Like Tree9513Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Wow that's Wednesdays tour B. You must have been in my cpat training too, that guy Michael was a beast. Sucks he lost his points
    Haha yeah bro, I was there. You get a medical yet?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Haha yeah bro, I was there. You get a medical yet?
    Yea my medical is the 15th that's crazy I feel bad for that kid he was definitely one of top performers there

Forum Member

Yea my medical is the 15th that's crazy I feel bad for that kid he was definitely one of top performers there
    can u check your pm when you get a chance please.

Forum Member

This is a little off topic but I don't recall seeing this brought up yet... does anyone OTJ have an idea of how protein supplements are viewed by instructors at the Rock? Like whey protein for example...do they not want anyone taking that stuff while in the academy? I don't see why it would matter, although I know they would not want people using anything that would dehydrate you. To my knowledge, whey protein doesn't do that.

And maybe this is just me being paranoid, but could something like whey protein or any supplement for that matter give you a false positive on a drug test?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MESAman View Post
    This is a little off topic but I don't recall seeing this brought up yet... does anyone OTJ have an idea of how protein supplements are viewed by instructors at the Rock? Like whey protein for example...do they not want anyone taking that stuff while in the academy? I don't see why it would matter, although I know they would not want people using anything that would dehydrate you. To my knowledge, whey protein doesn't do that.

And maybe this is just me being paranoid, but could something like whey protein or any supplement for that matter give you a false positive on a drug test?

if you're eating a balanced diet you don't need to take any sort of supplements. That's my personal opinion and I've heard a few instructors at the rock say the same thing.

Forum Member

Dude... 1 Lbs of chicken breast has around 100g of protein...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Dude... 1 Lbs of chicken breast has around 100g of protein...
    Yea I know. I eat a lot of chicken and steak and other good workout foods, but I just don't always have time to cook meals like that every day of the week or right after workouts. So I figured I could fill in the gaps with a protein powder.

Forum Member

Yea I know. I eat a lot of chicken and steak and other good workout foods, but I just don't always have time to cook meals like that every day of the week or right after workouts. So I figured I could fill in the gaps with a protein powder.
    I'm the same way bro... What I do is I usually carry around foods like tuna, peanut butter, whole grain breads, boiled eggs etc... Quick things that don't really need to be cooked and I'm able to hit my macros like that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    I'm the same way bro... What I do is I usually carry around foods like tuna, peanut butter, whole grain breads, boiled eggs etc... Quick things that don't really need to be cooked and I'm able to hit my macros like that.
    Whey protein is good, although your right with a balanced diet you don't need to take any whey protein.. but whey protein is very good, and its nothing that will cause any sort of false drug test, as those test for hormones/testosterone, which whey protein has nothing to do with..

Whey protein is healthy and has a lot of amino acids and has virtually no carbs or fat and desolves easy in water, so its easy fast pure protein.

Ive been taking whey protein for years, but I recently just switched to muscle milk because it has a lot of carbs in it in addition to more protein, because im trying to bulk.

Forum Member

Jukez, what list number are you around. If you dont mind me asking?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Whey protein is good, although your right with a balanced diet you don't need to take any whey protein.. but whey protein is very good, and its nothing that will cause any sort of false drug test, as those test for hormones/testosterone, which whey protein has nothing to do with..

Whey protein is healthy and has a lot of amino acids and has virtually no carbs or fat and desolves easy in water, so its easy fast pure protein.

Ive been taking whey protein for years, but I recently just switched to muscle milk because it has a lot of carbs in it in addition to more protein, because im trying to bulk.
    http://johnalvino.com/wp-content/upl...king-bro1.jpeg
    TomFromQueens likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Jukez, what list number are you around. If you dont mind me asking?
    Mid-high 1000s.

Forum Member

Now that everyone is getting their medical, when would we get our psych? Anyone in the low 500s or below got their psych yet?

And MESAman: The key word is supplement meaning it completes a diet. If you eat a well-balanced diet meaning its complete then a supplement isn't needed.
    Sultan likes this.

Forum Member

Yeah I feel really bad for Michael...really cool kid and was definitely a beast at CPAT training.

Forum Member

Anyone know when someone in about the 1300's on the list should expect something in the mail?

Forum Member

FINALLY received my medical letter today! I can now breathe.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 104
    List: 2XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by w13ny View Post
    Anyone know when someone in about the 1300's on the list should expect something in the mail?
    Original rumor was the next group of processing packets would go out this month but now word is late September.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dawk34 View Post
    FINALLY received my medical letter today! I can now breathe.
    I received mine today too. Thank god. I'm going on the 20th.
    dawk34 likes this.
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

does anyone know what the 1 next to your name means on the fdny list. i have one next to mine on the list as well as other people,

http://nycfire.net/files/list2000.pdf

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    does anyone know what the 1 next to your name means on the fdny list. i have one next to mine on the list as well as other people,

http://nycfire.net/files/list2000.pdf
    I believe the 1 represents an age extension for the guys who took 6019. Call DCAS to confirm it but that's what I heard.

Forum Member

no i didnt take the old test i am 31 at the moment. dont know if that matters. i will call tomorrow. sucky part is i am probably close to getting a medical letter, but i will probably be away for the military for the next year, started mid august

Forum Member

you had to be 29 on the first day of of filing. I hope you are good. On second read, I realized thats not were you were asking.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 08-05-2013 at 11:25 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

It seems to be every 40 spots ...not random

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    It seems to be every 40 spots ...not random
    Yeah, def doesn't have anything to do with the age extension. Since I got the age extension but don't have a 1 next to my name.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

There's 1 thing im alittle worried about that could possibly get in the way of me getting into FDNY..

Will an NYPD Psych DQ prevent me from getting into FD?

I have a clean record, I have a clean driving record, I have a long line of full time work experience going back to when I was 16, I have a college degree with a good GPA, and I have NO history of psychological issues. I failed NYPD cadet psych when I was 19, and because of that they failed me years later.

Im currently a nyc correction officer which means I had to pass their psych and background check, and I passed psych/background checks for 2 other agencies. NYPD stated to us if you get DQ'ed you'll be unhireable by any other city agency.. Well DOC hired me knowing about my DQ.. the nypd dq letter stated it was specific to nypd and has nothing to do with other jobs.

What do you think?

Thread Information