Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 513 of 1196 FirstFirst ... 134134635035105115125135145155165235636131013 ... LastLast
Results 10,241 to 10,260 of 23905
Like Tree9364Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    yes to telling your investigator about the ticket & which cleanse did you use?
    SUPER COLON CLEANSE from GNC
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYGUY28 View Post
    Post a pic, we want to see how clean it is.

How much do you have to weigh at what height if you don't mind me asking. I am on the shorter side so wondering how much I have to weigh.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 05-15-2013 at 03:41 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

How long is that? I tried fruit/veggie juicing this week, but I'm dead tired after a work day. Mind you sit on my *** and stare at a computer so I really shouldn't be this beat.
    FDNYGUY28 likes this.

Forum Member

got mine on Saturday. Ready to answer some weird questions?
    Not really...lol Never took a test of this sort so don't know what to expect. Looking forward to getting this part of the process done.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Part of me wants this to happen because it's going to be a big joke. Let them go in first so we can see the true disparity in their performance from the OP people. There will probably be a few that are normal but the majority will be comical and arrogant and will end up showing how screwed up this Ideology is.
    Yeah I don't doubt that'll happen, but who's going to be the only guys/girls seeing this? The guys otj who were opposed to it. Everyone else will just look at the numbers and clap that the dept got more diverse. Yippppppeeeeee

Forum Member

I don't want to cause a panic however company assignments were pushed back to tomorrow. The suspense is killing me.
    vekdoggs75 and Ladders 4 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I don't want to cause a panic however company assignments were pushed back to tomorrow. The suspense is killing me.
    Which borough are you hoping to end up in?

Forum Member

So this appeal victory means nothing for 6019? The judge is being kicked off the trial, but all of his earlier B.S. still stands?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bellestoria View Post
    So this appeal victory means nothing for 6019? The judge is being kicked off the trial, but all of his earlier B.S. still stands?
    That's the gist of it

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    How long is that? I tried fruit/veggie juicing this week, but I'm dead tired after a work day. Mind you sit on my *** and stare at a computer so I really shouldn't be this beat.
    took me a day
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Post a pic, we want to see how clean it is.

How much do you have to weigh at what height if you don't mind me asking. I am on the shorter side so wondering how much I have to weigh.
    depends on your height and age

Forum Member

the reviews on amazon make this sound....painful, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post

I threw in 1 or 2 of the juices from the blueprint cleanse in to my meals for this week, I can't/don't want to do a strictly juicing diet. They're not too tough to make yourself and actually taste pretty good, at least the pineapple/apple/mint one does.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Which borough are you hoping to end up in?
    Not Staten Island.
    mocon337 likes this.

Forum Member

Not Staten Island.
    thanks bro lol...what's the word there, you guys hearing people from SI can't get off this island too?

Forum Member

thanks bro lol...what's the word there, you guys hearing people from SI can't get off this island too?
    Honestly not meant to be a slight against SI or its firehouses, it's just incredibly far away and involves a toll. Everybody from SI wants off, but I imagine some of them will get sent there.
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

Honestly not meant to be a slight against SI or its firehouses, it's just incredibly far away and involves a toll. Everybody from SI wants off, but I imagine some of them will get sent there.
    ..........$15 smh

MembersZone Subscriber

Most guys who work on SI also live here so while everyone wants to go to more fires, that toll is enough to keep guys here. But you guys coming out should just be happy to be assigned wherever you end up. EVERY house on this job goes to fires and there's a few companies killing it, but for the most part fire duty is down. Just be happy that you're on. You can always make a move after some time has gone by. Congrats and good luck.

Forum Member

Ouch lol kinda expected that. Curious to see how many get sent here though

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by NYPDtoFD View Post
    No, MM is RIGHT, and you're actually wrong, the problem is that you do not know why you're wrong, but that's no fault of your own because the facts are confusing.
    No, YOU and MM are 100% off the mark on this. There's nothing to understand: the very idea of disparate impact is a fallacy. The job goes to the best man. Period, end of story. If minority communities feel underrepresented, I suggest a move from children being out at 3 am, gangster wannabe BS and prescribe some sorely needed discipline from parents who seem to be absent. How is it fair or just that a guy who studies and gets a great mark DOES NOT get hired because someone who didn't was raised in a minority community? How does anyone control where and how anyone else is raised? And why should that person who does what he's supposed to do be penalized for it? It's nonsense, and like I've been saying, the city allowed it because Bloomy and Co. are afraid of being tagged racists.

If you need to be dragged out of bed and force fed this job, you plain old don't deserve it. PLENTY of guys on this job were raised in the projects or by absentee parents; to say that a host of people should be handed the job because they happen to come from an underprivileged are is asinine and dangerous. Disparate impact is a bunch of BS, and it should be fought on every front. Bloomy just doesn't have what it takes and don't forget, the lefties need those minority votes. Don't think for a second you have the right idea on this.

Forum Member

Hey.. Random question.. Thinking about making a trip into the city for my birthday in a few weeks. I was looking to stop at a few FHs grab some tshirts and take some pics.. Just wondering if anyone knew some places that had a decent place to park..in a not bad part of town since my wife will probably be with me..

And does capt Morris still work at Rescue 1.. And LT McCormack at ladder 28?

Thread Information