Like Tree9833Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DREAMOFFDNY View Post
    anyone think the next round of packets will hit score 100, I'm thinking they might start processing to down to 101 since that's a high amount of people
    If I had to guess, I think they would process all the 102's with this next round of packets. That'll give them over 1000 candidates for this next class. Just a guess though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    If I had to guess, I think they would process all the 102's with this next round of packets. That'll give them over 1000 candidates for this next class. Just a guess though.
    I can't wait till January class is in ... After that we got seven classes left ... The list expires summer 2017 and if the ratio goes as far as 1:7 damn baby I'm in for a shot ... Wishful thinking right ? Well that's all I got for now... Best of luck brothers ... And please man I know my post might mean nothing to most of you guys but stop wasting a spot if you know this job is not for you ...
    vekdoggs75 and chadxmerch like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    I can't wait till January class is in ... After that we got seven classes left ... The list expires summer 2017 and if the ratio goes as far as 1:7 damn baby I'm in for a shot ... Wishful thinking right ? Well that's all I got for now... Best of luck brothers ... And please man I know my post might mean nothing to most of you guys but stop wasting a spot if you know this job is not for you ...
    If u don't mind me asking, what area is your list number in? I'm in it for the long haul as well (6,000's)..

Forum Member

Tell that to that EMS guy that dropped for the second time.....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post
    If u don't mind me asking, what area is your list number in? I'm in it for the long haul as well (6,000's)..
    Times your number by 2 ish lol .. I'm out of the hiring range right now but god only knows what's ahead of us all I can do is see is how this list turns out in the next 4 years

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Are you serious!? I believe its fair that you should get a second chance under certain circumstances, such as an injury, but besides that it should be one and done.

Forum Member

Times your number by 2 ish lol .. I'm out of the hiring range right now but god only knows what's ahead of us all I can do is see is how this list turns out in the next 4 years
    Good luck, man.. Check out Philly fire dept too... They are accepting applications now. Keep some options open.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    I think the medicals are only good for 6 months. Thats why we were so surprised they gave out so many extra medicals. Usually if they give you the medical then they expect you have a real good shot of getting into the class because they don't want to waste money and have to give you another one for the next class.
    I believe it's good for a year. Someone correct me if I'm wrong because it's been a long while since I last took it.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I don't think the FD psyc test is as stringent as the PD test. Its more about making sure you aren't afraid of heights, fires, or are straight up crazy. In the PD they are handing you a gun so they wanna cover all their bases a hundred times over. So I think we haven't heard much about the psyc because far less people fail it than the PD version.
    Its funny PD hires a lot of whacko cops that get caught up in stuff in the news.. The fail me, but D.O.C hires me and gives me the authority to carry a firearm.. When a lot of my friends got themselves a firearm to carry off duty, I haven't went and got myself a firearm, and in fact have no desire to carry a firearm off duty because of the problems that it can cause.

FDNY was my dream job many years ago before I took the 2007 test... When I took the 2007 test, I was disappointed to realize that I would not get the job, because I scored 12,000ish on the list, which to me I KNEW they weren't going to reach me. Then the list got thrown out anyway.

Then NYPD became my new dream job and something I wanted so bad. I was a skinny kid, real skinny, I started hitting the gym, put on 20 LBs got much stronger and was so pumped for nypd. Unfortunately that didn't work out. I felt I was very deserving of the job, and I just got screwed out of it. I took the D.O.C test just to take it as a backup plan when all else fails. Well shortly after NYPD DQ'ed me, and years after I took the D.O.C test, they just called me outta no where and started processing me. Its funny to say, but D.O.C was extremely nice and helpful during the hiring process. Where NYPD's attitude was call out of your job on short notice to come to appointments for a job you don't even have or else don't get this job, D.O.C was willing to work with me and schedule my appointments around my job. My D.O.C investigator appreciated the fact that I gave her ALL my paperwork and had it neatly organized just perfectly for her the 1st time I met her, and in return she got me into the next available class. The psych for D.O.C realized I got nypd DQ'ed, but he took a minute to analyze my situation and see that im fit for the job. since ive been with D.O.C, my record has been perfect, no call outs, no latenesses, and I even come to work 2 hours before my shift starts (I live no where near rikers island btw, so its a lengthy commute) everyday just to use the gym and get myself more prepared for FDNY.

the FDNY test I took again last yr, but I basically took it just to give myself an opportunity, because after what happened with the last test getting thrown out and this PH hiring thing, I really didn't want to get my hopes or expectations up for FDNY.

Now I realize that scoring in the top 1000, I have a chance to get into FDNY.

I want to get the F*ck outta D.O.C because its wasted talent. Im not helping anybody here or doing anything productive in D.O.C, im just responsible for the care of scumbags and working with bad staff. I don't have any satisfaction at the end of the day for supervising these guys, and I get irritated sometimes from working with the crappy people that I work with.

Im hoping I can get into FDNY, where I can utilize my time to help people and have a productive job.

And its definitely not about the money for me, because believe it or not going from D.O.C to FDNY I would be making less money.
    Last edited by John246; 08-08-2013 at 11:34 AM.
    River6019 and J0hnnyb0y like this.

Forum Member

I got no words for this individual
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Holy ****!!! That's taking the old "3rd time's a charm" thing a little too literally.
    FdnytolifeE293 likes this.

Forum Member

Reliable source told me about 25 guys dropped. I asked if that was average, he said not in the first 3 days its not.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by inthrewtheoutdor View Post
    Reliable source told me about 25 guys dropped. I asked if that was average, he said not in the first 3 days its not.
    Just a day ago someone said, believe it was Jukez said 8 confirmed drops. And he's always been on point with the information he dropped. 25 drops in the first 3 days sounds like that rumor from a month or two ago that only 16 PH's passed all the required steps prior to the run.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Just a day ago someone said, believe it was Jukez said 8 confirmed drops. And he's always been on point with the information he dropped. 25 drops in the first 3 days sounds like that rumor from a month or two ago that only 16 PH's passed all the required steps prior to the run.
    The most recent word from jukez was 12.

Forum Member

If you know the name PM me. What a waste of a spot.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    I believe it's good for a year. Someone correct me if I'm wrong because it's been a long while since I last took it.
    I was told by an investigator it is good for a year.

Forum Member

Not only is your source UNrealiable but absurd as well. This is not the navy seals training to get that many drops in 3 days..... The stuff they do in the first 3 days is CRAP compare to the stuff you do a few weeks in. As far as I know is 12 drops only, most EMS...
    vekdoggs75 and NycQ83 like this.

Forum Member

Double post
    Last edited by Jukez; 08-08-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    If you know the name PM me. What a waste of a spot.

hey, check your pm's when you have a chance. i wrote you a message yesterday. thanks.

Forum Member

correct me if i'm wrong guys going through processing now.. but my friend said they are not asking for any summons dispositions theyre just asking if you had any arrests, misdemeanors etc in the background- is this true?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Its funny PD hires a lot of whacko cops that get caught up in stuff in the news.. The fail me, but D.O.C hires me and gives me the authority to carry a firearm.. When a lot of my friends got themselves a firearm to carry off duty, I haven't went and got myself a firearm, and in fact have no desire to carry a firearm off duty because of the problems that it can cause.

FDNY was my dream job many years ago before I took the 2007 test... When I took the 2007 test, I was disappointed to realize that I would not get the job, because I scored 12,000ish on the list, which to me I KNEW they weren't going to reach me. Then the list got thrown out anyway.

Then NYPD became my new dream job and something I wanted so bad. I was a skinny kid, real skinny, I started hitting the gym, put on 20 LBs got much stronger and was so pumped for nypd. Unfortunately that didn't work out. I felt I was very deserving of the job, and I just got screwed out of it. I took the D.O.C test just to take it as a backup plan when all else fails. Well shortly after NYPD DQ'ed me, and years after I took the D.O.C test, they just called me outta no where and started processing me. Its funny to say, but D.O.C was extremely nice and helpful during the hiring process. Where NYPD's attitude was call out of your job on short notice to come to appointments for a job you don't even have or else don't get this job, D.O.C was willing to work with me and schedule my appointments around my job. My D.O.C investigator appreciated the fact that I gave her ALL my paperwork and had it neatly organized just perfectly for her the 1st time I met her, and in return she got me into the next available class. The psych for D.O.C realized I got nypd DQ'ed, but he took a minute to analyze my situation and see that im fit for the job. since ive been with D.O.C, my record has been perfect, no call outs, no latenesses, and I even come to work 2 hours before my shift starts (I live no where near rikers island btw, so its a lengthy commute) everyday just to use the gym and get myself more prepared for FDNY.

the FDNY test I took again last yr, but I basically took it just to give myself an opportunity, because after what happened with the last test getting thrown out and this PH hiring thing, I really didn't want to get my hopes or expectations up for FDNY.

Now I realize that scoring in the top 1000, I have a chance to get into FDNY.

I want to get the F*ck outta D.O.C because its wasted talent. Im not helping anybody here or doing anything productive in D.O.C, im just responsible for the care of scumbags and working with bad staff. I don't have any satisfaction at the end of the day for supervising these guys, and I get irritated sometimes from working with the crappy people that I work with.

Im hoping I can get into FDNY, where I can utilize my time to help people and have a productive job.

And its definitely not about the money for me, because believe it or not going from D.O.C to FDNY I would be making less money.
    Dear Diary...

(j/k, lol, I feel ya)
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Not only is your source UNrealiable but absurd as well. This is not the navy seals training to get that many drops in 3 days..... The stuff they do in the first 3 days is CRAP compare to the stuff you do a few weeks in. As far as I know is 12 drops only, most EMS...
    Alright, thats what I heard from a guy who was at the rock yesterday, maybe hes wrong then, he said something like 5 drops just the other day, same day. maybe they are exaggerating then, idk.

Forum Member

Alright, thats what I heard from a guy who was at the rock yesterday, maybe hes wrong then, he said something like 5 drops just the other day, same day. maybe they are exaggerating then, idk.
    When I was in the academy I didn't really have a clue how many guys had dropped, or may be out on medical leave at the moment. Your friend should be too busy just trying to make it through the day to be concerned with that stuff.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    hey, check your pm's when you have a chance. i wrote you a message yesterday. thanks.
    Got it, I haven't had access to a computer in a few days and I'm not a fan of writing novels on my phone.

Forum Member

My friend has his medical next week. He is concerned about his medical because he has hardware in his leg (metal). Whats is the fdnys policy as far as that is concerned? What goes on at the medical as far as xrays?

Has anyone else disclosed having hardware in their body and what happened?

Thread Information