Potato
    B) 1535
    D) A red lever
    E) All of the above

I don't know what you mean, that test was a brain buster! But yeah, I guess the point is that the test was so insanely easy that if you didn't get at least a 90 on it you probably shouldn't be trusted around heavy machinery.
    Haha I was just thinking the same thing.. You would literally had partial credits on ALL The personal questions to get a 70 lol ( if you aced the first 4 parts obviously). That is pretty embarrassing

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Haha I was just thinking the same thing.. You would literally had partial credits on ALL The personal questions to get a 70 lol ( if you aced the first 4 parts obviously). That is pretty embarrassing
    Yeah, I mean part 5 was truly insightful. Just what IS the perfect number of friends to stay in contact with from high school? Obviously its the same answer whether you are 19 or 34, or have since moved out of state.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Easy or not I don't think I've ever been that nervous taking an exam. I thought I bombed the exam tbh by bombed I mean not in the hiring range.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Yeah, I mean part 5 was truly insightful. Just what IS the perfect number of friends to stay in contact with from high school? Obviously its the same answer whether you are 19 or 34, or have since moved out of state.
    Some of those questions felt like they were for high schoolers. How many times have you been complimented at work. I work in a professional environment, no one says good job scout.
    River6019 likes this.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

I think everyone who studied the vulcans books knew that the key was try to impress though, atleast I did... I went in there not even worrying about the first four parts and said to my self no matter what kind of questions just try to "impress"... Those questions just threw me off and made me change my game plan though lol, definitely not what I was expecting

Forum Member

I think everyone who studied the vulcans books knew that the key was try to impress though, atleast I did... I went in there not even worrying about the first four parts and said to my self no matter what kind of questions just try to "impress"... Those questions just threw me off and made me change my game plan though lol, definitely not what I was expecting
    Ya, I agree completely. The Vulcan's guide to the personality Q's was spot on. It was worth driving all over NYC to get in to one of those prep sessions lol

Forum Member

Those questions just threw me off and made me change my game plan though lol, definitely not what I was expecting
    The Vulcan class made all the difference, I had the booklet already and was studying that. But how they said to answer those questions was a little different than what the book said and it made all the difference.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    The Vulcan class made all the difference, I had the booklet already and was studying that. But how they said to answer those questions was a little different than what the book said and it made all the difference.
    Now ask yourselves.....how DID the Vulcan's have such terrific insight into this BRAND NEW test format?!

Huh...the inside scoop, must be all of that racism they were talking about......

MembersZone Subscriber

A) Potato
    B) 1535
    D) A red lever
    E) All of the above

Especially those with red levers.
    River6019 and FDNY4Life like this.

Forum Member

Anybody else laugh when they open this thread and read the first post? Works every time.

"Hopefully a computer based test means we will get our scores back instantly."

Not knocking the poster at all - nobody coulda known what a long trip this would be.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hueylewis View Post
    Anybody else laugh when they open this thread and read the first post? Works every time.

"Hopefully a computer based test means we will get our scores back instantly."

Not knocking the poster at all - nobody coulda known what a long trip this would be.
    Take it easeeee
    River6019 and NycQ83 like this.

Forum Member

4 drops officially so far.. Everyone have a good weekend and don't forget " brahs don't let other brahs skip leg days" lol
    NYPDtoFD and FuDsNmYc like this.

Forum Member

Damn, I wish I had access to that booklet the vulcans had. I would have certainly aced the test. I was honest when answering the personality portion of the exam.

Example : How many times a day are you complimented at work ? I answered "rarely" because I'm a cop in a bad neighborhood and no one compliments us.

Forum Member

Anyone who has "inside information" guess how far down the OC list they will go for January?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    Anyone who has "inside information" guess how far down the OC list they will go for January?
    Nobody here has inside information. If a majority of the class is OC then it would almost definitely be at least beyond #500, but short of #1000.

Forum Member

Hence the quotes, lol. I know there's no such thing but I've seen posts up here that are almost dead-on accurate to what actually happens. It could coincidence or sheer deduction but I like the peace of mind I get from seeing those posts. (Which is really sadistic if you think about it especially if it turns out to be false)

Forum Member

Some of those questions felt like they were for high schoolers. How many times have you been complimented at work. I work in a professional environment, no one says good job scout.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYsFinest_28 View Post
    Damn, I wish I had access to that booklet the vulcans had. I would have certainly aced the test. I was honest when answering the personality portion of the exam.

Example : How many times a day are you complimented at work ? I answered "rarely" because I'm a cop in a bad neighborhood and no one compliments us.
    I guess I don't feel as bad after all since I'm not the only one that went through this ... I nearly aced the first part with the hydra verta 900 .... The last part was what really put me out the hiring range ... I went to a HS in a different country I barely kept contact only through FB ... Complimented at work, from who? I pick up garbage at the middle of the night the most I get is drunks trying to jump in the truck or throw garbage with me ... It would've been great to answer those questions to impress but I also remember reading that it said be honest so I went with being honest which totally sucked lol ... Now I just get to sit tight for the next couple of years and see how far this list reaches.
    BrooklynBorn likes this.

Forum Member

The best thing about the weekends away from the Probie School, is not the family time, nor the hot meals, nor the relaxation. It's the bathroom time, LOL.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Thread Information