Like Tree11245Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Thanks for all the help up to this point guys... This forum has helped me out a ton with this process...

August 13th is my medical date and idk if I would have made it up to this point without the help of soome of the O.G.'s that roam this thread (ManhattanMedic etc.)... Best of luck to that new class at the academy and everyone else on deck for next class

Does anybody know if the promotional and priority hire lists have been exhausted yet? Or will they still be pulling from those for the January class?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 105
    List: 2xx

Forum Member

Yes they will be hiring off of both ph and promotional in January, although many say promotional is pretty much used up and ph should only "technically" have 64 max allowed
    WTRBG likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYistheGOAL88 View Post
    54X on this list and I got my medical today. just letting you guys know for numbers sake
    does this mean you will be getting hired for January?

Forum Member

hey just a quick question.. I know theres a minimum number of hires they need aka PH's.. If a PH fails out of the academy, or quits, does that count as a PH hired and that's done with, or do they now have to hire an extra guy off the PH list for the next academy, and 1 less OC guy now for that, to replace that PH?

OAK
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    hey just a quick question.. I know theres a minimum number of hires they need aka PH's.. If a PH fails out of the academy, or quits, does that count as a PH hired and that's done with, or do they now have to hire an extra guy off the PH list for the next academy, and 1 less OC guy now for that, to replace that PH?
    They get one shot and that's it, they can't be recycled. In addition, them being hired does count as one towards the maximum # of 293. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Forum Member

54X on this list and I got my medical today. just letting you guys know for numbers sake
    Now I'm getting nervous that something is wrong. Still haven't received my medical letter.
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    These list # projections are making me worried that I am out of hiring range.
    I wouldn't let the numbers you see here bother you too much. They are exactly what you said: projections. And at that, the numbers really qualify more as speculation. Be prepared in every facet - health, fitness, paperwork, etc - the readiness will give you an advantage.

As far as the residency goes, they are being strict. If you have your paperwork in order and you're really a legit resident, not much reason to worry.

Forum Member

When is the date of your medical? If you don't mind telling..?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    I wouldn't let the numbers you see here bother you too much. They are exactly what you said: projections. And at that, the numbers really qualify more as speculation. Be prepared in every facet - health, fitness, paperwork, etc - the readiness will give you an advantage.

As far as the residency goes, they are being strict. If you have your paperwork in order and you're really a legit resident, not much reason to worry.
    To be honest the clear cut thing is the medical it seems. IT seems if you did your medical there is a good shot for you to be in that upcoming class. I dont remember how far they got down the list for medicals but I imagine they werent far off from the list # called on the OC list

Im list #8XX and Id feel pretty confident about being in the Jan class if up to list #1000 or higher did their medicals

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    To be honest the clear cut thing is the medical it seems. IT seems if you did your medical there is a good shot for you to be in that upcoming class. I dont remember how far they got down the list for medicals but I imagine they werent far off from the list # called on the OC list

Im list #8XX and Id feel pretty confident about being in the Jan class if up to list #1000 or higher did their medicals
    im in the late 900s and I didn't hear anything from fdny yet.

Forum Member

Have not been on here in a long time glad to see everything is moving along so far. On a side note my friend OTJ found a disturbing pic on instagram of a new probie taking a self pic in full bunker gear. Pretty disturbing considering we have been waiting for years for our dream and some clowns dont give a s-!t.. Debating putting it on the forum one of the things they tell you not to do because john q public is always looking.
    Exam# 2000

Forum Member

There are a lot of guys who have all their stuff complete who missed this class by the skin of their teeth. All of the guys who are just getting their packets now...realistically will probably be in contention for July 2014. Not saying that January isn't possible..but from experience...there are a ton of people who just need to complete the run in order to get a spot in January. Do not let this discourage you by any means...you have a lot of time to prepare yourselves mentally and physically. Don't let that window shut on you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tripps82 View Post
    There are a lot of guys who have all their stuff complete who missed this class by the skin of their teeth. All of the guys who are just getting their packets now...realistically will probably be in contention for July 2014. Not saying that January isn't possible..but from experience...there are a ton of people who just need to complete the run in order to get a spot in January. Do not let this discourage you by any means...you have a lot of time to prepare yourselves mentally and physically. Don't let that window shut on you.
    I haven't even gotten a packet yet.. has anyone else started getting packets recently?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SouthBK84 View Post
    Have not been on here in a long time glad to see everything is moving along so far. On a side note my friend OTJ found a disturbing pic on instagram of a new probie taking a self pic in full bunker gear. Pretty disturbing considering we have been waiting for years for our dream and some clowns dont give a s-!t.. Debating putting it on the forum one of the things they tell you not to do because john q public is always looking.
    The same thing happened in my class, and the same thing will probably happen in yours. If the DIs see it (and they probably will if you've been shown it) and they can identify who it is then the issue will be dealt with.

Forum Member

They processed through 300 on the OC list for medicals before the July class so who ever passed everything between 100ish and 300 is just waiting for the run.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tripps82 View Post
    I think that is the best measure, if a few hundred behind you get medicals then it looks promising

Forum Member

Default Next packages to be sent out

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    I haven't even gotten a packet yet.. has anyone else started getting packets recently?
    I posted a few days ago that I spoke with CID and they "speculate" that the next rounds of packets won't go out until close to the end of September. But that can always change.

Forum Member

http://video.foxnews.com/v/257743379...ance-to-serve/

Title: Sons of FDNY heroes fighting for the chance to serve

http://video.foxnews.com/v/258287140...serve-in-fdny/

Title: Sons of 9/11 heroes fighting to serve in FDNY

I dont know if these videos were posted on this thread already. interesting videos on group of people trying to get legacy credits.

Forum Member

I agree, usually, if you've gone to the medical, that's a good indication that you'll be going. But, I passed the medical late this spring and didn't make into this class.

With that said, there's approximately 150-170 list numbers in front of me that also would have been called to the medical before me and those numbers were not reached for this class either.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan View Post
    http://video.foxnews.com/v/257743379...ance-to-serve/

Title: Sons of FDNY heroes fighting for the chance to serve

http://video.foxnews.com/v/258287140...serve-in-fdny/

Title: Sons of 9/11 heroes fighting to serve in FDNY

I dont know if these videos were posted on this thread already. interesting videos on group of people trying to get legacy credits.

I went to CPAT with that guy Michael. Awesome guy who was very excited about the job and had a great attitude. Not to mention he destroyed the CPAT and was obviously well prepared for the academy. It's unfortunate that this happens to guys who want the job most.

Forum Member

Anyone in the 500's+ who got their letters for medical, can you post your date of medical? Trying to get an idea of how long until

Forum Member

Its no problem. Im scheduled for Aug 22

Forum Member

Thanks brother

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post

Thanks man. I know I have a few years but I realized that I missplaced a few W2's. I might as well re order those and bank statements and credit card statements ASAP.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    I went to CPAT with that guy Michael. Awesome guy who was very excited about the job and had a great attitude. Not to mention he destroyed the CPAT and was obviously well prepared for the academy. It's unfortunate that this happens to guys who want the job most.
    Wow that's Wednesdays tour B. You must have been in my cpat training too, that guy Michael was a beast. Sucks he lost his points

Thread Information