Like Tree11284Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

12 drops... And BtW .. I'm not so sure about PHs not being able to recycle to next class... I heard otherwise smh

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    12 drops... And BtW .. I'm not so sure about PHs not being able to recycle to next class... I heard otherwise smh
    Why would they let them recycle? They just had 10-14 years of preparing for this "job of their dreams." What can be a logical excuse for letting them do that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Why would they let them recycle? They just had 10-14 years of preparing for this "job of their dreams." What can be a logical excuse for letting them do that.
    Logic has never had anything to do with the PH situation.
    FDsouthbxNY and vekdoggs75 like this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

I think fdnyman said they could recycle under only one circumstance, I think he said if they got injured they could recycle.
    Last edited by TomFromQueens; 08-07-2013 at 04:20 PM.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fuoco83 View Post
    Dude I just sent you a friend request. Send me a message if you can. I was worried about the psych due to some past issues I had but it turned out I was worrying for nothing. I can share some info about the process because I had to meet with an FDNY pyschiatrist for an interview. I'm still nuts, but apparently in the way that is beneficial to this job : )
    I sent you PM. Hope you answer back.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    That's my general fear: hearing about people failing their psych. But no one will disclose why. My general deduction from what I've found on the internet is that candidates either open up too much revealing traits of psychological disorders or candidates appear introverted to the point that they're not meeting the profile of a rescue worker.

I've been told that there is a book that is available for purchase that could guide you through the psych portion but I really don't want to shell out $40 to some guy who is looking to exploit candidates.

What do you guys think? Cough up the dough or do you guys have any sage wisdom to offer?
    Like Medic said its the MMPI the only real way to fail is inconsistency you will answer the same question 5 or 6x same as PD. But if they ask a question I.E. have you ever been in a fight an you answer no and u were arrested when you were 16 for fighting in a park than you will fail. Or if you answer that u rarely drink and have 6 open alcohol container summons that's a red flag. You will screw yourself by trying to over analyze the question just answer what u interpret it as. When I did my oral for PD me and the psych actually both started laughing because I misinterpreted a written question which the way I answered it made it sound like I hear voices we cleared that up and everything was good.

Forum Member

Save your 40 bucks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Logic has never had anything to do with the PH situation.
    Sorry dude - I had a brain fart for a second there.

Forum Member

Are the drops in the current academy going to be replaced with backfills?

Forum Member

My friend has his medical next week. He is concerned about his medical because he has hardware in his leg (metal rod). Whats is the fdnys policy as far as that is concerned? What goes on at the medical as far as xrays?

Has anyone else disclosed having hardware in their body and what happened?
    Last edited by FDNY4Life; 08-07-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Forum Member

In the last round of medicals that if you failed the stepper on the first try you were invited back to do it a second time for 8 mins under a doctors supervision.

I heard this time that if you fail the first time you wont get that second opportunity.

Anyone know if this is true?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ready2go View Post
    In the last round of medicals that if you failed the stepper on the first try you were invited back to do it a second time for 8 mins under a doctors supervision.

I heard this time that if you fail the first time you wont get that second opportunity.

Anyone know if this is true?
    Doctors supervised on the 2nd round??? Pretty sure the docs don't get involved until the 3rd and final try.

Forum Member

How long are you on the stepper and what are they looking for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Doctors supervised on the 2nd round??? Pretty sure the docs don't get involved until the 3rd and final try.
    You go once for five minutes without a vest the day of your medical...if your heart rate is where it's supposed to be, and they will tell you, you'll go on a 10 minute break, then comeback and go again with a vest on for the 8 minutes. If your heart rate is to high you fail and will come back at a date of your choosing within 30 days. At that time a doc will be in the room monitoring you..if your heart rate is still to high it doesn't matter..as long as you go for the whole time and don't look like you will die at the end, you will pass.

Forum Member

How do they calculate the heart rate?

Forum Member

You go on for 3 minutes without vest, then you go with a vest for 5, or vise versa after a 5 minute break. If you fail the heart rate than you come back another day, and do the stair mill for 8 min./ w vest with a doctor evaluating your heart rate. Actually when you go the second time, if your heart rate is good after 5 minutes, they stop and you are good. Chances are you will be doing 8 minutes if you have to come back.
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 08-07-2013 at 07:45 PM.
    vekdoggs75 and tripps82 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    You go on for 3 minutes without vest, then you go with a vest for 5, or vise versa after a 5 minute break. If you fail the heart rate than you come back another day, and do the stair mill for 8 min./ w vest with a doctor evaluating your heart rate. Actually when you go the second time, if your heart rate is good after 5 minutes, they stop and you are good. Chances are you will be doing 8 minutes if you have to come back.
    Yep that's it!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    Received my medical and pscyh dates. Medical 22 AUG / Psych 24 AUG. Will have to reschedule the Medical, unfortunately, but hopefully can do that ASAP... Good luck to everyone moving through the next step (and obviously to everyone at the Rock).
    Congrats bro, I havn't gotten anything about my psych yet. Anyone else? I've only gotten my medical.

EDIT: Disregard, just checked the mail and got it haha. August 24th
    Last edited by Mtk123; 08-07-2013 at 08:48 PM.
    mocon337 likes this.

Forum Member

No. They always expect at least a 10-15% attrition rate and they do not back fill after swearing in.

Forum Member

My friend has his medical next week. He is concerned about his medical because he has hardware in his leg (metal rod). Whats is the fdnys policy as far as that is concerned? What goes on at the medical as far as xrays?

Has anyone else disclosed having hardware in their body and what happened?

OAK
    Forum Member

Default Selective Service Letter

Fellas, quick question..I'm expecting my BI packet in the mail sometime in the next two months and wanted to know if you need to have the Selective Service letter with you when you go to submit your application with the background investigator. I know I've had it but misplaced it somewhere. If I do need it, I want to get a head start and get a dup..anyone know if I need it?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by OAK View Post
    Fellas, quick question..I'm expecting my BI packet in the mail sometime in the next two months and wanted to know if you need to have the Selective Service letter with you when you go to submit your application with the background investigator. I know I've had it but misplaced it somewhere. If I do need it, I want to get a head start and get a dup..anyone know if I need it?
    You need it. Type it into your search bar you'll find it. Then all you need is a copy.

Forum Member

For those of us who just missed this class, will our medicals still hold up for the January class? I finished my medical on April 22 and I can imagine for some people, a lot can happen medically in that amount of time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    For those of us who just missed this class, will our medicals still hold up for the January class? I finished my medical on April 22 and I can imagine for some people, a lot can happen medically in that amount of time.
    I think the medicals are only good for 6 months. Thats why we were so surprised they gave out so many extra medicals. Usually if they give you the medical then they expect you have a real good shot of getting into the class because they don't want to waste money and have to give you another one for the next class.

Forum Member

anyone think the next round of packets will hit score 100, I'm thinking they might start processing to down to 101 since that's a high amount of people
    FDNY EXAM 2000
    Score: 100
    List Number: 22xx

Thread Information