Like Tree11283Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

This is the best forum ever. Read this **** every day.
    Anyway my list # is 20xx I scored a 101
    I workout at at NYSC in bensonhurst exit 5 off the belt pkwy. Wanted to see if in the upcoming months we can set up some sort of a team workout. It doesn't have to be there but I know all the necessary equipment is there. Maybe like a weekly thing or monthly w/e
    Not sure, I guess we should start an email group.

Also if anyone wants to take the lead on this project feel free.
    Last edited by general_cornwalis; 08-13-2013 at 12:01 PM. Reason: typo
    SouthBK84 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    jeez if all this racial fighting is happening before we all get on the job. then what is going to happen if we all get tasked to work together one day?

someone post a pic of a big booty so we all have something better to focus on
    It's not racial fighting. It's a matter of preferential treatment due to bogus claims. Calling it racial fighting makes it sound like we're squaring off in the San Quentin Rec yard.

Forum Member

general_cornwalis - Great idea, turn your PM on
    Last edited by SouthBK84; 08-13-2013 at 12:44 PM.
    Exam# 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    It's not racial fighting. It's a matter of preferential treatment due to bogus claims. Calling it racial fighting makes it sound like we're squaring off in the San Quentin Rec yard.
    Haha !!!! Blood in blood out ......
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

theres nothing anyone can do about it so why harp on it? no one here is doing hiring for the fdny. in my mentor group there were 3 priory hires and like you...i thought it was bogus that they got priority for failing a test. but the truth was they all scored rather high on the test, so after that i stopped believing all the rumors that i kept hearing from my buddies on the job.

and who are we to say who is more qualified? how do you know those guys arent more qualified than you. if thats the case then how could someone with a list # of 4000 get hired but not someone with a list number of 100? they have there hiring standards and the academy and probation is the weeding out process so lets all stop calling the guys who drop out scumbags because we think we are more qualified than them.

i'm sure every guy who tries out for navy seal school thought he wanted to be a SEAL, i'm sure they thought they had what it takes, then they get to BUDS and dont make it. doesnt mean they are scumbags, just means they tried and failed. this also means that the academy did its job which is to weed out non hackers before the real training starts.

clearly from my post you can tell i'm in the service and a minority
    Blu 2 red hopeful likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dannypanigale View Post
    haha !!!! Blood in blood out ......
    la ondaaaaaaaaa
    Dannypanigale likes this.

Forum Member

theres nothing anyone can do about it so why harp on it? no one here is doing hiring for the fdny. in my mentor group there were 3 priory hires and like you...i thought it was bogus that they got priority for failing a test. but the truth was they all scored rather high on the test, so after that i stopped believing all the rumors that i kept hearing from my buddies on the job.

and who are we to say who is more qualified? how do you know those guys arent more qualified than you. if thats the case then how could someone with a list # of 4000 get hired but not someone with a list number of 100? they have there hiring standards and the academy and probation is the weeding out process so lets all stop calling the guys who drop out scumbags because we think we are more qualified than them.

i'm sure every guy who tries out for navy seal school thought he wanted to be a SEAL, i'm sure they thought they had what it takes, then they get to BUDS and dont make it. doesnt mean they are scumbags, just means they tried and failed. this also means that the academy did its job which is to weed out non hackers before the real training starts.

clearly from my post you can tell i'm in the service and a minority
    I commend you for your service, but your statement above is quite confusing. How can someone with a list #4000 get hired, but not someone with a list #100?

I do appreciate and agree with your Seals example though. Guys on this forum are frustrated because they wish they had the opportunity to graduate from this present class and the fact people are quitting is somewhat puzzling. Everybody wants their chance.....sooner rather than later if you get me.

Forum Member

I commend you for your service, but your statement above is quite confusing. How can someone with a list #4000 get hired, but not someone with a list #100?

I do appreciate and agree with your Seals example though. Guys on this forum are frustrated because they wish they had the opportunity to graduate from this present class and the fact people are quitting is somewhat puzzling. Everybody wants their chance.....sooner rather than later if you get me.
    your list don't mean jack if you can't pass everything else I assume. Even if you make it in you still have to pass Academy or bye bye

Forum Member

exactly what i meant. meaning just because your list number is good doesnt mean that you are the best qualified for the job. just means you will have your chance to prove whether you are or are not sooner than someone with a higher list.

Forum Member

la ondaaaaaaaaa
    A toda madre o un desmadre!!!!!!

Forum Member

exactly what i meant. meaning just because your list number is good doesnt mean that you are the best qualified for the job. just means you will have your chance to prove whether you are or are not sooner than someone with a higher list.
    Your list # is obviously a ranking at how well you did on the exam. You don't see a problem with guys (and girls) who had their shot at exams over a decade ago but didn't score well enough to be hired now jumping everyone who did do better? I'm very perplexed at this sentiment.

PS - For people who are about to comment with pictures of trains derailing or comments like "Why are you clogging the forum with repetitive ****," I just want to say I'm not arguing here.
    My1Goal likes this.

Forum Member

any tips for FDNY medical in terms of the heart rate? I've been running a lot but I heard a lot of people fail this.

Forum Member

the point being. how do you know they didnt score well enough to get hired? you are assuming that from what you have heard. the city plans on hiring close to 1200 or so ff and you are upset about the 100 or 200 guys who might be priority? i could care less about that, all i can do is train, wait and hope to do well when my shot comes. those guys have nothing to do with you, its like we all looking for someone to blame for us not going into the july class. what will we complain about after jan, when almost all ems and priority guys will be done.

train hard, and hurry up and wait. thats all we can do
    Blu 2 red hopeful likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    any tips for FDNY medical in terms of the heart rate? I've been running a lot but I heard a lot of people fail this.
    Interval training, and practicing with an actual stairmill and weight vest if you have the option. A lot of people fail the first time and then pass on the second so try not to stress about it too much.

Forum Member

the point being. how do you know they didnt score well enough to get hired?
    I think it's because the lists expired before their numbers were called. I've been following this forum for the past 6 years, and I must say it's slowly deteriorating. It seems like you're both for/against rank-order hiring. Am I the only one who's feeling this way about your posts? It's just a little confusing.

The color of your skin doesn't matter as long as you're hired according to your rank/list/test score or what-have-you. We're just a little annoyed because a lot of us have waited 6 years for a spot in the academy; seeing all these PH getting hired first would make anyone who's in our shoes' blood boil. And this is coming from an Asian guy who's probably the minority of all minorities.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

the point being. how do you know they didnt score well enough to get hired? you are assuming that from what you have heard. the city plans on hiring close to 1200 or so ff and you are upset about the 100 or 200 guys who might be priority? i could care less about that, all i can do is train, wait and hope to do well when my shot comes. those guys have nothing to do with you, its like we all looking for someone to blame for us not going into the july class. what will we complain about after jan, when almost all ems and priority guys will be done.

train hard, and hurry up and wait. thats all we can do
    How do I know? Because if they scored well enough on the previous exams and wanted the job, they would be on the job. The idea the City of NY and the FDNY conspired to keep these minority men and women off the job is an absolutely foolish thought. There's a reason why Judge Garaufis used a score of 25 as the floor on all previous exams for retro hiring.

My list # for this exam wasn't good enough to be in the July class so no bitching from me on that front. I'll wait and prepare for my turn. The reason why I'm personally infuriated at the priority hiring policy is because it's shafted me out of being on the job for 4-5 years now. I, along with many others on this forum, should've been hired to only be stopped at the gate by a politically motivated judge.
    My1Goal and Bellestoria like this.

Forum Member

Current info:: 21 drops out the academy as of right now... Winter class will commence the 27th of January.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    I think it's because the lists expired before their numbers were called. I've been following this forum for the past 6 years, and I must say it's slowly deteriorating. It seems like you're both for/against rank-order hiring. Am I the only one who's feeling this way about your posts? It's just a little confusing.

The color of your skin doesn't matter as long as you're hired according to your rank/list/test score or what-have-you. We're just a little annoyed because a lot of us have waited 6 years for a spot in the academy; seeing all these PH getting hired first would make anyone who's in our shoes' blood boil. And this is coming from an Asian guy who's probably the minority of all minorities.
    Like I said I wasn't arguing. I am informing this gentleman of the facts. If news academy comes up and that becomes the topic of convo, I will quiet down and let that have the floor. But until then I'm not going to allow falsehoods to be spread on here about the PHs being individuals who scored great and just didn't get on because of their skin tone.

Forum Member

i've got a question about the residency that i would not have even thought was an issue but just want to confirm..

I moved within the city during the year they are requiring paperwork. Not all the credit card/bank info was transferred to the new address at the same time so there are confllicting addresses for a month to a couple months, but all the paperwork is from within the city... will that be an issue at all?

Forum Member

Like I said I wasn't arguing. I am informing this gentleman of the facts. If news academy comes up and that becomes the topic of convo, I will quiet down and let that have the floor. But until then I'm not going to allow falsehoods to be spread on here about the PHs being individuals who scored great and just didn't get on because of their skin tone.
    My comment was for that gentleman's post, not yours bro. As a guy who was set for the July 08 class, I know exactly where you're coming from.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    My comment was for that gentleman's post, not yours bro. As a guy who was set for the July 08 class, I know exactly where you're coming from.
    My bad - I just know some guys on here get very sensitive over wasted forum space.
    My1Goal likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Current info:: 21 drops out the academy as of right now... Winter class will commence the 27th of January.
    to be clear that would mean paperwork would start on the 20th with a start date of the 27th, or paperwork starts on the 27th? Thanks.

Forum Member

The psychological is only the written correct? No meeting up with a Psychologist like in NYPD? thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    to be clear that would mean paperwork would start on the 20th with a start date of the 27th, or paperwork starts on the 27th? Thanks.
    That's the first day you will be at the rock....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    That's the first day you will be at the rock....
    balls! That means the 1st day would be the day after the Super Bowl. Well, at least Jet fans know they'll be able to get a good nights sleep =)

BTW, for anyone who has to drive to get to Metrotech, this is the cheapest parking garage I could find. On the weekends it's $5 for any 12 hours, during the week their special is $7.25. It's only about .5M from Metrotech too.

http://www.parkme.com/lot/117023/236...y-ny-11201-usa

Thread Information