Like Tree9617Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Here is my big question, for everyone who seems to have a feel for what we can expect and predict.. My list number is in the later 900's. When do you anticipate my number being called and hired for an academy?

Based on everything that's happening, with a list number of late 900's, when should 1 in this situation expect to be in the academy, and parting ways with DOC?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Here is my big question, for everyone who seems to have a feel for what we can expect and predict.. My list number is in the later 900's. When do you anticipate my number being called and hired for an academy?

Based on everything that's happening, with a list number of late 900's, when should 1 in this situation expect to be in the academy, and parting ways with DOC?
    Bro train hard because you going to get called !!!

OAK
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post

I'm 95x and hearing everything so far, I would ASSUME we are borderline Jan 2014 and July 2014. I could def. see us doing the background invest., psych, cpat and possibly the medical in the next 6 months. I'd say our chances are 50/50 getting in this Jan 14 academy, I myself I am looking to part ways with PD. Anyone else want to chime in and give us some insight..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OAK View Post
    I'm 95x and hearing everything so far, I would ASSUME we are borderline Jan 2014 and July 2014. I could def. see us doing the background invest., psych, cpat and possibly the medical in the next 6 months. I'd say our chances are 50/50 getting in this Jan 14 academy, I myself I am looking to part ways with PD. Anyone else want to chime in and give us some insight..
    Id agree with you...Based on the numbers thrown around so far I predicted that they may get to about 1000 on the list for jan

Forum Member

I'm in the very low 1000's and I'll be happy if they go over 600 for the January/winter class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OAK View Post
    I just cant see January.. I am training hard as is, at DOC theres a gym for e to use before my shift starts which I use every day.. Im hoping july at the latest, and not some nonsense going into 2015.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RJMacReady View Post
    I'm in the very low 1000's and I'll be happy if they go over 600 for the January/winter class.
    I'm with you, I see maybe 500 or so being reached. I just have an eerie feeling about more phs being in Jan than we think

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    I'm with you, I see maybe 500 or so being reached. I just have an eerie feeling about more phs being in Jan than we think
    Im fed up with PH's. They don't deserve the job this way.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Technically they can only put a max of 64 PHs in January's class. Im worried about how many EMS promos will be left and what the ratio is going to be.
    Last edited by NycQ83; 08-03-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Forum Member

Seeing as they are sending out packets based on the test score I could see them sending out packets to at least everyone with a score of 102 and maybe 101. That would give them more than enough candidates for January's class to pool from and then extras for July so that's already rolling as well.

I myself am in the low 900's and while I'm hoping for January cuz there would be a chance to make it on the tail end especially if the OC ratio stays the same, I'm realistically thinking July though.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey folks,
    Does anyone happen to have a copy of the sheet that is given to you if you go over on the heart rate portion of the medical? The interval training one.

Thnx
    Exam #2000
    #10XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MDEL210201 View Post
    Hey folks,
    Does anyone happen to have a copy of the sheet that is given to you if you go over on the heart rate portion of the medical? The interval training one.

Thnx
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t121...0/#post1378637 (FDNY Exam 2000) just follow the workouts ive been posting; and hit the stairs with a weight vest and youll pass NP!
    MDEL210201 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Technically they can only put a max of 64 PHs in January's class. Im worried about how many EMS promos will be left and what the ratio is going to be.
    Lol I don't believe in technically with this process. I've just heard 293 and will be prepared for the worst case scenario

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    I meant towards the promotion. Is it 2 years from when you are sworn in or 2 years from being out in the field?? And also someone was telling me about civil service status and some people being held back because they didn't have civil service even though they were EMS??? That confused the crap out me lol
    Digging this up because I realize I never addressed it. In EMS at one point in time you could be hired provisionally, meaning all you did was call a phone # and get your name put on a list. When they got to your name they put you through the hiring process, and that's it. Even though the civil service list is BS and just "you get a 70 for even being an EMT" that still counts as a testing process that ranks people based on experience. They used to hire people off provisional lists frequently but a combination of 1. the state civil service commission telling municipalities "stop hiring so many provisional workers, make them all civil service like you're supposed to" 2. a LOT more people applying for EMS positions via the civil service route meant they haven't had to touch the provisional list in years.

Promotional candidates need 2 years of time in the civil service title. That means anybody that got hired provisionally and never took the civil service exam may have screwed themselves. Meanwhile I got hired via civil service so every day I worked in EMS counted towards that time requirement.

edit: It really doesn't matter though. There will probably be a relatively insignificant # of EMS candidates for January.

Forum Member

54X on this list and I got my medical today. just letting you guys know for numbers sake
    coldblood92 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYistheGOAL88 View Post
    54X on this list and I got my medical today. just letting you guys know for numbers sake
    Nice I hope they keep going up I want this to be mostly oc for Jan

Forum Member

I was just told something disturbing about one of the drops from the academy.... The reason he quit was because that whole week they just focused on the dangers of being a fireman and how they showed videos of guys burnt on the job etc.. He didn't know that was what he was signing on for and decided it wasn't for him..... WTF do you think fire does to you IDIOT!! You taking someone's f*ing spot Jesus f*ing Christ!!! I usually don't drink but tonight I will have to....
    FdnytolifeE293 likes this.

Forum Member

Stop crying boys! Worry about yourself and not others, this is a scare tactic to weed out the boys from the men! It happens in every class. When it's your time to pay the piper, you will get your letter! Just enjoy your time of freedom cause the rock is far from freedom!

Forum Member

Yes, one of the instructors told us that he saw him walking out of the gate and asked him where he was going. He replied with "I don't think I'm ready for this", something along those lines. He should've done some research.....
    FdnytolifeE293 likes this.

Forum Member

I was just told something disturbing about one of the drops from the academy.... The reason he quit was because that whole week they just focused on the dangers of being a fireman and how they showed videos of guys burnt on the job etc.. He didn't know that was what he was signing on for and decided it wasn't for him..... WTF do you think fire does to you IDIOT!! You taking someone's f*ing spot Jesus f*ing Christ!!! I usually don't drink but tonight I will have to....
    It's sad jukes and I bet he won't be the only one ...there's a lot more to come....the vulcans pushed so much people to sign up for this test and never told them what captain Metcalf said on one of the brotherhood videos I guess was on orientation "...one of ya won't make it to 20 yrs someone in this room is going to die...this Job is a life and death job your life and the life of your brothers life depend upon...." Real upsetting and disturbing what he did ..... I have a half of gallon of jäger ;-)

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

What a p u s s y...
    Lol I wonder how many more of those are out there

Jukes ill drink to that cheers bro.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Double post
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

THINGS YOU CAN CONTROL

Being in shape for the academy
    Staying out of trouble
    Getting paperwork in order
    DUI

THINGS YOU WILL NEVER CONTROL

Someone's desire to obtain the title of probationary firefighter xxx
    Who drops out
    Who completes the the process(besides yourself)
    What number will be called for what class

Lets just do our part to make it to that expected end....... Probationary firefighter !!

Forum Member

These list # projections are making me worried that I am out of hiring range.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    These list # projections are making me worried that I am out of hiring range.
    I would suggest looking into getting an EMT-B certification and applying for EMS in the meantime. This is only to be proactive and to watch your back, although I think they will reach your number.

What do you all think the oldest someone can be right now to be eligible to take the next exam god forbid something were to happen this time around. With all this residency stuff and hearing how strict they are, I get worried.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List #: 20xx

Thread Information